South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, March 8

Good morning. My new wake-up time seems to be 5:30 these days, just as it starts to get less dark - charcoal instead of coal black. I guess my body is getting organized for the time change this weekend.

We had a gloriously warm day yesterday and lots of the snow has gone. There is still a good 6" on top of my raised bed out back which I may shovel off to speed things up a bit. The Flood is just starting in the dogyard - Disney is very careful to avoid it but we are heading into "muddy paw" season for sure. Warm rain today will contribute.

I'm meeting the gang for breakfast at the Diner this morning. (They still ask about you Linda and Vic sends his love! ) Then I have nothing else official on the schedule! I definitely must take down the rest of the outside decorations - they really don't look great with the pu$$ywillow wreath on the side door. Some deskwork, quilting and cooking will round out the day. I love easy days and got a tad addicted to them when I was recovering from my cold.

So how does your day look? I hope it's balanced.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I wish I could meet you at the diner one morning, it sounds like great fun. Hope you enjoy your "easy" day. (BTW - since my mom is recently widowed, she rarely has a spare moment with all her comings and goings...reminds me of you!)

Yesterday was actually a great on plan day, since the day before I derailed pretty badly (I think I didn't eat enough for lunch and then a rep dropped off those pb pretzel thingees....). And I got my run in!! Me and half the town decided it would be great to go on Mt. Nittany. There were more people than I'm used to, but since the parking lot is tiny, it still wasn't bad. The pup was ecstatic!

Today is a lonnng work day. I am so looking forward to my weekend off. No travelling, no working!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

My day is looking pretty "balanced". I'm getting my work done early then we'll head to the pool, recycling and then back home to catch up. DH went back to bed for an hour so I'd better get going here.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, dear old Vic! Doesn't the poor guy have anyone else who will sit and listen to him talk on. And on. And on. At least I was polite and did my good deed for the day, with the added bonus of keeping you, Doreen, and Donna amused. Tell them all I said "hi"!

It's a good thing we don't have any snow around here, or we'd really be flooding with it going all the way up to 70* today! All thoughts are on gardening, and I plan to turn over the soil on my beds this weekend, and maybe see about planting some spinach and other greens. I'm starting to see my patch of rhubarb peeking throught the soil, too.

I'll have to find something to keep me busy until it's time to pick up the girls, then I have to take them to Staples for new binders. Their old ones just aren't going to make it to the end of the school year. So that's our excitement for the day.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Twynn and Debbie!

Twynn, Cindy keeps those PB pretzel thingys on hand and it's all I can do to stay out of them! You can't just eat one. Too bad you have a long work day on such a gorgeous day today.

Debbie, enjoy your "balanced" day!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Fly by this morning, DW is off to work in a few so lots to do.
Ruth - our cat definitely thinks daylight = feeding time and was very vocal about it this morning. So glad we are changing the clocks this weekend!

Did someone mention PB pretzels?! I used to love those things. Even if they are WW I could never portion control them unless a bag is one serving

It's a 4 hour shift for DW so lots of running around for me this morning. I'll pop back in later this afternoon. If you are experiencing the same spring weather we are, hope you get out to enjoy it. I plan to!

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-08-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth, Twynn, Linda, Debbie and Cyndi

Yes, we had 50's temps and sun yesterday, alot of snow on the deck melted, I am also going to try to shovel out the front of the garage where our motorcycles are stored, to facilitate getting them out Then we might get a dusting to 3" of snow overnight and temps back to the 30's tomorrow.

I got a new exercise dvd, Jackie Warner. I'm afraid to try it I've heard she is tough. So, I will do one of my established workouts, then try to do the new one, so I don't get discouraged if I'm a clutz at it at first.

Hello to everyone else and hope you have a great day.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1.5"

Ruth enjoy your easy day, and Debbie, enjoy the pool! I was just telling my husband I want to find some hot springs on our next road trip.

I love those peanut butter pretzels, I love anything with peanut butter. I can't control myself with peanut butter at all! Last night I made a peanut dipping sauce for some crispy tofu that was really good and I got my peanut butter fix that way. I only made one serving, so I couldn't have overdone it if I'd tried. Maybe I'll have it again today.

I am so sore from my little run yesterday it's unbelievable!! lol Not a bad feeling, though.

Have a busy day planned; going to the state capital to pick up a copy of my birth certificate, then a haircut with my daughter, shopping, and hopefully squeezing in a little work at some point. Leaving on Sunday and I still have so much to do!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmm....we need to stop talking about Peanut butter!! Mmmmm....
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - I often wake up around then too and am looking forward to the time change so I can "sleep later."

Twynn - I had a good eating day after a horrible one too! Amazing how much better I feel.

Debbie - Here's to balance

Linda and Cyndi - Enjoy the beautiful weather.

Holly - I bet you kick Jackie's butt!

Tater - Where are you going? I must have missed that or, given my horrible memory, read it and immediately forgot it.

Peanut butter - sigh. I threw away my last jar over a year and a half ago; I was having major control problems. I don't even miss it anymore. Hubby has it again in the house and I'm not tempted. Now as for bread, crackers, or cereal...

Yesterday was a roller-coaster of bad and good news. I'm waiting to tell you about the latter because I don't want to jinx myself. Today I have the house to myself for several hours because DH got free tickets to the basketball tournament. I need a nap; I haven't slept well for the past two nights. I have to get to the store this morning because my closest grocery didn't have the chickpeas I need for that "tuna" salad and I want it for lunch. No chickpeas?!

Happy Thursday!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #11  

Height: 5'1.5"

Karen, I am going on a cruise with a friend and her family. We've never traveled together before so I'm a little nervous--also I will miss my husband; this is the longest we'll have been apart in almost 15 years. So I'm having some mixed feelings! I'm sure everything will be fine, though.

I hope you can have a relaxing day at home--sometimes having the house to myself is just what I need.

Last edited by MissusTaterHead; 03-08-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #12  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone - quick one again today as I'm finishing up a day & a half conference (do I burn calories trying to keep my eyelids open?) Now I have to pop into work for a few hours. Finished up Phase 1 yesterday with a 7 lb loss!!! so even work or boring conferences can't ruin my mood today
Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!

Last edited by Kelly J; 03-08-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Mmmm peanut butter pretzles..... SIGH.

Day 4, woke up with a good headache. Also TOM Day 1. I'm doing surprisingly well.... cravings are minimal. More like I really WANT *insert naughty food here* rather than I'm going to die if I don't eat it. Going to try baking an almond ricotta cheesecake single-serving thingy tonight, we'll see how I do with that.

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL day!!!!

Lisa
Closed Thread