3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Peanut butter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/247204-peanut-butter.html)

LKelly84 11-16-2011 02:19 PM

Peanut butter

I just found out peanut butter is phase one approved! i ran into the kitchen and grabbed a teaspoon of it lol i just licked it off of the spoon I'm in heaven! So, what can i do with this now? lol

Ruthxxx 11-16-2011 02:58 PM

It's approved if it has no sugar or other crud added. Check the ingredients.

And :welcome: to The Beach!

jerseygiiirl 11-16-2011 05:16 PM

Natural peanut butter!! No sugar or trans fat

rdw1 11-16-2011 07:59 PM

And be careful! It is sooo easy for me to overindulge in the stuff!!! :)

LKelly84 11-16-2011 08:55 PM

oh no, is this bad? its skippy, 3grams of sugar in 2 tablespoons, i had one teaspoon. it better not show up on the scale in the morning. ill leave the rest for my husband.

hatgirlie 11-16-2011 09:49 PM

There are definitely better choices than Skippy. Like the rest said, always read ingredients. There are peanut butters out there with no sugar. You can buy peanut butter with just peanuts and salt...and some with peanuts, salt and oil...and without salt. Skip the sugar. Skip the Skippy! :) Also, almond butter is quite good! Good luck. :)

TwynnB 11-17-2011 05:55 AM

Mmmmm....little peanut butter with some softened cream cheese, and a sprinkle of stevia.....whip it up....oh, what a delicious and filling dessert!

pinkcandiez 12-05-2011 02:57 PM

I generally get the Kraft Natural Peanut Butter. I find the ones with oil and salt don't taste as good and are generally too salty. I finish natural has just the right amount of sweetness :) But yeah, skip that one! Or go for almond butter! It is SO good !

spixiet 12-05-2011 04:51 PM

Not a south beacher right now, but I used to love a little natural peanut butter mixed in with plain greek yogurt and a bit of sweetner. My roommate looked at me like I had gone crazy when I was mixing it up, but after tasting it, she was a convert too :) Once in phase 2, you can use it as a dip for apple slices, and it makes the peanut butter taste last soooo much longer for just a teaspoon or so -

shelflife 12-05-2011 06:23 PM

Adam's natural PB is AWESOME

jenne1017 12-06-2011 08:56 AM

Smucker's makes a natural PB too. I like to grind it myself at Whole Foods :)

HeatherTX 12-06-2011 10:18 AM

The ground PB at whole foods is so good!

CyndiM 12-06-2011 10:27 AM

Crunchy PB is my weakness. I love Teddie extra crunchy. Bonus is the price, it's very inexpensive and I can usually get it at Job Lots. I started buying it during the peanut salmonella scare a few years ago. Even my beloved organic peanuts were processed in the same factories so were off the shelf. Apparently Teddie is the only small producer around and they were just about all you could get around here. Now I'm hooked.