It's FRIDAY! Daily Chat for 8/31

• Happy Friday, and a very foggy one on this last day of August! It looks like I'm living in a cloud. But there's coffee, and it's hot and strong, so come and join me for a cup.

I need to go out for some groceries and am thinking Trader Joe's, then home for a quick dust and vacuum before my DD and GD come out to spend the weekend with us, and Amber and Tyler have 1/2 day of school today and will be home, too. So it looks like my house will be bursting at the seams this weekend.
  • Cloud living here too, Linda, and it's so humid you can almost feel moisture on your face. The radar shows rain moving this way and I wish it'd just get on with it.

I said a tearful farewell to my "kids" yesterday and fretted a bit about them overnight. They did arrive home safely - although very tired and a tad messed up from the time change. It was a weeks of lots of fun and way too much food. (We went to Forfar for ice cream three times!)

First thing this morning, I'll purge the fridge! Darned weight puffed up to 188 so I have some work ahead of me. I was considering the gym this morning after a week of skipping it in favour of family breakfast. I think I'll wimp out and go back next Wednesday - closed Monday for Labour Day.

Off to Westport for a pedicure this morning at 9 but plan a long tub soak before then.

Enjoy this long weekend, the last of the summer.
  • I'm glad to hear the kids made it home safe and sound, Ruth, and at least they have the weekend to rest up and acclimatize to the time change. My goodness, 3 visits to Forfar???!!!
  • Yes, but only a single scoop. I guess I won't be going back there until 2013 as my rule is/was once a month and I'd already been there once in early August!
  • Good Morning

It's cool here but is shaping up for a nice day. Mom is on her way over. We'll pool, get Kirk to his DR appt then enjoy our day together. Mom and I will leave early tomorrow so I can get to work by 7. Kirk is going to be on his own for awhile moving ahead with his therapy.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning soupy day here too. It is really Friday for me whoo hoo! Tomorrow I am going to a wedding in the Catskills, hopefully it won't be too hot. My neighbor will look in on the pups so there is no need to rush. Sunday and Monday will be for relaxing. Tues we have a Supervisors meeting at work. Gotta love union rules minimum 6 hours OT for a 2 hour meeting. Then working the remainder of the week. Oh well I guess summer break is over for me lol