New to SBD

• I am just about to start on the SBD for the first time. Over the years I have tried many diets and ended up putting on all the weight I had lost. I am so frustrated - so I have decided to give this a try. My motivation has returned to me - I have got the book from the library and am reading it and I like what I see.

Can anyone give me any hints?

Jenye.

• to The Beach, Jenye!

You are starting off on the right foot by reading the book, so you can gain an understanding of the fundamentals of this plan. Some other suggestions to help you make this work is to plan out your menus for the next week, then make sure your kitchen is stocked with everything you'll need. It helps to try to prepare some meals ahead of time and have them ready in the fridge f
    or those days that you are short on time, too.
    And remember to include legumes and dairy in your diet everyday to help keep you feeling satisfied and stave off the "SBD flu" symptoms that some people experience the first few days on this plan.

You are going to be amazed at how fast all your cravings for starches and sugars will disappear within the first week on this plan, and you should also start noticing a difference in how your clothes fit.

Good luck, and we hope to continue hearing how you're doing!
  • Nice to meet you There is a ton of great information here; be sure to check out the FAQ section and the recipes. My number one tip - planning!