South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, May 10

Good morning. Wee Jazz was suffering separation anxiety and puppy-cried me awake at 5. He really, REALLY would like to sleep with me but two dogs on the bed is a bit much. It just would not be fair to leave dear Disney alone downstairs after over three years of his companionship.

For some reason, yesterday sort of fell apart - one of those days when I felt I accomplished nothing! I did spend some time at the Mill observing the mouse cleanup and the bolter repair and dealt with a few phone calls but it seems I just frittered away the rest of the time. Today HAS to be better or I'll really be regretting it next week when I will be in overdrive.

After coffee, I'm going to get into my gardening duds and hit the big outdoors. Moel came down last evening and fixed my garden cart. He is going to till for me as soon as it dries up more. We also discovered a new weed that seems to have appeared in the garlic bed, probably from a load of manure. I must get out my Weeds of Ontario book and check it out. One of these days, I'll get around to using my camera and posting pics for opinions. (Sometimes my latent Luddite streak comes to the fore.)

Later today, after Donna shows up to clean, I'm off to Brockville to visit the new Fabricland. Doesn't take much to make me excited! First though, I need to get some gardens stuff done and tidy the house for Donna. It has to be a thumb on the bum kind of day to get me out of this slump!

Better stop talking about it and get on with it. Just remembered it's Trash Day so really need to get going!

Come and chat and sip a bit if you have time.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth! I have a pot of GMCR's Dark Magic here (we want to help the founder buy another 164-foot yacht I guess, lol)

Yesterday was my first day back at the summer job I love, YAY. It was a short day, just brought in my stuff and got it organized. Today I'll do some real prep work there for next week's opening...muffin batters, granola, pie crusts.

Got home in time yesterday to cut the grass and got a few pansies potted, before the black flies and rain drove me in

And had a MUCH MORE on-program day yesterday!! woohoo!!

HI to everyone and have a great day! *oh and Ruth, you do SO MUCH every other day, you deserve a 'Fritter Day'

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-10-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm just working my way through the list of things to do before hitting the road for NY and a long weekend with my Mom (and Dad ) Can't believe it rained again overnight. No wonder I can never get in the garden!

Ruth - Sounds like a perfect day today. Sometimes we all need a day to recharge.

Holly - Sounds like everything in your life is getting back on just the right track I'm hooked on the Vermont Coffee Company coffee, especially when I have the motivation to grind beans in the morning.

Lots to do before hitting the road at 8:30 (whose dumb idea was that?! oops ). Hope your Thursday is a breeze

ETA - and for those who ask about breakfast because they are sick of eggs - I'm roasting asparagus and salmon. They need to be used before I go so why not

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-10-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chatty chicks!

Ruth - hope things go more like you planned than yesterday, but still sounds like you got a lot done! I'd let the cats sleep with me, but the DH says NO! (and to the dog as well) Do you think 5 cats in bed would be too much?

Holly - Mmmmm, wow, you'd have to do SBD to survive the summer at that job!

Cyndi - good luck on your job interview (is that today?) and have fun working for your friend. I am having fun watching a boy and girl bluebird frantically chase each other thru the apple tree. He sure is handsome! (I really don't know what kind of bird it is though )

I'm having my quiet before the storm. I'm bringing lunch for the techs today, which includes Chick-fil-A nuggets, spinach salad, tater tot cass, watermelon, and cheesecake. Shhhhhhh, some of it is good for them! Otherwise, I work until 7 pm tonight, then come home for a glass of wine!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-10-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ruth, Holly, and Cyndi!

Ruth, must I remind you that you are RETIRED and there's not a thing wrong with frittering away the day? I bet you still accomplished a lot more than most of us did. Enjoy your morning of gardening and your afternoon at Fabricland.

Holly, there's Newman's in my cup this morning, so we're making 2 people rich. I'm happy to hear you had a good OP day yesterday.

Cyndi, you have the makings for one of my favorite omelettes. That's what I always order for breakfast at my favorite restaurant in Cape May, along with cream cheese and tomatoes. Have a safe trip and and a nice weekend with Mom & Dad.

It's sunny here for my last day of the work week, and it's looking to be a pretty good day. I'm heading straight to school for Maggie's Spring Concert first, where Susie & Ramsay will be joining me. (Cindy went to the preview on Tuesday). Afterwards I want to breeze through the Book Fair before heading back to the farm. Cindy will be gone all day and I don't have much to do, but I may get some weeding done if the mood strikes. After school the girls have Pony Club, and I can just drop them off and head on home.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy! You snuck in there while I was posting! Your "lunch" sounds like a feast!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good blurry-eyed morning. I might need a nap before I go to yoga this morning! I work the evening shift tonight. With my manager, who scares me just a bit. Okay, scares isn't the right word. But I don't think I'll be as relaxed as I would working that same shift with anyone else. I did not have good dreams about it last night

Off for some tea now... BBL
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, for one reason I had difficulty accessing the message board. Must be from all the chit chat ��

Cyndi have a safe trip to NY. Raining in the Empire State, but supposed to clear up and be nice for the weekend.

Back to work. I did make another SB recipe from the Supercharged book. Chicken breast stuffed with feta, garlic, sun dried tomatoes and basil. Was amazing!!

Have a great day all
Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth - have fun checking out Fabricland. Hope there are some good opening sales.

Holly - its so nice that you are doing what you love to do.

Cottage - DH and I are thinking of going to Cape May in June.

Cyndi - salmon and asparagus is yummy. Enjoy your trip.

Karen - don't be nervous, she's human too and makes mistakes.

Jekel - that sounds like one good recipe, I remember having something like that is a very expensive restaurant.

Twynn - enjoy your lunch and cheesecake

me - another day. Yesterday was a not a good SB day and it was a cheat that wasn't even worthwhile. Well, pick myself up and start a new day, right.
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 05-10-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

from a new time zone....4 hours earlier than East Coast! We made it last night and it was pouring rain. Today is sunny so things are looking up. We have some very basic needs to take care of today and internet is slow. Just wanted to say hello.

Cyndi, safe travels!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #11  

Welcome to the East Coast Debbie, we hope you enjoy your visit. Thank you for bringing the sun from Colordo
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Um ... I think Debbie is in Alaska but I could be wrong. (Been married twice.)

I am definitely in wet and cold Delta, not Alaska or the East Coast, and am about to make some tea and get the stove going in the back room to take off the chill. Donna came and cleaned while I was in town and it's wonderful to come home to the smell of furniture polish that I did not apply myself! I'm so glad I can just cozy in tonight. I did buy some herb plants since my herb garden succumbed to the weird winter but they can stay in the car overnight.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #13  

Oh brother so Cyndi is in NY and Debbie is in Alaska! Maybe I should take ginkgo biloba lol. I found the seran wrap in the fridge this week. Thanks Ruth
Old 05-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Don't feel badly, Jekel. I was out for lunch today (a buffet) and forgot who I was sitting with or where we were sitting!
Closed Thread