Tuesday May 22 - south beach chat

• Good morning chicks!

I've been up a bit, so I've got my quinoa done and veggies chopped to go in my black bean salad. The problem is is that the black beans are in the downstairs fridge, with 5 anxious noisy cats guarding it, and I'm not ready to let them out and wake the kids up!

Today is my long day - I need to get some exercise in before work too. I had time yesterday, but talked myself out of it because the day was exhausting. That's right, it started out with an attitude problem from DS, and then discovering someone bought 150 bucks worth of gas 5 times in 3 days in the midwest, a weekend I was working. Thank goodness credit card companies are good about it!!

DH made the coffee nice and strong (and only 1/2 caff so I'm not a freak!)...what's in your cup?
  • I'm starting my day with a strong brew of Paul Newman. It seems someone in my household woke up with an attitude problem THIS morning. I'd love to enjoy my coffee on the porch, but it's rainy and too chilly.

Tuesdays are always my long day, too, Tammy, so we'll both be getting home late. I think there are only a couple more weeks of gymnastics left, though, and hopefully next year Audrey can get into an earlier class.

I finally found a six pack of spaghetti squash seedlings and planted 3 of them in the garden last evening in between rain showers. I'll take the remaining 3 with me today to bung in the girls' garden. I don't know why squash plants are so hard to find this year, but at least I'll have zucchini and the spaghetti squash to enjoy.
  • Timmy is in my cup this morning, Twynn - not as good as Paul, of course. Good thing you checked your credit card. I've has someone charge something once on my card and it was quickly resolved.

Had a lovely "me" weekend with just the right balance of work and relaxation. My front porch is now properly set up for afternoon loafing with a cold drink and the two dogs. (We are working on not barking when anybody walks past the house. I don't bark but the four-leggers don't quite get it! )

Moel started to till my veggie garden and hit something metal that stopped his big machine. We have no idea what it was but it would be an interesting sculpture! I'm hoping he'll get it back working later today. In the meantime I've been finding enough to keep me busy out there. This week I will be finishing the remaining Village planters - after a trip to town for more plants - maybe tomorrow.

There is a funeral in the Village this morning which I am going to avoid. I'll spare you all the gory details but Sarah was 32 and basically drank and smoked herself to death leaving a 12 year old daughter with no father in the picture. The family are feuding over who gets custody of poor Tricia and the trust fund that we are setting up. The family is huge and dysfunctional - I would say that 2/3 of them will have "drink taken" by 11 this morning. No doubt there will be a fight at the "lunch".

This afternoon, Jazz and I will do pet therapy at Maple View which is always fun. I don't want the morning to screw that happy time so will do some potting this morning after checking my folks at the Mill. I am putting several herbs in pots on the deck where I can see them from my kitchen window and go out and snip as needed. I think I could use an acre of basil but will keep it to one large pot.

Hope your Tuesday is as good as mine is planned to be.

ETA: Cottage, just slap the attitude person! Thanks for the reminder about spaghetti squash. I'll look for plants here later in the week.
  • I'm baaaaccck!

The trip went well all around. Now the helicopter mom is going to nag the college grad to make a detailed "to do" list in preparation of his official relocating. He is rather a procrastinator, like his dad. There is so much off plan food in the house with both boys home! I will not eat any (more); I will not eat any; I will not eat any...

Yoga today, then grocery shopping for the healthy stuff. And then we go to a big furniture store so my son can "get ideas."

• good morning. I am a half cafe girl too today. A day of nothing exciting planned. Too rainy to work outside. So today I will work out and get household chores done. Going to do a day or two on P1 as I find myself grazing, which is not good. Sitting here planning meals for the week.

Well it's time to give my teenager attitude to get him out of bed. Bus will be here in 10 and he is still ignoring his alarm!
  • Good morning. Nothing special today - sounds like a quiet Tuesday for all of us. Enjoy!
  • Good Morning

We've been scooting around here and now it's time to make smoothies and head out to work. Kirk's DD is having a baby shower bash on Sunday so we need to be thinking about what we're going to do for her.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Morning all:

I haven't visited for a while, hectic work and life lately. I have luckily been staying on plan though. Glad to be back on pace with posting.

I did realize the other day, I hadn't made a menu for dinner for the week and I was lost at what to make for dinner. I won't make that mistake again. It is so much easier for me to stay on plan with a weekly menu.

The count down is on. Only 6 1/2 days left of school for the kids. They of course are letting me know at least 3 times a day. Now we are getting ready for the two girls' dance recital comming June 1st and 2nd, and June
    4th starts Logan's summer swimming!! I am so excited to watch all these activities. My recent revolation is: If watching all of these activities is so fun as a parent, grand-parent hood will be a blast!! (Granted I have a long way to go befor that).

Have a fantastic day everyone.
  • Good morning (it's still morning in the midwest )

Karen- love the picture of you and your DS

Twynn- that sounds like a stressful day for you, I am kinda of obsessive compulsive with checking my credit card online for unlawful activity. I just worry with all that talk about card readers on gas pumps and such.

Myshelle- My DD2 has her dance recital tomorrow hopefully she will break the fever today she has been running since Sunday so she doesn't miss it. Her swimming starts May 28th it will be a fun summer.

to everyone else

Picked up DS car last evening so that is one more thing off my list now we just have ct date for ticket on the 18th of next month.

Have a great day everyone
  • Well, my computer finally allowed me to log on at 12:27pm today. I feel all sorts of frustrated with this piece of.....technology.

Rainy Tuesday here too, just hanging with the dogs this morning. My poor 13 yr. old dog, Scribbles, just had a cancerous lesion frozen and removed by our vet. He's such a good little guy.

Big news yesterday was that my parents missed their flight home. My father left too many odds and ends to the last minute and got to the airport in time to see their plane sitting on the runway ready to take off.
    As my husband says, "He learns slow, and forgets fast!"
    I'll be heading out in a bit to meet them at their condo and welcome them back.

Very sad to hear the news about the young woman that died, [B]Ruth[B]. Hopefully the daughter will not repeat her mother's mistakes. Very tough age to lose your mother, even under the best of circumstances. Sounds like her family isn't going to be the greatest influence in her life.

Well, gotta get a move on. Have a great day all!
  • Karen - what a beautiful picture!