South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 03:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat - 2 November

Good morning, ladies. Thank you so much for your kind words yesterday. It's nice to know that I'm missed. I believe there is a direct correlation between my slack posting here and my lax dieting recently, so I'm going to try to be here more often. You ladies are all such an inspiration and being around you guys really helps me stay on the straight and narrow. So thank you, ladies, for being my inspiration.

I'm trying to get pictures from yesterday uploaded to show you guys but my e-mail is being stupid for some reason. GRR!!! I'll try it again when I get home...at least there I can just plug my phone up into my computer and download the pictures THAT way.

Ruth - Yanno, I don't use "woot woot" in real life...but I do use "whoo hoo" a lot, LOL But yeah, I don't think anybody really says "woot woot"...it would be kinda weird, actually, LOL

Cyndi - It WAS a fun and quiet night, actually...but we made up for it tonight. Boo!!!

chickadeee - I have to say that our higher ups are really good about letting us do stuff like that as long as we keep it work-appropriate. Back in May, when it was National Telecommunicators Week, they let us have theme days during the week and dress up. One day we had "favorite agency" day and, though most people dressed up in shirts from our local agencies, my shift dressed up like the characters from Reno 911. Everybody LOVED it and even our Lt. came in and took pictures of us. It was a lot of fun.

Hope you ladies have a nice quiet relaxing day planned. I'm off for the next 2 days, but I'm on call...so keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't get called in. I'm planning on taking my niece out to dinner and a movie on Thursday for her 17th birthday.

What are your plans for today??? Pull up a chair and tell us about your day.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:59 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Natasha! I'm so glad you're back and committed to being a regular around here!

For me, daily contact here has made all the difference in my WL journey. When we speak of making a lifestyle change I believe it takes time. After 2 1/2 years following SBD I just now am starting to feel like I'm being able to make the better choice with food even when I'm stressed, tired, busy, bored, etc....My brain finally seems to communicate with the hand that lifts food into my mouth. I have lots of friends in the "real world" but I feel like you all are the only ones who understand the struggle that often comes with trying to make that "better choice". When I post every day, I make that conscious connection with others on the same journey and I strive to keep trying.

It's snowing like crazy here and I just have a waiting game to see what's going to happen. My mom has an eye appt AND my sis is flying in from Hawaii. I'm thinking there's the possibility that neither one will happen or at best my sis will be seriously delayed. Coffee and perhaps another nap is in my near future.

Have a great day, everyone! I may BBL, if I have internet. We'll see.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! I really hate when it's dark when I wake up. Unfortunately, I have to get up before the sun. But at least I can grab a couple of moments to myself before the insanity starts. I agree with Debbie that posting here is a major part of keeping myself on track, especially the 'on plan' thread. There was an article recently that those who journal their food are more successful at dieting anyway.

Today is more of the same, except our routine will be thrown off again a bit because my husband has a vacation day, and I think I am going to attend the All Souls service at my church this evening, so I'll have to work out what dinner will be in my head. Maybe I'll just pick up some soup for myself.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Natasha, it sounds like you work with a great group of people who know how to have fun. Enjoy your next couple of days off, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you aren't called in. Thursday is my mother's birthday, too, and we're really blessed to have her with us to celebrate this year.

Debbie, I hope the snow doesn't change your plans too much, and that your sister gets in safely!

Matilda, have a great OP day!

It looks like today will be a quiet day, spending the morning at Susie & Ramsay's, and running errands before picking up the girls. They have Pony Club this afternoon, so that means I should be able to get home at a normal hour for a change.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Ugh...I just lost my reply b/c my computer locked up for some reason. GRR!!!

Lexxiss - I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya that your sister doesn't get delayed too badly. I'd take the snow for ya if I could.

Mmckellen - Good morning. I think this is my first time seeing your new avatar photo...looking good!!!

Hope you ladies have a good day!!! Oh, here's the photos I couldn't get to upload earlier. The first one is me before work. The second one is my Halloween treat...it's deviled egg eyeballs, LOL. And the third is me AFTER work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HALLOWEEN 001.jpg (21.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HALLOWEEN 002.jpg (29.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HALLOWEEN 003.jpg (17.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Natasha - glad to see you in here with us again! I agree with you and Debbie - stopping in here makes a lot of difference in thought patterns. You sound like you would be a hoot to work with! (and I'll say "hoot" in real life, but not "woot woot!", although I love typing it too!!)

Lexiss- you are up crazy hours...just sayin'!! You should be proud of yourself and the changes you've made in your life.

MMCK - it is still pitch black here as well, but the sun should be coming up in 1/2 hour or so. I can't decide if I'm looking forward to the time change or not.

Ugh, I have been in a bad place! I'm not eating carelessly, but I've been eating too much halloween candy, that's for sure! (hey, at least they're small, right?) I know I have to get my exercise back in gear as well, and just not too motivated to do it. A sign on one of the facebook groups I'm in said yesterday, "worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace". Ain't that the truth?!?!

Today I am off to work for a short day....then hopefully off for a run. The snow should be gone enough to go on a trail run, which is what I really enjoy. Planning to go to the grocery in between kids to school, and work starting at 9.

I was excited....cleared away the snow for my turnip greens a couple nights ago, they were delish!

Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #7  

Good Morning,

Natasha, I love your smile, it is telling me you have spunk. It sounds like you have a great bunch of co workers.

Today, I go for an MRI of my thumb. Even though I have to have surgery on it next Tuesday and it has to be fixed(it is almost impossible for me to move my thumb now and it hurts, the doctor won't go in there until he knows for sure what he is removing. How do they take an MRI of a thumb in that big chamber? Guess, I will find out.

We went to the vet yesterday, and Pella, our lab, has two lumps that need to be removed, it really doesn't matter what they are at her age, but we will have to get them removed soon. (maybe they could do her lumps the same time they fix my thumb, save some money!!!! Just kidding.

Today, after my MRI, I am going shopping by myself, I got my hair cut short yesterday and highlighted. I am thinking of going to a cosmetic counter with no makeup on and asking them to fix me up. I have always hated wearing makeup, but these age spots and blochy skin is making me hate to look in the mirror. And my face is thinning out too, (good news).

But today is a ME day. And it feels good.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Chickadeee
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dragging my butt into the chicken coop this morning. I'm still suffering from a carb hangover and I did it to myself. I'll have a coffee, a dog cuddle and may go back to bed.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another day, another list, way too much to get done in way too little time. So Monday we have to be at the hospital at 6 AM and it's an hour drive. On the plus side DW should be out of surgery by noon. I see lots of coffee in my day. Luckily the caf has Green Mtn French Roast and I have a coffee card,

Natasha - love the pic! I'm another woo hoo'er
What everyone else said about coming here every morning. It keeps me honest and it reminds me that it's okay to make my health a priority.

Debbie- Hope the snow doesn't mess up your day too badly AND hope it's not headed this way! Reading your updates keeps me on track. You are amazing!

Matilda - I am so not a fan of all the dark this time of year. Mornings will be better next week but afternoons will be so much worse.

Cottage hope your day is easy and you are home at a reasonable hour. Remember when there was some concern that they might not need you as much? That will never happen

Twynn - I feel your pain. I'm not eating off plan necessarily but cheese and nuts are showing up way too often. Your turnip greens sound yum. I'm going to grab some of my kale for tonight.

Chickadee - I had an MRI of my wrist, it just required a really annoying position. Sounds like a lot coming up in the next week.

Okay, my list is made time to get moving. Wow, it's hump day already! Hope yours is quick and painless

ETA - good morning Ruth and doggage

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-02-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

Turns out, I have a UTI! Waaaaaaaa. Off to Urgent Care since my PCP (who is now over an hour away from me - new PCP I can't see for two weeks) won't call in antibiotics. Such a waste of money...
Old 11-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone.

I have been eating bad the past couple of days. No more I am back on track. Glad to see Natasha and Matilda are back posting again.

Sorry no time for personals but trying to make myself accountable by stopping by.

Have a great day
Old 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I haven't had time to read personals yet today, but I have to tell you guys something because you will feel my pain:

People who bought too much Halloween candy and want it out of their house are bringing it to my office!!! I've had two stop by today. Lord help me!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree about the contact here You guys rock! But some days I just have so little to say... my life is sooo boring. But that can be a good thing too.

Debbie - I guess I was a bit premature asking about snow!

Chickadee - That is sort of comical to picture. Maybe they have mini machines?

Jenn - Bummer... but at least you know and can get on some meds.

Where has the day gone!? I feel like I've been busy every minute but done nothing. Did get to talk to my teen who called to fill us in on his meeting with adviser about next semester. Had a similar call from oldest son yesterday. I'm going to log off soon and walk on the treadmill for a while. Hubby is gone for the afternoon so maybe I'll get a nap in later. Perfect weather for it here - dark and dreary with rain on the way. Beans in the crock pot, healthy lunch, leftover chicken/spinach casserole for dinner... eating is back on track
Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #14  

OK, just had to pop in, I am home.

For the MRI of my thumb, they placed my hand inside a big plastic box and clamped it shut, then I had to lay on my belly with my arms above my head (kinda of like superman flying)with a pillow under my chest. After about 40 minutes I couldn't stand it, my left arm feel asleep, I signaled for the nurse, she told me 10 more minutes hold on. Then after 10 minutes, they told me the doctor reviewed the pictures and wants some with contrast. So, they pull me out of the chamber and inject dye, she lets me move my other arm down, and pushes me back in for another 12 minutes. I was at the point where my brain wanted me to move my arm, it was all I could do no to, near tears. (all I kept telling myself was, all this for a little lump on my thumb joint, over and over) I can hardly wait to see the results(I bet the diagnosis with be lump on thumb.!!!!LOL) and the bill!

After I got done, I didn't even feel like going shopping, changed my mind twice, finally went shopping. Had fun, stayed on plan, I am now eating a salad with chicken.

Jenn hope you are feeling better.

Later chicks,

Chickadeee
Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Debbie and friends! Debbie, enjoy your time with your sister. I'm doing well, for the most part. I have someone who is in charge of my money, due to my illness, and I don't like it one bit. Please pray for me.
Closed Thread