3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Tuesday Beach Chat - July 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/263397-tuesday-beach-chat-july-23-a.html)

Ruthxxx 07-24-2012 06:32 AM

Tuesday Beach Chat - July 23

Good morning! A lovely 71ºF this morning and the dogs had a lovely time outside for a while. Then I spotted an adorable baby skunk on the back deck steps! They were called to come in very quickly just in case Momma Skunk was around. They are awfully cute little things though - like cats as pets, so I've heard.

We had big storms around us yesterday afternoon but very little rain. Moel and I were out in the back garden when it started and stood there encouraging it to no avail. It rained just enough to wet parts of our shirts. Of course, rain is predicted fro Thursday, the opening day for Delta Fair! :(

Lots of things to do today and my calendar just reminded me we have pet therapy at the nursing home this afternoon. I won't be doing it all all in August so had better get there today. Aside from that I will be doing desk and home stuff because tomorrow and Thursday are jam-packed with Fair prep and judging and recording plus Thursday's Opening Ceremony.

Hope your Tuesday is sunny and bright with just the right amount of rain and cool breeze - plus coffee, of course. :cofdate:

TwynnB 07-24-2012 06:39 AM

Sounds like today is the least crazy of the week Ruth. You reminded me to look at the weather and figure out if we're "supposed to" get anything worth while. You'd think with accuweather based here they'd get it right most of the time, wouldn't you?

Mom and her foster son leave this am, when I go to work. Wow, what a weekend. Physically and emotionally draining!

I'm assuming my work schedule is packed, since it was nearly so when I left work on Friday. Here's to hoping for some cancellations! Although I'd like to get my exercise going again (I skipped last week due to heat and schedule), I'll be easy on myself to recover from the weekend. We did do a bunch of walking yesterday, that counts a little bit anyway.

Have a great day, y'all!

cottagebythesea 07-24-2012 06:43 AM

:coffee: Good morning, Ruth!

I'm drinking good strong coffee in the hopes that it will finally banish the horrible migraine I've had since yesterday afternoon. Advil is only taking the edge off. At least it's taken my appetite away, so there's some good in it.
I'm going to keep this short, though, since I can hardly even think.

I'll lurk and read, and hopefully be feeling better by tonight.

Have a good one, everybody!

CyndiM 07-24-2012 07:00 AM

Good morning :coffee2:
fly-by this morning but I'll try to get back later. Life has suddenly gotten very busy!

CatMat 07-24-2012 07:56 AM

Cyndi - we must be on the same schedule! We had our final dress rehearsal for Fiddler last night, and tonight's opening night! I have to stop by the store and pick up some raw veg. We start so early, and then I wind up starving, and eating the PRETZELS! Not smart! So, I need to remember to bring some snow peas and things so I have something to munch on that is a bit healthier! Alright - dashing off to feed my 4 legged babies, then off to work! It's a fun week, but I'm looking forward to getting back to my running plan and refocus on eating.

jekel383 07-24-2012 07:57 AM

Good morning we had quite a soaking yesterday and Sunday so no watering today.

Ruth, hope everything goes well with the fair. Try and relax today if you can

TwynnB, it's funny we love our parents, but we get emotionally drained from them lol. I will be seeing my mom Saturday, first time in two years. it is hard to find time between work, school, my son's life etc. Not to mention my step father is difficult and does not want my mom going away. Not difficult in a bad way, more like childish. Because of my son's ways in the past, he informed me my son is not welcome in their home. Yes, this visit albeit quick is only because I miss my mom. My friend is well aware of the drama and should be a good diversion to avoid the topic. He is such a good man and this is the first time I have introduced someone to them since my husband. Let the interrogation begin!!!

Cottage I hope your headache passes quickly. Caffeine does help.

Off to have my smoothie, spin, prep food for my last work week, then off to my friend's for dinner. I will bring his bike home with me and give it a little TLC before our trip.

Stay cool. Has anyone ever visited or lived near Land Between the Lakes KY? If so are there any places we should absolutely see? Thanks chickies!

WaistingTime 07-24-2012 08:08 AM

Good morning!

Linda - Hope you feel better soon.

I'm off to yoga this morning then my annual visit to the allergist to gear up for ragweed season.

Have a great day, all.

Lexxiss 07-24-2012 08:08 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

Like, Cyndi, life has gotten very busy! I stayed up late (experimenting with the new paints) and slept late....painted a bit while I was waking up now it's time to get ready for work. Food was OP yesterday....grateful for that.

Linda, I hope you start feeling better very soon!

Have a great day everyone!

irinaelenav 07-24-2012 09:26 AM

hello everyone! how are u all?
i may say i am doing pretty good.i am down to 271 , 1 august will be the beggining of my new job(3 months) and for the first time i liked what i saw in the mirror the other day(i put a pic in the 30 and something forum if anyon wanna see it) hehe

littlechick 07-24-2012 09:33 AM

Good Morning Chicks- I will pull up a quick chair this morning but no CAFFEINE for me. Drs orders. He is pretty sure I have a peptic ulcer
so no caffeine, or chocolate or greasy foods for me and he has given me a prescription for tetca and I have to go for an upper GI but cant get in til the end of Oct. But I go back and see him in sept and see what happens.

Any of you chicks have ulcers and do you have any great ideas for eating?

MoonChild2 07-24-2012 07:32 PM

I just finished day 2 one plan. It's a start.
the MoonChild