Traipsing Through Tuesday - Chat for August 21

• Yesterday was a sort of stumble through Monday sort of day but today will be better. I'll spare you the gory details.

The dogs and I were on the back deck around 4:30 and the stars were just brilliant. It was a tad chilly but most pleasant with my jean shirt over my robe for warmth. Fall is definitely in the air, in the early mornings, at least. I may change my avatar since the zinnias in my garden are gearing down anyhow. The tomatoes didn't get the memo and are still producing!

Nothing scheduled today which is a relief. I plan to do some desk organizing and also clean out my fridge ready for a big food and drink shop tomorrow or Thursday. My DD arrives with her DH and son that evening and I know a lot of food will disappear over the following week. I also need to bake (again!) because a grandmother NEEDS a full cookie jar when her 13 year old grandson arrives. We are invited to a big BBQ on Saturday, a smaller one on Tuesday and probably will go to my sister's farm for dinner one night of the week so meals really won't be a problem.

That's the plan for today. Now to see if any roadblocks appear.

Have a coffee and chat a bit before you set out on your day or join us later if you are already underway.
  • Good morning, Ruthie, and those to come. I'm glad to hear you sounding positive and chipper after your awful day yesterday. Here's to a much better day today.

There's a definite change in the air, and I had to wrap a quilt around me while I enjoyed my first coffee on the porch. It's a welcome change, though, after all the heat and humidity of the summer!

I plan to stop in see Mom before I head over to the farm. The girls are out walking the hounds for the Fox Hunt this morning so I don't have to go in so early. I'm not sure what our plans are for the day since we have piano and violin lessons this afternoon, but we're planning to spend Friday at Hershey Park.

Have a great day!
  • Sorry to hear you had a not-so-great day, Ruth. But, I'm hung up on "making cookies"...what kind are you making for your grandson!??!

Cottage - I meant to get to hershey park this summer, but didn't make it....have some fun for us!!

Isn't it fabulous having these cool nights to sleep in?! LOVE IT!!! I have a blanket over my feet, and my pup next to me. My "9-2" day yesterday turned into a "9-4" day yesterday, so I had to do my errands late last night (but did get a 5 mile walk with a friend...my priorities were right!!). Today my long day is packed...I think I should plan on bringing some coffee with for mid day. UGH. Can't wait for my mini vacation, I am about worn out.

Until then....COFFEE!! Thank goodness. And I am grateful to SBD to getting me to drink it with only milk....
  • TwynnB, the cookies will probably be chocolate chip since I really don't like them much. I often make dried cranberry and white chocolate ones but cannot be strong around them.

Cottage, I have never been to Hershey Park. We should do it sometime. I don't know if I could stand the smell though. Once in France we visited a chocolate-making town - Blois? - and I actually got nauseated from the smell.

By the way, "traipsing" was not a good choice of adjective for today's title - it can mean walking reluctantly and I really am hoping to skip through today. Right now I am dressed and ready to tackle the tomato harvest. Maybe it should be Tra-la-la-ing through Tuesday?
  • Good morning,

On my cell phone this morning wireless not cooperating on bus.

Ruth sorry you didn't have a great day yesterday here's to a better one today

Cottage hope you have a great day

Twynn I am with you need a vacation

Today is mainly meetings for me, my neck is almost back to normal as well. Tonight: as soccer and that is about all

Have a great day everyone
  • Good morning,

On my cell phone this morning wireless not cooperating on bus.

Ruth sorry you didn't have a great day yesterday here's to a better one today

Cottage hope you have a great day

Twynn I am with you need a vacation

Today is mainly meetings for me, my neck is almost back to normal as well. Tonight: as soccer and that is about all

Have a great day everyone
  • Good Morning

We had an "event" at work yesterday which kind of has me feeling down. The gal who hasn't been pulling her weight didn't show up and blamed it on everyone else. Several of us got mini lectures. It made me feel like I didn't want to be there anymore...am trying to stay positive as we all readjust.

My weight holds I am grateful for that today.

Have a good day, beacher friends!
  • Another quick fly by from a coffee shop, of course I'm reading but not finding as much time to post as I would like.

Add me to the people hopping back on plan after a brief (5 lbs ) lapse. So far, so good
  • Good morning all

This is day 3 of phase 1 for me and so far so good. The scale is already moving in the right direction! School is getting ready to start and it is crazy at our house. I feel like I am just hanging on for the ride

DH is a teacher who starts back this week. He has been home all summer watching the kids so DD3 (who is only 11 months old) had a heartbreaking meltdown when she got dropped off at daycare for the first time in 3 months this morning. DD2 starts school next week and DD1 starts the week after that. I have been running around like crazy trying get supplies/registration/paperwork/open house attendance organized for two schools and daycare. I will so be so glad when the routine gets settled into and life can return to some degree of normal.

Haven't been able to exercise but hoping that will change soon. I miss the days when DH and I used to do 5K races together. I have decided that I am going to register for a race so that I have no choice but to get my butt out there and train.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • A very late fly by. Was up at 3:45 for work and did not get in until 9:30. Was fairly good, but not great today. Caved in to a few munchins and a slice of pizza. Ate out of fatigue and sheer lazyiness which is put of my norm. Tomorrow I will wake up refreshed, have an OP day and go for lengthy bike ride. My ankles are quite swollen from poor food choices and inactivity today. See you in the am nite nite ladies
  • Just saying hi. *waves*