3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   guilty as charged!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/247544-guilty-charged.html)

jandaman 11-23-2011 05:46 AM

guilty as charged!!!

dear chicas!

I am not sure how many of you may recognize me..i have been an inconsistent member/lurker for a couple of years now-achieving amazing results and reverting back to my old unhealthy habits lickety split...rinse, lather, repeat; :)
leaving me at my all-time heaviest right now. I am an emotional eater: eating for comfort, to make all those feelings go away whether they be positive, negative or bleh.
I now realize I never managed to make south beach&healthy habits into a WAY OF LIFE and not just means to an end. I was in denial so long but I now see:
I am a yo-yo dieter! yeeks! that hurt to admit. I am the biggest girl in my
family/circle of friends and I am the expert on nutrition, healthy diet and fitness!!! educated up to the wazoo and no follow through???
Thanks so much for bearing with me duting this rant so far: long story short---back on the beach and HOPING, no ASPIRING to transform my life and me..donno which order;)

looking forward to being and STAYING accountable alongside you inspirational chicas

janet

cottagebythesea 11-23-2011 06:16 AM

You are welcomed back with open arms, Janet, and we're happy you've found your way back. :)

chickadeee55 11-23-2011 06:36 AM

Janet, welcome. I think we have all been there Yo Yo wise.

We know that we don't need all the bad carbs, and we know they aren't good for us, but we go back to them. I watch my DH eat, and now mention to him, you have bread, french fries, and a bun in your meal, do you realize that. Now, he is actually watching it too, resturants make it too easy to eat the bad stuff.

You will find support here, it is a great place - as you know.

CyndiM 11-23-2011 06:46 AM

Hey Janet - Welcome back!
That was my story before I got here when I was 46 :eek: Now I just catch myself before I slide too far. You can do this!

WaistingTime 11-23-2011 07:06 AM

Welcome back. I'm a yo-yo dieter myself and hoping SBD is what changes it for me once and for all.

jandaman 11-23-2011 12:12 PM

dankeschön ladies! incorporating exercise I actually enjoy seems to be helping...plus I've got a gym 'n' swim buddy! does wonders for the motivation but I've gotta get there on my own as well.

Schmoodle 11-23-2011 02:42 PM

Hi Jandaman and welcome back! I am recently returned to the beach myself. Same sad story, I'm afraid. Come join me over here on the towel of shame. I think we have to earn back our cabana boys. I'm sure Ruthie has been keeping an eye on them for us.

ultimatebea 11-23-2011 04:34 PM

CABANA BOYS - rofl!!

jenne1017 11-23-2011 10:41 PM

:welcome: back!

jandaman 11-24-2011 04:03 AM

woo-wee! trot out those cabana boys ;)

Xan 11-24-2011 12:41 PM

I love the Towel of Shame!!! As my title says, I'm a serial rejoiner. I'm back again for another try. I get the 'it's a lifestyle" bit -- it's taken years, but I do get it now. I just can't handle the time-consuming aspect to eating only homemade foods -- no processed foods. But I'm working on it!

Welcome back, Janet, and may this time be The One.