South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default Beach Chat Thurs. May 31

Good morning! sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but I did read all.

Ruth - You always have busy days!

CyndiM - holy heck, those hailstones were HUGE!! My husband was stranded in Barton for 2 hours, all routes home were temp. flooded.

Cottage - oh dear, so that's at least two of us that are having a hard time with summertime foods (ice cream and hot dogs with buns) and congrats to the famiy's equestrian skills!

Twynn - was the orange belt won?

jekel - I would LOVE to have a meal or two at the CIA!!

Debbie - boy you are an early riser and yes cash hanging around is always great.

HI to everyone else...I remember a missing hamster? hope it's found!

I MUST do a workout today, to end the month..and I must start to structure my food again. I've been trying to 'work around' not planning and it does not work. I was sooo close to breaking the 140's but it won't happen unless I'm dedicated.

have a great day! 8)

oh yes and COFFEE is ready!! (Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Lake & Lodge)

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-31-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Enjoying Paul Newman this morning - just the coffee, dammit! I finally slept in until a reasonable wake-up time - 5 a.m. I sure don't mind getting up then in summer but winter is awfuk! (I know that's a typo but also think it's a good new word! )

Sort of a bonus day coming up - no rain as predicted and no "must do" things on the schedule. I will be free to dabble away at my own garden and maybe do a bit more work around the Village.

Need to gather the trash and trudge it to the road since pick-up is now happening around 6:30 as scheduled. Back later with more of Paul.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Holly - nice to see you starting off with us today! I imagine not planning would be horrid in your job.

Ruth - I better not say your new word, although I do like it .

Just finished a 4 mile run , and it was a gorgeous morning. This waking-up-early thing must be contagious...although I had my alarm set for 5:20, I woke up at 4:45 and just layed there for a bit.

I have a long day of work, and then hopefully nothing else!

Oh - and I found our son doesn't find out for about a month on his orange belt. ANother mom said it takes that long, and they're told to practice patience by not asking...good thing she told us!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-31-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone. And what a beautiful morning it is, with plenty of sunshine and low humidity.

Today's my Friday, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a short day. Yesterday ended up being a very long day since Cindy had to stay late at the horse show and Richard was tied up in a project and thought Cindy had the girls. No problem, though, I brought the girls home and they rode their ponies and I made them their supper and they were ready for bed by the time Richard finally made it home. I'm hoping to make it home in time for some pool time with Amber and Tyler this afternoon.

I tried as hard as I could to stay OP, and just had a spinach salad at the horse show, although it was pretty sparse and left me starving for the rest of the day, and somehow an ice cream cone ended up in my hand. Then I couldn't eat my planned supper since I was at Cindy's, so I just had a slice of whole wheat bread with PB. I WILL do better today!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning This morning it's Vermont Coffee Company's Italian Roast to get me going. I've been making extra coffee on mornings I work. There's nothing I can eat at the store and it's usually 2 by the time I get home so no matter how good my breakfast I'm starving. Iced coffee and a scoop of chocolate (stevia sweetened) protein powder makes a perfect quick hit when I get home. Then I can take time to make a salad or something else on plan. It's not the meal structure I would choose but it works for this situation.

Holly- It's really bad across the river. Roads closed all over SW NH. What a mess. Some of the farmers lost stuff to the hail but not as much as you might think.
How's the summer job going?

Ruth - Enjoy your relaxed day. Hope there's some sit and relax time too

Twynn- Luna would love you. She thinks I should be up at 5 but I disagree.

Cottage - Today is a new day and we can do this (I'm not confessing, just saying I might have similar issues )

Tomorrow is my day off and I've got a long list of things to do. I don't have as much energy as I'm used to so not getting things done at the pace I would like. Today I don't go in until 9 so need to get that car unloaded and clean-up my desk before I go.

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-31-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

slimbysummer -

Holly - I find planning is key, even after all this time on the beach.

Ruth - Well, he is dead! Nice he will be immortalized in coffee and movies.

Twynn - Me too - that waking up thing!

Linda - Hope your day is short and on plan. Enjoy the weather.

Cyndi - My trick is to always pack sliced veggies in the car to eat on my drive home from work to take the edge off. And a water bottle to try to hydrate.

I'm off to yoga this morning. Then laundry so I can pack tomorrow. We have dinner with a group of friends at one of their houses this evening and I know it will be an eating challenge; probably mostly off plan food.

Exciting news - my teen started a job yesterday!! He's working part-time for his cousin, doing data entry and some office work. My nephew has a pretty new medical billing company and at our party on Monday mentioned he was needing to hire some part-time help. I immediately asked if he could use DS for the summer. And, voila! Sometimes being a helicopter mom can be a good thing

Have a great day, all.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We're in Glenwood getting ready to head to water aerobics. It starts at 730 during the summer. Mom is coming with so I need to get her up shortly. Uneventful day, I hope. I could use a nap.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY day everyone! It has been WAYYY too long -

I let myself get caught up in a lot of drama at home and at work, and ate my way through it from December to May, and back up to 182. Jumped back on Phase 1, and am back to 174. 8 down. The plan is to just lose 5 pounds three more times . . .

Started playing sports again this week, and running tonight. After the half marathon last Fall, I think enrolling in another will help with motivation. GOTTA DO IT!!

Everyone take care, and be well -
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, busy day at work. So hello to all. Holly I too plan on ending the month with a work out. I only need 30 min to reach my goal for the month
Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all! Good to hear from you all.

I've been away all week eating totally off plan and the scale showed a HUGE gain!!!!!!!!! It was emotional eating but I'm back today, coming back here (with tail between legs).

In spite of it all, I showed a 7 pound loss at the Dr's office (In 7 weeks)! Of course I explained that the new foot boot I am wearing and clothing adds pounds and I was more than 5 pounds less than that and she assured me it was all ok.

Heading to WAY upstate NY either tonight or very early tomorrow for DWs college reunion, then stopping by my own alma matter for a visit. Should be fun. And since I don't eat meat on a bone, I won't have to worry about the wings

Back on plan and will check in, even if from my phone! Accountability is a must for me.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

good evening everyone
late checking in it is 10.30 in the evening here now, been a busy busy day packing for our big holiday weekend, had to go to town to get train tickets and DH medications. off to bed now i am exhausted
eileen
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #12  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Stupid time zones! You guys are busy chatting whilst I'm busy sleeping! But I'll add my two cents worth anyway

Waiting for the post to arrive!! I'm waiting for my letter telling me if I've been accepted into my vet nursing course!!!! So I'm just about jumping out of my seat in anticipation!!!!

Day off for me today so just some chores around the house! Trying to eat OP today... Haven't been too good but the scale has still been kind to me so I won't complain!

Have a good sleep chicks
Old 05-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #13  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! Don't think I made it here yesterday so I thought I'd check in before today turns into tomorrow. I tried hemp protein powder this morning in my smoothie. It was, ummm, different. It has potential but I think I need to play around with the ratios a bit to find something more palatable.
DH is starting back in with the roofing project in the morning so it'll be another busy stressful weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed that the rain isn't as bad as they're forecasting.
Closed Thread