Checking in and a new challenge

• Hey ladies!! It has been too long, but I've managed to maintain my weightloss. I recently got a higher yoga certification and got a group fitness cert as well, so I have been busy teaching classes and preparing for my upcoming homeschool year...needless to say, it has been nuts over here the past few weeks. If any of that wasn't enough, we recently found out that we are expecting baby #3. I am absolutely terrified of going off the deep end and gaining 75 lbs. like I did with my first son...soooo, I'm coming back to join you guys. I do so well when I have you all to be accountable to. Does anybody mind if I start a daily menu thread again? Those were so helpful to me.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • AhhhhhH! CONGRATS!! I know you made a few mentions of wanting a third on FB, so happy for you.

But your lifestyle is SO MUCH different now then it used to be!! It's great that you're aware of your intake, but I bet this time is a whole different story.

And thanks for starting the daily thread, I've missed it....I need more ideas!
  • Congratulations, Zeff, and of course you may start a new daily menu thread! We usually have a weekly one running, but I think it's fallen by the wayside what with summer and all.

You certainly have made some major accomplishments and life changes in the last year or so and should be very pleased with yourself. I can understand your concern with gaining weight during this pregnancy, but you seem to have a good handle on things, and what with keeping yourself accountable and checking in here, you should do just fine.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!, and when is the baby due?
  • Congratulations Zeff that is great news, I am sure you will be fine, you are so into fitness now pregnancy should not slow you down at all.
  • WOOHOO! Congratulations!!!!!!
  • Congrats!
  • Zeff congratulations, Good for you thinking about your health and weight. My daughter is 5 1/2 months pregnant and has gained weight. She has been staying with me and it takes all my will power to keep quiet at to what she is eating on the side.
    take care
    Sophie
  • Thanks girls. I'm having a bit of a tough time keeping anything down these days and all I really feel like eating is cold smoothies and fruit. I try to make my smoothies as nutrient dense as possible to try to make up for my lack of appetite to anything else. The vitamix has been a godsend over here! I don't think a regular blender could handle all of those ingredients!

I'm going to try a gazpacho today and see if I can trick myself into thinking it is just a tomato smoothie in a bowl.

Oh! and due in late March
  • Congratulations, Zeff! You will do great! You are a different person now and I know that between your eating principles and your exercise you'll not be gaining all that weight again.

Best wishes!
  • Awesome Z!!! I came back just to check in and saw this good news. You can do it...just remember how good healthy food is for the baby.
  • Thanks, MMC!

and really now. my husband and I are not fly-by-the-seat of our pants types at all...but we just put an offer in on a house. We weren't even really looking, just in the thinking about it stages. On Wednesday, I found a house while browsing the real estate ads, saw it Thursday, put in the offer today. Pending the results of an inspection, we should be good to go!
  • Hello Zeffryn - congrats on both fronts! I started to put this post in the daily meal thread, but thought you might see it here sooner.

Have you tried adding some grated fresh ginger to your AM smoothies? It might really help with the morning sickness and is safe for use in pregnancy. If you're carrying a water bottle during the day, you can do the same - a little grated ginger with a squeeze of lemon. Hopefully, it'll help!
  • Thanks for the tip, Cat. I drink ginger tea a lot, but didn't consider the fresh ginger in my smoothies or water