South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat on the Beach - May 19 & 20

Good morning - and it's going to be glorious for our yard and plant sale this morning and the Mad Hatter's Tea Party this afternoon. Finally it's proper spring/summer and the timing is great. Today is our first long weekend of the season and lots of folk are opening up their cottages fro the year and putting the boats in the water.

After breakfast and a shower, I'm off to the Church to price and label some more plants that folks dropped off last evening. (I hope to heck I can figure out the names.) By 11 the rush should be over and I'm hoping for a bit of a break before the Mad Hatters Tea Party at one. I have borrowed two little girls to take to the event - Sarah and Catherine are real "tea-party" types and will just love it. Their mum is in England so I can "grandma" them. I do have a hat - my straw garden hat with a door wreath jammed onto it. It actually looks pretty good!

I'll be glad when 6 P.M. comes today and I can breath again.

Raising my coffee mug to a mostly relaxing weekend for us all!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Weekend SBD Chat for 5/19-5/20

It's a beautiful morning here and a glorious start to what's shaping up to be a glorious weekend! I've already had my coffee on the patio while watching the sunrise, and now we're about to head out for breakfast and some grocery shopping, along with a stop by the plant nursery and a quick check on Mom & Dad before coming home to get ready for a Girl's Only Hot Tub Party at my SIL's.

I hope you all have fun plans for the weekend, and enjoy your day!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-19-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Foiled once again by fast-finger Ruth! Have a good time at the tea party, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Especially with 2 special little girls to share it with!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The sun is out and I'm hoping to finish mowing and get the garden going today. I've got a couple of people coming over to look at some camping equipment I'm selling later this morning. Tonight I'm catching up a with a friend I haven't seen in a couple of months. I'm still trying to find time to get my bike out too. Maybe I'll save the mowing for tomorrow. It's about time we had a sunny weekend around here!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning from Easton, PA. Having a great trip so far. This morning we go to a breakfast for the Electrical and Computer Engineering grads (while our teen sleeps in) and then lunch and graduation itself. Weather is supposed to be nice. My son's house is still a huge mess so I hope he and his roommates made progress last night!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all you chicks!

Ruth - the little girls at the tea party would be perfect. Hope you enjoy, sounds like you have an exciting but busy day!

Cottage - I think I can make it on time for the girls only hot tub party

Cyndi - Don't forget the wine tonight .

It is a beautiful morning, but I am off to work in a bit. Luckily, it looks like my schedule is pretty sparse, but who knows what the day will bring?! We do have several neglect kittens the boss is taking care of, it is a horrid situation and shows you what mental illness can do. I'm trying my best not to get involved!

Otherwise, probable groom my garden a little bit, and maybe get some maters in. MMmmmm, can't wait until we have non-anemic tomatoes!!

Karen - we really must try to get together on one of your trips when you have a bit of extra time!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-19-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!
Karen - you have a Gorgeous Day for graduation! Have a wonderful time! It will be such a special day.
Ruth and Cottage: Enjoy your very differently themed parties today. I love the idea of a mad hatter tea party! Then again, give me a theme, and I'm off and running!
Cindy and Twynn - good luck with the home chores, and find some time for fun in there.
As for me - I'm off to play with blue cake dye. My kitchen is gonna be a mess!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning ladies...Ruth cannot wait to hear how today goes. Perfect day for the plant sale and tea party!! Sounds like everyone has fun filled weekend plans. I am working 16 hours today. Was not planning on staying, but my ex is goingbtontake our son for an overnight tomorrow (finally some alone time for me). Now it will be a weekend at dad's which is a good thing as they have not been spending any time together.

Tomorrow I am taking my bike out for a spin, housework, shopping etc. Having dinner with a friend then we are going to the movies. Monday I'll work in the garden. Tuesday relax then back to work Wednesday.

Have a great day
Old 05-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I got all of the laundry done last night and well as a few chores so just have to finish up today. It is supposed to be very sunny today so I am going to try and enjoy outdoor stuff.

Tonight taking DD2 to a going away party for a schoolmate of hers and that is about all on my agenda.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Ruth - what could be more perfect than a tea party with two little girls

Cottage - sounds like a fun time for your today too

Cyndi - sometimes you just have to do things at the spur of the moment.

Karen - congratulations to you and your son.

Twynn - garden tomatoes are the best.

Cat - blue cake dye?

Jek - you have your plan all set for the weekend.

Pearl - enjoy your time outdoors.

me - planning a lunch on the deck this afternoon, some gardening and tomorrow a nice long trail hike.

take care
Sophie
Old 05-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning from Homer, Alaska! We're sitting on the small commuter flight which will take us to Anchorage. It's an hour and is usually pretty bumpy. We got lots accomplshed and had some fun, too, but I'm looking forward to some warmer weather. My 25 years here was great but I'm looking forward to getting home and resuming my routine. We'll get back late tonight and drive to Glenwood tomorrow to drop Leroy off and pick up the Bingster. Back home for work on Monday.

I look forward to being back in the loop!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
Just got back from my first "Couch to 5K" running session, which I'm embarrassed to admit I could not complete (couldn't do the last running segment). However, this is a concrete goal for the summer for me. I thought I was in pretty good shape, I guess not!! My food has sucked lately. Trying to focus...it's a really beautiful day here. There's a lunch at church, then we're going out with friends tonight which should be fun. Hope everyone has a great one.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Mmckellen don't beat yourself about your run today. Focus on the positive, you were working towards your goal! Each time out you will be able to accomplish more.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #14  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

I'm going horse riding today!! I'm so excited!! I don't really know how to ride but I love horses. Goal for today: stay on! It's a long way to fall haha.

Been very naughty this weekend food wise. Here's hoping I smarten my act up today!

Sounds like everyone has a lovely weekend planned - enjoy!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chatterbox, I've been more than naughty with my food this past week or two - I have been DECADENT and EVIL! Today that stops.

I have decided to skip Church and just relax a bit today. If it weren't for wanting to go to the garden, I'd stay in my nightie! That would pretty much guarantee drop-in company though and I really want a day by myself with the dogs.

The Yard and Plant Sale went very well yesterday and the Mad Hatters Tea Party was delightful! Sara and Katherine are extremely well mannered little girls - their mother has done a great job. They have no Grandma so I think I may have moved into that role. (My grands are now teens or older and it'll be a long wait for great grands.)

The loons have flown over, the dogs are fed and pottied and it's time to take a coffee out onto the deck and plan my relaxing day. I hope yours is as good as mine is planned to be!
Closed Thread