South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default This is me being honest

for the last 2 days I've binged on non SB food. I've been mindlessly shoving food in my mouth. I'm not beating myself up about it I just need to get it out there and be honest about it because if I don't then I will start hiding and lying to myself again. I've eaten a lot of halloween chocolate, chinese food, KFC hot wings and Japanese takeout AND Cracker barrel yesterday. Today I've eaten a sloppy joe(which was SB) and halloween chocolate.

It started yesterday morning when I dropped my husband off at work so he could go out of town for the week. I then went shopping for a little while and decided I should get something to eat. Since I didn't eat any breakfast I was pretty hungry. I remember thinking about going to wendy's to get a bowl of chili and a salad. But somehow I went from that to going to the japanese takeout and ordering sweet tea, a hibachi bowl with extra side of rice and I tried to order chicken wings but they were out of wings so I went to kfc and got an order of chicken wings. I ate some of the the wings on my way home. I got home and spread out my food in front of the computer and proceded to eat.

A couple minutes later my husband called and said they hadn't left yet and wanted me to go eat lunch with him. I didn't tell him about the food I had spread out in front of me, I just said sure I'll be there in a few. I put the food in the fridge and left. We went to the chinese buffet. I was full when I got there but I managed to eat more food anyway. I ate one small plate of food.

Shortly after that, I started getting sick. It felt like something was eating a hole in my stomach. I picked my daughter up and her friend from school at 3 and went to walmart to get some stomach medicine. I got several different kinds. I needed to get them something to eat before trick or treating, they wanted to go to cracker barrel. i took them there and I ordered a kids chicken and dumplings and water. I ate about half of it. I was still sick but I ate it anyway. God it was horrible, but I kept on a happy face for the kids.

About half way home I started feeling like I was going to vomit. I tried to hurry home as fast as I could. I got home and ran to the bathroom thinking I was going to vomit but I never did. By the time the sun started going down I was feeling a little better and off we went trick or treating. When we got back home, we all proceeded to eat candy.

After that was over and the DD went to bed, I pulled out that food from earlier in the day and tried to eat it. It was horrible tasting and it started making me sick again. I ate a few bites and threw it away. I wasn't even hungry anyway (thats obvious right?).

I went to bed.

This morning I got up and was so thirsty, I wasn't about to get on the scale. I took the DD to school and since then I've eaten about 10 fun sized kit kats and a littel while ago i was hungry so I ate the sloppy joe.

I've decided to go back to Ph1 immediately, starting now or at least in a few hours when I'm hungry again. I'm drinking tons of water too to help flush out all that sodium and toxic stuff. I still feel sickly. Like I said, I'm not beating myself up I'm moving on. I have to say, I don't think I've done bad at all. This is the first real binge I've had in probably 6 months. I'm proud of that fact. I'm also proud of the fact that my reality check came so soon. This binge is something that could have gone on for 3 months or more like in the past.

Thank you for reading if you took the time to read all of that, I just needed to get it out & be honest. You can respond if you want to.

Last edited by hpnodat; 11-01-2011 at 11:17 AM.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #2  
I think I can...

Well you can't change what's already done. Good idea about getting back on phase 1 immediately.
I'm in the same boat as you think birthday weekend. Snow storm and halloween. Phase 1 tomorrow for me as well.
You've had great success!!!
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

We've all done similar things. I ate a whole bag of fun size candy bars a few weeks ago! It does make it harder to get back on plan, but the important thing is, you are doing it. I do notice the cravings come back more often after bingeing like this, but after a couple days of Phase I, they are usually defeated. Good luck, you are not alone!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

We have all done this. I ate an entire fun size CRUNCH BAR bag in 3 days.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Good for you for getting back on track!

Connie S
suttercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #6  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170starting View Post
We have all done this. I ate an entire fun size CRUNCH BAR bag in 3 days.
3 days? I've gone through a fun size kit kat bag in 1.5. One of the many reasons they're not allowed in the house. LOL

Also, you've lost almost 50 pounds hpnodat. That's no small feat in and of itself.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 11-01-2011 at 02:31 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Been there, done that. Kudos to you for getting back on track.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Glad you are getting back on the horse!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 308/298/200

Height: 5'9"

You didn't specify what triggered your binge. I'm guessing it was your husband leaving town. As a former sneaky eater, I can relate to that. It is brave and healthy to own up to what has happened. Take note of how yucky you felt. I can't eat Chinese take-out anymore. The salty, fried food leaves me feeling gross. It's smart to go straight back to phase 1 and work that sugar out of your system. Know that you are not alone and try to reach out to someone for help or distraction when temptation flirts again!
thefrenchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #10  

Sorry this happened, but getting back on the plan is a step in the right direction and you already know that.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

I've been eating ice cream and pretzels everyday.
Back on track now!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

I'm loving just how honest you were about this! Now it's time to get back on track. You can do it.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #13  

I agree, thats awsome that you came here, wrote it all out and got rid of it!

It happened, its over and not the end of the world. You are in charge of tomorrow and are back on track..so thats good news
anilom007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #14  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
for the last 2 days I've binged on non SB food. I've been mindlessly shoving food in my mouth. I'm not beating myself up about it I just need to get it out there and be honest about it because if I don't then I will start hiding and lying to myself again. I've eaten a lot of halloween chocolate, chinese food, KFC hot wings and Japanese takeout AND Cracker barrel yesterday. Today I've eaten a sloppy joe(which was SB) and halloween chocolate.

It started yesterday morning when I dropped my husband off at work so he could go out of town for the week. I then went shopping for a little while and decided I should get something to eat. Since I didn't eat any breakfast I was pretty hungry. I remember thinking about going to wendy's to get a bowl of chili and a salad. But somehow I went from that to going to the japanese takeout and ordering sweet tea, a hibachi bowl with extra side of rice and I tried to order chicken wings but they were out of wings so I went to kfc and got an order of chicken wings. I ate some of the the wings on my way home. I got home and spread out my food in front of the computer and proceded to eat.

A couple minutes later my husband called and said they hadn't left yet and wanted me to go eat lunch with him. I didn't tell him about the food I had spread out in front of me, I just said sure I'll be there in a few. I put the food in the fridge and left. We went to the chinese buffet. I was full when I got there but I managed to eat more food anyway. I ate one small plate of food.

Shortly after that, I started getting sick. It felt like something was eating a hole in my stomach. I picked my daughter up and her friend from school at 3 and went to walmart to get some stomach medicine. I got several different kinds. I needed to get them something to eat before trick or treating, they wanted to go to cracker barrel. i took them there and I ordered a kids chicken and dumplings and water. I ate about half of it. I was still sick but I ate it anyway. God it was horrible, but I kept on a happy face for the kids.

About half way home I started feeling like I was going to vomit. I tried to hurry home as fast as I could. I got home and ran to the bathroom thinking I was going to vomit but I never did. By the time the sun started going down I was feeling a little better and off we went trick or treating. When we got back home, we all proceeded to eat candy.

After that was over and the DD went to bed, I pulled out that food from earlier in the day and tried to eat it. It was horrible tasting and it started making me sick again. I ate a few bites and threw it away. I wasn't even hungry anyway (thats obvious right?).

I went to bed.

This morning I got up and was so thirsty, I wasn't about to get on the scale. I took the DD to school and since then I've eaten about 10 fun sized kit kats and a littel while ago i was hungry so I ate the sloppy joe.

I've decided to go back to Ph1 immediately, starting now or at least in a few hours when I'm hungry again. I'm drinking tons of water too to help flush out all that sodium and toxic stuff. I still feel sickly. Like I said, I'm not beating myself up I'm moving on. I have to say, I don't think I've done bad at all. This is the first real binge I've had in probably 6 months. I'm proud of that fact. I'm also proud of the fact that my reality check came so soon. This binge is something that could have gone on for 3 months or more like in the past.

Thank you for reading if you took the time to read all of that, I just needed to get it out & be honest. You can respond if you want to.
i know w/ me i can't have any of those foods around or i'll eat them. i used to have candy, cookies, ice cream in the house and would think about them all the time until they were gone! i even have to hide my protein bars and have one in the pantry at a time! i make alot of substitute stuff for what i used to eat *like protein pudding/shakes, etc. and order protein treats from Diet Direct. you have been so successful and also went right back on plan so you will do great. :-) thanks for sharing.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I know how you feel!! I've been so bad the past two days or so. I have a friend visiting and I haven't seen her in two years. We went out last night and I had a few drinks, but I got so drunk so fast that I had to leave at midnight. And it made me realize that it's just not worth it in the long run. You've done so well already though! Dr. Agaston says in the book that it's OK to mess up and you can just go back to phase 1 for a few days, that's the beauty of SB. Congrats on getting as far as you have already!!Don't worry too much about this. You've done so much better than so many others (myself included!)
skinnyinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote