3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Beachy Weekend Chat - September 22 & 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/266714-beachy-weekend-chat-september-22-23-a.html)

CyndiM 09-22-2012 07:27 AM

Beachy Weekend Chat - September 22 & 23

Good morning sleepy Chicks :coffee2: Hope everyone is resting and relaxing this overcast Saturday morning. I'm about to pour another cup of Vermont Coffee Company Dark Roast, can I get anyone else a cup?

Today I have an actual day off all to myself. Can't remember the last time that happened. I've got shopping (was thinking Trader Joe but I think I will wait until freezer veggie season), cooking for a very long work week, and house stuff to do. Maybe I'll get a walk or bike ride in too. Then tonight bonfire and relaxing evening planned. Now if the weather holds it will all work out.

This weekend's cooking will include that African PB lentil stew and maybe the creamy mexican casserole for weekday eating, and Kalyn's sausage and kale mock lasagna for dinner. Hoping for lots of leftovers for busy days.

Next Friday night we are sneaking one last camping weekend in. I can't wait! I'm going to make a big pot of chili to bring so we have warm food for after hiking.

Now I just need to motivate myself out the door. Want to get that shopping done before things are crazy out there. What's on your weekend agenda?

sophie 09-22-2012 09:59 AM

good morning,

Cyndi - your weekend still sounds very busy but enjoyable

me - after a hectic summer things are calming down I hope. The next trip will be to my daughter's sometime in late Nov. to await the birth of a a new grandchild. So excited about that. I have been accumulating baby stuff. currently on antibiotics for ear and respiratory infection but hopefully it will go away in a few days.
Have a great weekend everyone, hope to join in more often in the future.
take care
Sophie

jekel383 09-22-2012 12:22 PM

Good afternoon. Cyndi how do you make your Mexican casserole? I love anything Mexican

Sophie hope you feel better soon. You must be so excited a new grandchild will be here soon!

Off today up at 5:30 out of the house at 6:15 drove to my friend Joe's. Went for a 20 mile bike ride. Fell at the beginning though, but Ok. Once a klutz always a klutz. Scarfing down some Campbell's chicken quinoa soup (yummy) before Joe gets home. Later we have his son's baseball game. Just hope the weather holds out. Enjoy your Saturday :)

WaistingTime 09-22-2012 04:37 PM

Cyndi - Sounds like a nice day. Camping - not so much!

Sophie - Exciting about the grandbaby. Hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer - Ouch.

Lazy day here so far. I go into work soon for the evening shift. I am sore from my workout yesterday. Nothing planned for tomorrow. Yep, lazy, lazy, lazy weekend. If my darn allergies wasn't so bad I'd be outside taking advantage of the gorgeous weather!

Did anyone else see Kalyn's post today about 90 Healthy No-Heat Lunches? I know we get a lot of beachers looking for suggestions.

jenne1017 09-22-2012 08:23 PM

Hi Cyn <3

My menu for the next few meals includes Taco Bake, Grilled Halibut with Avocado Relish, Stuffed Bell Peppers, Homemade Mac and Cheese (with secret veggie fillers) and Chicken & Corn Chowder (for DW since corn sets me on a downward spiral). So I shopped today and will go for a walk around the pond tomorrow (DW is going to go for a hike).

Sophie - feel better! :hug:

Jennifer - 20 miles? How does your butt survive?!?!?

Karen - Lazy is good! And thanks for the link!

Natasha1534 09-23-2012 12:37 AM

Good evening (uhhh, morning???), ladies...just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I decided to take 2 vacation days this weekend as "mental health days." Today I got up and went to the River Walk to walk w/ a friend. Then I had lunch at a great local burger joint (unfortunately, my favorite burger is topped w/ a fried green tomato...I always indulge there, but I *do* have it on whole wheat, LOL) w/ my mom. Did some grocery shopping after that and then came home to watch my Dawgs whoop up on Vandy. :D

Tomorrow I hope to have lunch w/ an old friend from high school and then possibly walk the River Walk w/ my friend again. I just plan on relaxing and enjoying my time off. Hope you ladies are having a good weekend!!!

Lexxiss 09-23-2012 03:18 AM

Hi there! :sunny:

I guess I didn't say hi before I headed to work yesterday and was too tired when I got home. Now, it seems I can't sleep. Oddly enough, sometimes I can have a cup of coffee and be able to lay back down. I'll give that a try.

Nothing on my agenda today.

CyndiM 09-23-2012 06:56 AM

Good morning sleepy Beach friends :coffee2: I bet Ruth and Cottage are having a great time this weekend. This morning I'm off to my remaining video store shift. I'm trying to give it away. It seemed like fun when I decided to keep it but now I'd really like Sunday off to prep for the work week. After work I'm off on a mountain hike then dinner at the river. Meanwhile I have the Creamy Mexican Casserole in the crock to add to the work week stash.

Hope you are making the most of your weekend!

TwynnB 09-23-2012 07:11 AM

Mmmm, Cyndi - the mexican casserole sounds awesome, I might add that to my menu this week. And the kids devour it!

Yesterday was busy with work in AM, and neighborhood party in the PM. I'm sitting here on the floor enjoying a quiet morning before I go to a cat spay clinic, which is a lot of work, but a lot of fun too! I can smell the brownies I'm making for bible study tonight (will power, will power, will power), I'll make a veggie tray later which actually goes over really well with adults and kids alike.

Unfortunately, Reesie isn't doing too good in the past couple days. Her cancer has spread to her skin, and for some unknown reason, her hind legs are painful. :( I'm afraid it's the beginning of the end, so excuse me if I become a basket case.

But, other stuff goes on, I bet the ladies at the spay clinic will cheer me up!

jekel383 09-23-2012 08:03 AM

Cyndi I am with you, Sundays are for being off. Granted I am working today albeit by choice, but regretting my decision. lol

TwynnB so sorry Reesie isn't doing well. You have every right to e a basket case. Our pets often become as dear to us as people, sometimes even more so.

Woke up extremely tired. I really need to be more mindful of my need for sleep. Not too any bruises, but I am sore. Had a nice day and a very delicious dinner. Funny wasn't a good girl, but was back to my lowest weight. All the bike riding is paying off lol.

Fall is here!!

jenne1017 09-23-2012 10:30 AM

Twynn, so sorry :(

Morning Cyndi and Jennifer

Nothing doing but cooking here and then off for a walk when DW gets back from her hike. Casa de la Boring!

Natasha1534 09-23-2012 12:42 PM

Good morning, ladies. :) Just relaxing on the couch, sipping on a cup of my vanilla creme coffee, and enjoying my weekend.

Lexxiss - Funny you should mention that...my bestfriend's granny used to give her a cup of coffee to put her to bed on nights when she had trouble sleeping when she was younger. Apparently her metabolism is so fast (yeah, I know, I hate her too :p) that she processes it and crashes pretty quickly.

TwynnB - So sorry that Reesie isn't doing well. *hugs* I would be a basketcase, too, if anything happened to my Shadow. :(

Back to relaxing, LOL...bye, ladies!!!

weezle 09-23-2012 03:09 PM

:tired:

I got hitched yesterday! I'm wiped out, and am taking a week off from thinking about anything, including food. Then next week I'll be back at it, eating right for the pre-holiday push.

Had breakfast at Charlie Parker's (as seen on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives) this morning with my family from out of town, then returned the keg, and bought some new bedding with gift cards we received. Everything is put away and I'm in fat pants on the couch with the windows open. Will switch out bedding later :D

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Lisa

Natasha1534 09-23-2012 11:38 PM

Congratulations, Lisa!!! Best wishes for a long happy life together!!! :)