South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default South Beach Weekend Chat Sat. 6-9-12

good morning! I should start the chat so you know I am still around. Beautiful morning out there, 50 and clear. I'd be on the deck but there is still drippiness from last night's rain..so inside but with the front door open to hear the birds GMCR's Lake and Lodge is in my coffee 'bowl' (it's large)

I did a check-in last night on the Friday thread to catch up on all I"ve missed.

I'm not sailing along as I was a couple months ago 'in the zone' so to speak, but that's what it's all about isn't it! Keeping committed in the long run. At work yesterday I made handmade hamburger buns for the guests and staff. I made myself stop at eating half the bun (shouldn't have had any) and a co-worker commented, 'you don't even eat your own hamburger bun?' and I said, 'that's because I dont' trust myself not to have a cookie in a while' . I shouldn't be making allowances for treats but I'm thinking it's better than eating the whole bun plus a cookie?? (but then my DH brought home cookies at night and I blew it all!)

But each day is a new beginning Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Holly and sleepy Beachers I have to open the store today so heading out soon.

Holly - I'm sure it's really tough sticking to plan and doing all that baking. Hopefully as the season progresses it will get easier.
No hail here yesterday, even the rain wasn't too bad.

Hoping the rain holds off this afternoon and I can get out on my bike. I got two walks in yesterday to make up for all the days stuck inside
Old 06-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Holly I cannot imagine how difficult it is to work around food and not eat all of it!!!! Being able to limit yourself is huge. Hey it makes you feel better I had cherry pie Thursday. No craving, but was offered and since it came from a farm stand in New Paltz I caved. Rather than let it derail my entire day I made certain to eat really well the rest of the day.

Cydi I too hope to ride outside, but the weather does not cooperate on my days off lately.

I played hookie from work today. More like a mental health day. My friend comes home from Maine today. I'll be going up later. Tomorrow my brother is having a BBQ to celebrate his nuptials. After 20 plus years he and Mary finally tied the knot. Her son is home from CA so the timing was perfect.

Good morning to the sleepy, busy chicks out there too
Old 06-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Chicklets! I enjoyed my first coffee outside on the patio where I watched the dawn break on what's shaping up to be a glorious weekend.

Holly, it must be quite challenging to stay OP in the midst of all the baked goodies at work, but keep imagining how that baked good is going to look on your hips. (Remember that TV commercial?) That's what helps keep me on the straight and narrow most of the time.

Cyndi, enjoy your day and I hope you can sneak in a nice ride after work!

jekel, looks like you have some good reasons to play hookie today. Have a good time!

We're off to the Amish market and in search of 3 more specially made tomato cages this morning. While I was waiting for Jake to get a part at Home Depot yesterday, I wandered around in the nursery department and ended up with 3 heirloom tomatoes. One is called Mr. Stripey, and I can't remember the names of the others, but one is black and one is purple. They should make for some pretty salads this summer.
It's supposed to get pretty warm this afternoon and I plan on some pool time!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' chicks!

Holly - pastries are my weakness, and my brain can always come up with an excuse of why to eat one. I would say you might get sick of it after a few months, but I'm not sure I would!

Cyndi - are you enjoying your job? Hope you get out for a ride today!

Cottage - Mmmmmm! I almost bought a purple tomato plant, and then didn't. You'll have to keep me posted if it's as good as the reds!

Unfortunately, I got the confirmation that my pup has cancer (lymphosarcoma is a no-brainer in the vet world). Now for the emotional roller coaster of chemo, which we'll probably do (60 day avg w/o chemo, avg 1 year with chemo). She's only 3, so I have to at least try.

Otherwise, it's a busy weekend for us. I work this am (I hope it's not as insane as the rest of the week...), then a good friend's daughter's grad party this afternoon. The evening is free though!! I'm not sure how long I'll be at the party, it'll be a bunch of happy 17 year olds.

WOW! Did I make that coffee strong today!!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. My son's shipment is due to arrive at 10. We'll help him get everything up to his apartment then hit the road. He's ready to have the place to himself and to deflate the air mattress he's been using. His girlfriend is coming up for the day or overnight so he'll have help to put things where he wants them. We'll drive until we are tired, stop at some cheap hotel, then get home probably tomorrow afternoon. I am so looking forward to my own bed and pillow and getting back to routine.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I would be lost without my peke Foo.

I am thinking of moving on to phase 2. I don't think phase 1 is doing anything for me. I haven't eaten anything with wheat since I was put on a gluten free diet in January. I rarely ever eat sugar. Maybe once a month? I have been dieting for about a year and a half on other diets and I have lost 40 pounds. The only thing I really gave up to do phase 1 was fruit and an occasional potato or rice. I am interested in South Beach because it is so similar to how I was already eating. I ate an apple Thursday and some fresh berries yesterday. It doesn't seem to have hurt me any. I think I will just move on to phase 2 and enjoy a little fruit each day . I am working on that first cup of coffee.

See you chicks on the Beach!

Last edited by Ohio Dreamer; 06-09-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Jekel - how did I miss you in my first post? (because my brain is scattered this week!) So sorry to hear about your family troubles, I hope you get some much needed mental rest. Sounds like you're doing the best that you can, and hopefully the time off will help both of you out.

Karen - safe traveling!

Ohio Dreamer - sounds like South beach would fit in with your lifestyle well! I love it here, it has really changed the way that I eat. There's lots of good tips in here, and the daily visit keeps our mind on track. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

hi everyone, now back from my holiday in somerset. did plenty of gardening while down there, i do miss my garden when i come back here and really envy everyone with their big gardens, we are in a small first floor apartment here in reigate. back op today although doing dukan today as i am waiting for my groceries with all the lovely salads to be delivered tomorrow. just chilling out this weekend after the journey back last night. hope everyone has a good weekend
Old 06-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

A safe, but very long trip yesterday. Details later-right now work.

Twynn,
Old 06-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

WELL! We had a humdinger of a storm late yesterday afternoon and did not get power back until this morning. No Net connection until just now. It didn't bring rain to Delta, just all around us but there sure was a wind! Friend Ernie dropped around and we shared some ribs and salad - I heated the ready-cooked BBQ ribs on the grill outside and we sat on the front porch and watched the jet black clouds roll through.

Nothing on the agenda today except tidying up after the storm - trees down and lots of branches to pick up. I am going to my sister Joan's farm for dinner at six as my cousin and her DH are visiting. Should be fun. I'm taking two untouched loaves of Delta Mill bread - rosemary and olive! We are planning a BBQ in case the power goes out again. (Life is an adventure when you live in the country!)
Old 06-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #12  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good afternoon everyone!

Twynn, I'm so very sorry to hear about Reesie's diagnosis. I grew up with dogs (Dobermans), two of whom died of cancer (and both seemed quite happy until the last day), and I remember how we felt when we learned they were ill. The nice thing is, she doesn't know. She just knows you love her and will take care of her.

After a week of wonderfully, unseasonably cool weather, DC Summer is knocking on the door here. Today will be in the 90s with low humidity, but that's just a one-day reprieve, we're told. I hope everyone has a good day, humid or not!

Last edited by Xan; 06-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Ruth I am glad you are safe and I know what you mean about the adventure of living in the country! We have a gas grill with the burner on the side so I can cook when the power goes out and it does frequently and sometimes stays out for days! We also keep candles and oil lamps for light.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

I am spending my time at the pool this weekend so not in front of a computer all that much. I realized I had too much grain (3 servings) and too much fruit (3 servings) yesterday - that's why I like to write it out! Need to take off the pounds I gained on that road trip and in the weeks before!

I hope all is well with you ladies. I miss being here - come July, post work crazy, I will get here more
Old 06-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

sunday and up early had my first cup of tea and porridge for breakfast later, shopping not due until 11 , seems like everyone is having storms lately we had bad storms thur and fri lots of trees down , supposed to be heavy rain today but looks quite fine outside fingers crossed it stays that way. good day on plan today ham and light mozzarella for lunch with salad and t bone steak for dinner
Closed Thread