3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/262295-phase-1-a.html)

Willow324 07-05-2012 12:05 AM

phase 1

Im back on the wagon! what were some recipes that helped you survive phase 1?

what salad dressing did you use? I am very particular about my dressings, i LOVE the good season italian that you make (but im sure it has sugar)

i think eggs will get old pretty fast and I know dessert is important. Im going to make the peanut butter cream cheese muffins!

punmama 07-05-2012 09:03 AM

Welcome Willow,

I have been eating eggs for breakfast. I make them different ways. I also made the recipe for the vegatables ( I am sorry I do not have the book with me right now) that are cut into chunks. I add a little of that into the eggs. For some reason I am not getting tired of eggs. I bought Canadian bacon from Costco and chop some of that into the eggs as well.

I have also made the ricotta desserts but use the Sugar Free DaVince syrups to them. I look forward to them. I also ordered online a selection of flavored extracts which I awaiting delivery of.

As far as salad dressings, I use sugar free ones when I use them. Sometimes I just add tuna fish with light mayo to the salad and mix that all together. I think the salad dressing is Waldenfarms creamy bacon. There is also a Waldenfarms one that goes good with cabbage making it a cole slaw.

I hope this helps and congratulations on getting back to the Beach.

CatMat 07-05-2012 09:50 AM

re: Salad dressing: I really think one of the best things you can do for yourself is to get used to making your own vinaigrette. It's actually quite easy and that way you can be sure you're getting all heart healthy olive oil. In my pantry, I always keep a good Balsamic, a white wine vinegar, a cider vinegar and usually some flavored ones. Then I keep lemons in the fridge, along with good Dijon. Lemon Vinaigrette is wonderful on canned tuna.

Ruthxxx 07-05-2012 10:00 AM

Check out our Recipe Section. The super yummy recipes are marked.

Willow324 07-05-2012 03:27 PM

thanks for the advice! i have olive oil, lemons and basalmic so thats what Ill do!

brwidman 07-23-2012 12:15 PM

Hello all!
Restarting SBD after a few years (and many pounds gained back). Im very excited to restart, but know I will need encouragement very soon as this initial excitement dwindles.
Here's hoping!

BW

MoonChild2 07-23-2012 01:10 PM

BW,
I am also restarting at the beach.
Moon Child

TimeForMe83 07-23-2012 05:38 PM

Hi Willow,

I too, am back on SB after 8 years being off and gaining weight...White Balsalmic Vinegar is my new best friend. I love it on any salad and am far too lazy to make my own lol. I also love McCormick's No salt Garlic Spice. I put it on everything. And I love the breakfast Quiche in the book - basically put egg whites, any veggies you want and low fat cheese in a muffin tin and cook it for 20 mins. I freeze them and they make a quick breakfast for work mornings! I'm going to try turkey bacon next time. I also love the chili the the book. I added extra lean ground beef though so my family would also eat it.

Good luck!

jenny70 07-25-2012 08:10 PM

I made a nice dressing today it was super easy - tbsp of hellman's half fat mayo, tbsp of dijon mustard, and a splash of balsamic vinegar - mixed it all up and had it on salad and also dunked my sliced turkey into it :) I am thinking about trying the almond bars with sugar free jam which I was surprised to see in phase 1 because of the fruit in the jam :S

I am on day 3 and have been having lots of gas :S :S LOL - anyone else having the same issue?

jekel383 07-25-2012 08:35 PM

Welcome. The stomach issues should pass (no pun intended) in a few days. I find if I go way OP for a day I suffer dearly. It actually helps as a little wake up call. I am getting better at one day off program Not leading to a week long binge! Keep up the great work. The message boards are great and the recipes too! if you have questions, ask away, the group is very friendly and knowledgeable

jenny70 07-26-2012 11:24 AM

Hi Jennifer - thanks for the info :) It's nice to see you have reached goal with this plan - it seems like great program - I have been doing quite well at sticking to it so far - cravings can give me a problem here and there - but it hasn't been horrible. Part of this for me is stopping fast food - I found myself back into that bad habit after not eating it for many years and as soon as I started eating it again up went the weight - so I am now

jenny70 07-26-2012 11:24 AM

not eating that crap anymore - sorry I hit the send button before I was done LOL

jenny70 07-29-2012 04:49 PM

Hi everyone - just got back from a weekend camping trip - I did pretty well with a small exception of wine on friday night - but otherwise no bread or anything like that - no snacks either!!! :D Hope you all are doing well - starting the second week tomorrow and here is to continued success :D

wonderlin 07-30-2012 09:57 AM

I'm restarting P1 again today as well.
I was on vacation for a week and none of my dinners were on plan. I did manage to keep breakfast and snacks on plan (lunch, well, sometimes.) Thankfully I only gained about 3 pounds, but my system feels all out of whack!:p

For breakfast when I'm home, I usually have the Chocolate Cheesecake Smoothie. I add flax seed and Spinach to it though, and sometimes just a bit of natural peanut butter. It's my favorite breakfast it really fills me up!