3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday on The Beach 10/24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/245753-monday-beach-10-24-a.html)

cottagebythesea 10-24-2011 06:46 AM

Monday on The Beach 10/24

Happy Monday! :D

I'm sitting here sipping my coffee and wondering where in the heck did the weekend go? I'm not ready for Monday yet! :tantrum:

CyndiM 10-24-2011 06:57 AM

Cottage - I so agree. I demand a redo! Can we do that? Maybe another cup of coffee will help.

Chelby29 10-24-2011 07:01 AM

Linda, I'm not ready yet either!

I had a very busy weekend. My beautiful, 16 year old niece was in a play yesterday. As much as I love her --- It was pretty painful. :p

I have a new resolve to get back on the plan strictly again today. Hubs is hovering around the 30 pound mark, and I'm still sitting at 10. I'd like to say it's all the whole male vs. female thing, but it's not. He is staying with the plan WAY better than I am, and he moves and works with his job. I sit in a chair. I know what I have to do...

cottagebythesea 10-24-2011 07:11 AM

A second cup of coffee is making the day look better, but it's still dark outside and it's 7am!

OK, it's time to shake off the grumpies. I sure don't want them to set the tone for the rest of the day.
Yesterday's tea fundraiser was fun and interesting. There was a fashion and jewelry show and sale, and I was astounded at the pricetags! But people were snatching up the stuff like it was a bargain. I'm sorry, but $275 for a simple cardigan is just not my style, and of course, everything I really liked cost a whole lot more than that. But they did feed us well, even though I couldn't eat a lot of the food. I asked to have mine boxed up, and Carley was delighted with the treats when we picked her up from the sitter's. :)

I'm expecting a busy day today. Monday's are always busy at the farm, catching up after the weekend. The girls are usually good about remembering to pick up after themselves, but for some reason they forget about it when I'm not there. :dizzy:

I have a pot of steelcut oats simmering on the stove, and they're just about ready. That should give me strength to get through this day.

CyndiM 10-24-2011 07:26 AM

Welll, if we have to be grown-ups :coffee2: the coffee is helping a little.

Chel - For painful I still think elementary school band concerts are on top of the list. Just thinking about 8 year olds learning violin still makes me shudder.
Congratulations on your new found resolve. You so can do this!

Cottage - I have trouble buying clothes anywhere other than a thrift store so that wouldn't have worked for me :) Hope your day breezes by

I've got a varied assortment of strange bits to take care of today. Need to get the baking to the Co-op and will run a few town errands when I do that. Then a check-in call for work and lots of detail stuff for the conference. also need to get into my cupboards and figure out where the stupid mouse got in last night. I do not need to be woken up by a mouse trying to remember its way out and I don't want them in my cupboard. time for more steel wool I think. Yup, another exciting day ;)

WaistingTime 10-24-2011 07:57 AM

Good morning!

I'm off to the gym for my workout with my mom and trainer this morning. I have another conference call today for our charitable foundation; hopefully the last this year. We are going to be evaluating our new online application process, which I administer, so this is key to me for what to do with it going forward. I wish the call was not over dinner hour.

I just need to vent that my husband is kinda pissing me off. He is suddenly losing weight while eating all sorts of crappy food. Not fair! Okay, whining over. But it does remind me that there is a difference in "dieting" to lose weight and changing one's lifestyle to be healthy.

Have a great Monday.

Ruthxxx 10-24-2011 08:25 AM

I'm caffeine deprived too, Chickies, but I actually slept until 7:40 this morning. Felt great until I stepped on the scale - 'nuff said! My huge coffee mug is helping me recover.

Cottage, I hope the Girls did a wee bit of tidying over the weekend. Yup, that's pretty expensive for a cardigan but it's about what my sister would pay. People have different lifestyles.

Cyndi, your Monday sounds full of what my Dad called "odds and sods". I sometimes write little stuff on yellow stickies and get great delight out of tearing them up when done.

Chelby, I understand completely how painful it was to watch your niece's performance. At least she's young and can improve. I've seen lots of adults perform who should never be on stage. Yes, the male/female dieting situation is completely unfair.

Waisting Time, you and Chelby should get together and make male dieting dolls to stick with pins. I know they have muscle mass but ti's still unfair. I can relate to dealing with the application process but from the other end. We have one due October 31 which is next week! Yikes!

My "family" dinner party went well. Kids, dogs and even the adults really behaved. However, Jazz decided to take off through the fence on a wee adventure but the kids brought him back and we found his escape hatch. Until I deal with that, he's on a long rope out there. The "girls" took home all the lelftovers except the turkey carcass which simmered overnight. (Turkey soup will appear on the menu this week.) It's so great having four women working together on clean-up! I love my friends.

The usual banking is on the list today and I think I just may carry on into town for a few things at Staples - being out of ink and a receipt book is cramping my style. On the other hand, it's not raining and I could cut down the hostas before they turn into green slime!

Another mug before I leap into action! :coffee: Here's to a successful week! :cheers: but with coffee, darn it!

Lexxiss 10-24-2011 08:43 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

I've been up for awhile but have been sipping coffee and having serious discussions with DH. They want me to pick up a set schedule with this new employment opportunity, which I'd love to do, but we need to figure out if there is any way for it to work. I have to make some phone calls this morning. It sounds like we are all easing into Monday despite a desire to stay weekending!

BBL

jenne1017 10-24-2011 11:48 AM

getting an IV of caffeine now - had to do a speech this morning to college kids - I actually love public speaking so I had a blast. But Imma late for meetings here in the office so a fly by for me! TTYAL

chickadeee55 10-24-2011 04:49 PM

Oh ok, so everyone's comments about this morning pan out for me. This was a bummer mind set for me today. My scale numbers didn't move for me, so all day long that little voice is telling me this isn't worth it.

But I know it is, just go back to one day at a time. I think I need to go read the SB book again, see if I missed anything. Can't wait for this day to be over and the rest of the week to start.

Smile
Chickadeee

Natasha1534 10-24-2011 07:16 PM

Evening, ladies. :) Starting back on Phase I today...gotta kickstart my weightloss again and I have been doing horrible as far as going off-plan more and more. Time to kick my own butt back into line!!! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm probably gonna be around a little more now just in an effort to keep myself on track.