3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   I wanna...... but I won't (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/252882-i-wanna-but-i-wont.html)

Enit2winit 02-16-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthLake (Post 4218796)
Ugh. right now there is a delicious food truck with amazing short rib tacos parked outside my office. parked next to a gourmet ice cream truck. No fair!

But, I had my lunch, I'm chewing some gum, and surprisingly, my inner 4 year old is relatively tantrum free today. One more day, one more choice closer to goal.

:hug:...I love that part!!!! We can do this!!!

Enit2winit 02-16-2012 11:55 PM

Its midnight and I just had a "moment".... a craving for sweets nearly unravelled my day. Thank God for protein balls. Yum.... The day is saved! and if it rears its ugly head again, I have a SF jello right next to me with which I'll knock it out!!

smarkey 02-17-2012 12:26 AM

And nights are HARD. I had to spend this evening grocery shopping and hadn't eaten much today. Bad move, but I made it through -- even in Trader Joe's! Found a little tin of dark chocolate nibs -- just a few took off the edge until I could get home to a salad.

Feeling much better now.

Where is the protein ball recipe??

124chicksinger 02-17-2012 02:18 AM

Donuts and bagels at work today, 2 floors down. The way the news spread, you'd think a celebrity had arrived! The gal next to me, who had just consumed egg, ham, croissant----went and came back with a bagel with cream cheese AND A SUGAR POWDERED CREAM DONUT. She ate the bagel and saved the donut for the afternoon. She asks me around 3pm if I have a plastic knife handy b/c she wants to eat half the donut. I had to laugh. She also ate 1/2 of a sub sandwich for lunch. She isn't huge, but she is overweight and goes to the gym but refuses to eat better. I'll never understand it. I'm so thankful, THANKFUL, that I had the sense enough to not go visit the food and bring some back with me. The idea of all the starchy/greasy food she ate between 9 and 3 is nauseating to me.

Enit2winit 02-17-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarkey (Post 4219256)
And nights are HARD. I had to spend this evening grocery shopping and hadn't eaten much today. Bad move, but I made it through -- even in Trader Joe's! Found a little tin of dark chocolate nibs -- just a few took off the edge until I could get home to a salad.

Feeling much better now.

Where is the protein ball recipe??

Hey Smarkey
I am not allowed to post links yet so I can't post the recipe. If you go to the on the thread link, zeffryn has one posted o the first page. I also you tube'd it and found variations. The great thing is you can make your own to your taste. It's a real crave killer!!:carrot:

TwynnB 02-17-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 124chicksinger (Post 4219275)
Donuts and bagels at work today, 2 floors down. The way the news spread, you'd think a celebrity had arrived! The gal next to me, who had just consumed egg, ham, croissant----went and came back with a bagel with cream cheese AND A SUGAR POWDERED CREAM DONUT. She ate the bagel and saved the donut for the afternoon. She asks me around 3pm if I have a plastic knife handy b/c she wants to eat half the donut. I had to laugh. She also ate 1/2 of a sub sandwich for lunch. She isn't huge, but she is overweight and goes to the gym but refuses to eat better. I'll never understand it. I'm so thankful, THANKFUL, that I had the sense enough to not go visit the food and bring some back with me. The idea of all the starchy/greasy food she ate between 9 and 3 is nauseating to me.

WOW! Great for you!!

I was just thinking, and it probably isn't PC to say this, but I almost feel bad for people who won't take control of their eating (and therefore part of their life). DOn't get me wrong, I know how hard it is, but changes are possible. I was esp. thinking of my neighbors...the husband gently pokes fun of me for exercising (running?! You have got to be kidding me!) and eating veggies. The wife especially is probably considered morbidly obese, and can't walk to our house without being winded.

I am so grateful I found this way of eating to let me be a better person.

smarkey 02-17-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwynnB (Post 4219433)
WOW! Great for you!!

I was esp. thinking of my neighbors...the husband gently pokes fun of me for exercising (running?! You have got to be kidding me!) and eating veggies. The wife especially is probably considered morbidly obese, and can't walk to our house without being winded.

I am so grateful I found this way of eating to let me be a better person.

Sounds like your neighbors are jealous and feeling guilty.

I grew up with a mom who dieted constantly and was ridiculed for every step she took to loosing weight and improving her health. Of course, she failed. When I started on South Beach, I sat down with my family, explained what I was doing, and asked to be left in peace to do what I needed to do. They've been very supportive.

It is difficult to make changes, but it can be done. I really feel sad when I see an overweight person huffing on a bike or a walk or a run and hear my physically fit friends turn to ridicule and superiority. That overweight person is trying, for pete's sake.

Those sorts of attitudes, unfortunately, are what often shut people down. Growing up with that kept me from even trying to improve for way too long a time.

Enit2winit 02-17-2012 04:25 PM

I wanna inhale 2 slices of wheat toast n butter... But I won't cuz just 9 days in SBD n I've lost 6.8lbs!!!!!!!

jenne1017 02-18-2012 08:24 PM

I want the Cadbury Creme Eggs DW is eating right now...but I don't wanna because it will set me into a downhill spiral that I am not willing to take!

smarkey 02-18-2012 11:42 PM

I want my daughter's home-baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Settled for a little bit of dark chocolate instead. I still want those cookies, but I won't. My clothes are loose, so I won't. It won't be long before I get to shop for clothes the next size down. So I won't!!

Sactolady 02-18-2012 11:51 PM

Its hard for me to avoid foods at work. I work with preschoolers and have to feed them breakfast, lunch and a snack. I used to nibble the left-overs, but I've been SOOOOO good last week. Not one animal cracker, not one slice of pizza, not a single nibble of rice and chicken. It isn't easy, but I have to do what I have to do.

TwynnB 02-19-2012 07:21 AM

Wow, Sactolady, that's a tough one, congrats!! (and congrats to everyone else too!)

I had posted in the daily thread...I was at a work clinic, where there was a TON of bad foods, and I did not touch it!!

Enit2winit 02-19-2012 03:36 PM

A big "you go girl!!!!" to all of us!!!!!!!

Enit2winit 02-19-2012 04:39 PM

I never thought I'd see the day when I would sell my third kidney for a handful of grapes.... Man! 3 days left, don't know if I can do this much longer! ;( ;(

smarkey 02-20-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enit2winit (Post 4222194)
I never thought I'd see the day when I would sell my third kidney for a handful of grapes.... Man! 3 days left, don't know if I can do this much longer! ;( ;(

Keep going!! Fruit is going to taste so wildly good - it's become my sweet treat in Phase 1.5 -2 (somewhere in there). Well worth the wait and you gain a whole new appreciation for some of the foods you haven't been able to eat. Keep Going!!