3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   My Ol' Friend SB (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/262579-my-ol-friend-sb.html)

Purpleegg 07-09-2012 12:49 PM

My Ol' Friend SB

Well, I have officially lost count of how many times I've lost and gained the same 40-50 lbs. I swore that I would not spend the rest of my life worrying about every bit of stuff that goes in my mouth or about my weight, as long as I am healthy. But the fact of the matter is that it's getting hard to reach my hiney and my stomach has gotten so large that it prevents me from crossing my legs. So, it's starting to physically debilitate me and it's time to put the brakes on again.

It's 12:44 and so far so good. I am obsessing on candy, I'm a true sugar addict. Today I also called a counselor whom I'll see starting next Monday. I know that it just can't be good to be losing and gaining these huge amounts of weight, and I've been on this cycle for about 20 years.

I'm 52 and just started full blown menopause about 3 months ago. The hot flashes are killer. And I heard that you gain more weight in your abdomen once you're in menopause. I don't know where the **** it would go, I have no lap as it is anymore!:?:

Xan 07-09-2012 05:47 PM

Welcome, and good luck! I'm restarting as well -- I think a lot of us are trying this for the 2nd, or 6th, time. Good luck!

weezle 07-09-2012 07:17 PM

Purple, I'm a yo-yo person too. Life circumstances sometimes make me forget that being out of control with eating makes me fat and unhealthy. I've been (MOSTLY) OP lately. 95%.... Good luck to you girl! And sorry about the hot flashes... I have those and night-sweats about 6 days out of the month, but I'm 32, so I'll be mentioning that to my doc when I go for my fun female appointment in September. Only happens on days when I'm NOT taking the pill, and that makes me worry some.

You can DO it this time around!!! We all can. :)

Lisa

Purpleegg 07-09-2012 07:25 PM

Thanks!

Many thanks for the encouragement:hug:.

Lexxiss 07-10-2012 04:48 AM

Welcome!

WaistingTime 07-10-2012 08:04 AM

Nice to meet you :) You are not alone with the yo-yo thing.

CatMat 07-10-2012 08:26 AM

Good Morning, Purple, and :welcome: If you look at my stats, we are losing the same 40 lbs! I loved your description! I didn't yo-yo as much as zigzag my way to 173....Lose 3 lbs, gain 6 for the perimenopausal years. I'd heard from some sympathetic friends that once you "round the corner" and your hormones settle in, it can be less of a battle to lose weight. Note, I didn't say easy! I'm coming to grips with a slower weight loss, as long as the trend is steadily downward! As for the hot flashes - make sure you're getting your calcium. It seems to help. Good like, and I'll look for you on the boards!

jenne1017 07-10-2012 09:46 AM

:welcome:

Willow324 07-11-2012 08:11 PM

Ha me too! Except my 50lb have stayed for 5 yrs. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one restarting! We can do it!

TimeForMe83 07-22-2012 10:32 PM

I am also on the beach again. I lost 50 lbs 7 years ago and slowly gained it (and another 20) back. I yo'd yo'd a bit in the middle but recently hit the 300 mark which is a super wake up call. Happy to be in this with you. I'm on day 4 of Phase 1 and I've lost 6 pounds.