South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Daily for 8/27

Good morning from a very rainy Thorndale! We're getting deluged at the moment! I'd love nothing more than to stay home curled up on the couch with my book all day and listen to the rain, but duty calls. At least I was able to indulge in a lazy day yesterday.

Today is the first day back to school for Audrey & Maggie, and Audrey will get home just before I have to leave to pick up Maggie. It will be a long, lonely day without them; summer vacation went by way too fast!

I loaded the dehydrator with beets, carrots, and tomatoes last night, and I hope they're done before I have to leave this morning. It was a tedious job prepping the beets and I had to hand-slice them and the carrots to get them thin enough for chips, but they turn out so good that it's worth it.

So what's happening on your start to the week?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed a laid back weekend! Yes, Summer went by way too fast! I just loaded the dehydrator with kale chips...our favorite. I'm getting organized for work and still have a few chores to finish.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! The beet chips sound excellent, Cottage, although I bet I'm too lazy to try making them! (It would be easier to travel to your house to visit!! ) Debbie - glad you stopped by

My kids don't start school for another week, and there's no day camp anymore, so they're going with me to work. OH, goody goody. Actually, they do pretty good, but tomorrow may be challenging with how long my day is.

But for today, I don't have a lot of surgeries, so I'm hoping to get them out earlier, take them school supply shopping, out to lunch, and the library as well. Maybe they can get some good books to read at work tomorrow!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You can stop in any time, Tammy! I'd love to have you! My DD has had to take Carley to work with her for these last two weeks before school starts, too. She's been pretty good most of the time, but DD says she tends to chatter too much and makes it hard to concentrate. It's too bad that camps can't last up to the week before school starts. It really leaves some parents in limbo.

Debbie, I haven't been too happy with my kale chips from the dehydrator, and have resorted to buying them already done. Mine crumble too much into itty bitty bits.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

First rainy day in a long time and it's the day the family are going to Ottawa. I suggested Wednesday instead but they are running out of time and we already are "booked" for Tuesday evening and Wednesday afternoon. (I am not going to go along but will have a "home alone" day to catch my breath.) Mary Ellen assures me that West Coasters just ignore the rain but I am sending them off with umbrellas anyhow.

No sure when they'll be back but supper will be an easy one of leftovers so it'll be an easy day here. The dogs will really miss the company and commotion and will probably zzzz it away. (By the way, Dave thinks he's found and fixed Jazz's escape route although he'll probably dig another one.)

They are all up now so I'll crank up breakfast and send them on their way with full tummies and happy hearts.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, no rain here, but maybe it's coming who knows!

I am off until Thursday and don't plan on doing much. School does notvstartbhere until September 5th. Hopefully this will be my son's last week at his dad's as I do miss him. My son informed me he does not like switching between houses. He would rather stay with one parent for a long time then the other. So the ex and I are trying to find a schedule that would be fair to all. I have a feeling my son will want to stay with his dad because dad lets him use his car everyday for a few hours. Dad had four vehicles mom one. Trust me when he is out riding around, my son doesn't use that time to visit his mom. Oh the teenage years!

Well time for coffee and plan my day. Hole everyone enjoys theirs.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Quick fly-by on the way to the work week. I hope to get back in late tonight.

Hope your Monday is a breeze.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Good Morning Chicks the sun is shinning here today and looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.

Well I am back on track after stepping on the scales. Not sure what I expected but it was otn that number. Summer eating is OVER!!!!!!!!!

Linda- I love beets, I dont have a dehydrator I wonder if I could do them in the oven.

Must dash the wee ones are ready to go outside. I will pop back in at quiet time.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me was too busy this am to get on earlier. I have decided that I must stop the madness of backsliding and I am the same as littlechick, rude awakening this weekend on the scale.

I am committed to being more active and make the right choices food wise, now to stick to it, I am just going to concentrate on one day at a time.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening! Jeez, I'm either on here at the crack of dawn or in the evening Hello cottage, Debbie, Twynn, Ruth, Jekel, CyndiM, Pearlrose, and Littlechick!

Isn't it funny, the range of times that kids go back to school? When I was a kid, it was always 'the first Tuesday after Labor Day' - and that was IT. Around here, some kids started last Wednesday! Now that our kids have been out of school system for a LONG time, I only notice the congestion of extra vehicles in town as I'm trying to safely navigate on my motorcycle.
Closed Thread