South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Thursday Beach Chat - April 26

Good morning Beachers I'm just starting my pot of extra dark Vermont Coffee Company front porch blend. Anyone want a cup?

More of the same today - job search, paperwork (I so need a tax expert, what a mess!), house organizing, and exhibit prep. Also making a trip into town for some stuff.

How is your day shaping up?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning Cyndi! An extra bold cup sounds perfect, thanks. Sounds like you're going to have a busy day. Any luck with the job search?

Today is busy for me as well. Get the kiddos on the bus, help with a pastor appreciation breakfast, then work 9-7, then a fun women's group tonight, if I'm up to it. Right now, I'm feeling quite tired, maybe it's that awesome run I had in the mountains yesterday?

But for right now, I have a purring (but hungry) kitten on my lap while I drink my cup o' coffee, before the craziness begins!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, Cyndi and Tammy. It's so nice to have the coffee already made.

Trash Day in the Village today so I need to scurry around and get it to the road. I have a bag out there already - debris picked up around the Village. Last week was Pitch-In Week but then we had the Maple Syrup Festival on the weekend. Lots of people seem unsure of the purpose of the big Township garbage bins so we had to do another clean-up yesterday afternoon.

No gardening on the list today as it's very soggy out there after six days of rain. We get more today and tomorrow and then Saturday will be sunny for Susan's wedding. There will be a HIGH of 48F that afternoon - I may wear a long skirt with long johns underneath for this outdoor event! Can you tell I'm not keen about this?

Nothing on the schedule today except some Mill accounting stuff and a Birthday Dinner tonight for my young friend Jack. He is Claire's grandson but has me as an extra grandma for the past ten years or so. He used to measure his height by where he came on me - below the boobs, at the shoulder, same height - but now I am shorter than HIS shoulder and he's only 13!

Coffee is finished (Vanilla Biscotti) so I'll trudge out to the road with the bag. It's pretty sad when trash pick-up is the major event of the morning! I may need to go down to the Diner later for some more excitement.

Happy Thursday, EveryChick.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Extra bold is my favorite way to start the day. Thanks, Cyndi. And I'd especially enjoy it while sitting on your front porch with you. I hope you can muddle your way through tax stuff so you can say good riddance to it.

Sounds like a full day for you, too, Twynn. It must be nice to start it with a cuddly kitten in your lap, though.

I have a meeting with a sales representative at Cindy's this morning, and he wants to show me how to set up a website for their products. It should be interesting, as long as he doesn't try his salespitch on me. I can order whatever I need through Cindy's account. If the rain holds off, the girls have riding lessons after school, and I can scoot on home early and start my weekend.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Coffee and warm kitties on laps sounds like a nice start We have bright sunshine here but it is 32 degrees, brrr.

CyndiM, best wishes on the job search and everything else you have on your list today

Twynn, wow you have things to do well before your 'work' day begins!

I have had days and days off, which flew by. Now, one more week at the bleh winter job...then onto the fun one! I am slightly looking forward to going to work today, as I have a birthday gift for the boss' wife that I hope she likes..my husband works for a yarn business and picked out a Grab Bag for me to give her http://www.discontinuedbrandnameyarn...ducts_id=31405 I hope it's one of those times that a gift is a total surprise and totally wanted!

Hope everyone has a great day. HI to the ladies that I dont seem to ever personally address here!

*edited to add good morning to Cottage and Ruth!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-26-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruthie! I hope you get your trash lugged out to the curb on time. It's amazing how much extra trash we have since the kids moved in with us. Jake grumbles every week about it. Have a good time with your Grandma duties at Jack's party this evening!

Holly, sounds like a fun gift! 32*!!!! Brrrrrrrr!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #7  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Morning ladies! I too am starting my day wih coffee ; hot ff milk with Starbucks caramel Via. Delicious.
Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead! I am currently sitting in my boyfriends car waiting for work at 9:00... we are sharing a car and it's not pretty. We have no other option as of right now though. I started up on phase 1 yesterday ... 24 days until my brother's wedding- not so thrilled.
My goal today is to put together my elliptical finally... this is the first day I will have time at home to do so! I hope everyones day shapes up well!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #8  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Hi there, Cyndi and Tammy. It's so nice to have the coffee already made.

Trash Day in the Village today so I need to scurry around and get it to the road. I have a bag out there already - debris picked up around the Village. Last week was Pitch-In Week but then we had the Maple Syrup Festival on the weekend. Lots of people seem unsure of the purpose of the big Township garbage bins so we had to do another clean-up yesterday afternoon.
roadside trash is so ugly!! and just unbelievable that people are so uncaring about littering. In Vermont we have had Green-Up Day for decades, people go out and pick up roadside litter and the State provides bags. Do you have bottle return in Canada? When my husband and i were in AZ January, I thought I was seeing fantastic glitter from mica or quartz along the road...turns out they were smashed glass bottles
Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

You are all a chatty bunch this morning! Thanks for getting us started, Cyndi!

I've read everyones' posts but need to get running here! I slept a little extra since I stayed up last night to watch basketball...then couldn't resist watching Survivor, too, which I had taped. I had must do paperwork, which is finished....now I need another cup of my organic rainforest blend (light roast-more caffeine), before heading to work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Yoga again for me this morning then errands then I work this afternoon. Funny how even with a job I still never remember what day it is!

Happy Thursday!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #11  

Good morning! I hope you ladies don't mind me joining in.

My name is Theresa and I'm on P1 Day 3. I had previously done South Beach in 2004 with success, but then went off of it. Since then I have done WW for several years, but was struggling with it lately and decided to go back to the Beach. I'm getting married in 1 year and 1 day and am hoping that by following this program I can get myself healthier.

This morning is dreary, but I finished breakfast and am sipping my coffee now. I've got a good menu planned for the day and am feeling really confident and excited about SBD. I haven't had any weird symptoms or feelings that I can attribute to my way of eating, so I'm counting that as a win!

I've got to get working so I can't reply to everyone, but I just wanted to introduce myself! Have a great day everyone
Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Did you find a variety without added sugar? I had the caramel Via in hand one day but then realized it was loaded with added sugar. Might have to go searching for one without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellissa View Post
Morning ladies! I too am starting my day wih coffee ; hot ff milk with Starbucks caramel Via. Delicious.
Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead! I am currently sitting in my boyfriends car waiting for work at 9:00... we are sharing a car and it's not pretty. We have no other option as of right now though. I started up on phase 1 yesterday ... 24 days until my brother's wedding- not so thrilled.
My goal today is to put together my elliptical finally... this is the first day I will have time at home to do so! I hope everyones day shapes up well!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Theresa. So nice to see a new "face" in the Daily Chat. There is also the .... whoops! just say that you have found the On Plan thread.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning ladies and welcome Theresa, I am a newbie too...P2 week 1. very lively group with a lot of positive energy.

first cup of coffee was long gone by 5:30 on my way to work. time to make a second cup. I've been switching out my first cup of the day for decaf, so far my body has not realized the change when I am off. However, work days is an entirely different story!

work days begin at 0345 hme around 7 pm depending on traffic. by the time I get settled and pack my food for the next day, it's time for bed. lol I am such a wild woman!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Cyndi - hope you get those taxes straightened out. I owe.

Twynn - enjoy your coffee before your crazies begin.

Ruth - going to a teen's party keeps you young.

Cottage - it must be fun ordering something on someone elses account.

Holly - looks like there are some nice yarns in that grab bag.

Bellissa - hope you make your goad today.

Debbie - was it worth staying up late.

Karen - sometimes not remembering what day it is makes the week go by quicker.

Theresa - welcome. You know how great SB is.

Jekel - you wild woman. Have a great day.

me - soup making on the agenda. Does anyone know how to get rid of bindweed in the garden. I have been try for a few years no.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread