Being sick and eating bad??

• So I cheated last night, ugh. I have a cold that came on so fast. Why do I want to eat bad when I'm sick? Anyone else do that?
  • Comfort? I tend to do that when I'm sick. I just want all sorts of naughty stuff to eat! I "justify" it by telling myself that I'll get back on track when I'm not feeling so ill.
  • Yes, I agree. Comfort. I've found that if I make a nice, hearty soup or casserole that's SBD friendly, it really helps me stay on track, though.
  • Yes, I crave breads when I'm sick. If it's a tummy sick (I must have some kind of mild IBD), I eat it...it's the only thing that isn't revolting to me then.

Cold wise? Soups....mmmmm....
  • When I'm sick I go completely towards the "I want my Mommy" comfort thing. I'm 33 years old. lol I still want my Mommy though. She will go to the store and get me my comfort foods. Funny thing is I have not been sick since starting SB. It must have boosted my immune system or something. Now watch, I've probably jinxed myself & now I'll be sick before I know it.

So I have a plan, when I do get sick and Mom wants to go to the store for me. I'll ask her to make me some home made bean soup, vegetable soup or brunswick stew instead.