3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   What's on your menu this week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/245698-whats-your-menu-week.html)

mzKiki 10-23-2011 09:36 AM

What's on your menu this week?

I know I'm going to make Chili and I'll eat that for breakfast or lunch all week.
1 day I'm going to have oven fried chicken for dinner.
That's about as far as I got.
What is everyone else planning?

pear_fairy 10-23-2011 10:09 AM

Well seeing how this is my first week I plan to make up some sort of crustless egg quiche or egg cups so I have no excuse for breakfasts in the morning, making up some taco meat for sure that we will have through the week in various ways (husband never complains about taco anything hahaha) and will chop up my celery, cauliflower, and peppers I got to have with my hummus and such this week! I am pumped!

jenne1017 10-23-2011 10:59 AM

I was going to start a similar thread!

Tonight is Taco Bake, Tomorrow is Crackslaw, Tuesday (though I will be in Atlanta) is Buffalo Chicken Tenders and veggies. Lunches will include leftovers and salads. Breakfast is yogurt and/or cottage cheese and/or frozen Kashi waffles with peanut butter.

magrat0315 10-23-2011 11:12 AM

I wish I had time today to prep stuff for the week! But since I do not, I see yogurt for breakfast, salads for lunch and egg white omelets or quick stir-fries for dinner in my future. Maybe next weekend I will get a chance to create a weekly menu with some variety!

magrat0315 10-23-2011 11:16 AM

I just looked up the recipe for Crackslaw...that's going to be dinner tonight!

mzKiki 10-23-2011 07:00 PM

Everybody has some great food planned. Jenne I want to try that crackslaw maybe sometime this week.
I made my chili it was supposed to be vegetarian but I ended up adding some turkey. It made alot so I have a bunch in the freezer.
I made it to walmart and bought chicken. Breast for me and legs for the kids. I'm kind of floating around about the rest of the week, we'll see.
GOOD LUCK @ Pear Fairy, you're going to love SBD.

pear_fairy 10-23-2011 07:32 PM

thanks! I want to make up some chili too yummmm may do that later this week! I think between taco stuff, crackslaw, chicken and chili I should be good to go for this phase 1 **** everyone talks about haha....

jenne1017 10-23-2011 08:04 PM

made the crack slaw tonight since I went for Mexican today and it was yummy. Served it in romaine lettuce boats!

mrsladybird 10-23-2011 09:46 PM

This is my week 1, I am doing P1.5 I'll call it. Here's the plan for this week:
-Kalyn's Kitchen Breakfast Casserole (mushroom, feta & sausage) with 1/2 WW English Muffin for Breakfasts
-Broccoli Salad for lunches (broccoli, bacon, cheddar, green onions, dressing)
-Yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, nuts & seeds for snacks
-I made chili today for dinner and I'm also going to be making a white bean & sausage stew later in the week. Yum!

*waves at Jenne1017* :)

jenne1017 10-23-2011 09:55 PM

everyone's menus sound yummy!

messycrayola 10-24-2011 01:41 AM

Tonight is going to be Wagyu beef burgers, that we got on special and I'll have mine without the bun. Looking forward to trying these!

Tomorrow night might be dinner out as its the last night that dad is going to be here. I have no idea where to go though that is South Beach/Diabetes friendly - Thai?

Wednesday night - I'm going to be all by myself for dinner since Joe is going to a wedding. I might make a Cauliflower and Bacon soup in the afternoon before class possibly.

Thursday night - Dinner with Mum at a steakhouse.

After that everything takes a nosedive in my ability to plan :lol: Joe's parents will be here so we may have to go out for dinner on Friday but aren't sure.

skinnyinthedesert 10-24-2011 04:46 AM

I'm having leftovers this week lol. I have eggplant lasagna, taco bake and baked mexican pie (which I'm not too fond of, but will eat anyway) I had eggs with cream cheese for breakfast today and I'm going to try to make my own peanut butter so that I can make some peanut butter cookies. i can't seem to find sf peanut butter over here.

CyndiM 10-24-2011 07:16 AM

:welcome3: Mrs. Ladybird. Can I ask why you are starting with 1.5? I know there are some health issues that can get in the way of a clean Phase1, but if you can do it you will be really glad you did.

Skinny - ugh, I'm so disgusted that you can't find peanut butter without sugar. We really are exporting obesity :( PB so does not need added sugar. Good for you for making your own! My DW loves to make nut butters in the megablender. Her fave is brazil nut butter.

So far this week I am also planning crack slaw, a loaded veggie sauce with crumbles, and a roasted veggie night with burgers. I think I'll toss pumpkin chili in the crockpot later in the week too.

cottagebythesea 10-24-2011 07:28 AM

Pumpkin chili is on my list of menus for the week, too, Cyndi. Tis the weather for it! :) I'm also planning to make Tofurky Italian sausage with pepper & onions, white beans & chard saute, and a pasta dish with chickpeas, spinach & slivered almonds.

CyndiM 10-24-2011 07:59 AM

beans and greens, thanks for the idea Cottage!
I've just never warmed up to the Tofurkey susages. I do love the Light life and Trader Joe's sausages though (I wonder if they come from the same company because they are identical as far as I can tell)

mzKiki 10-24-2011 09:46 PM

I made the crackslaw! OMG it was great DH loved it too he said it is indeed "crack" Deeeeelicious.

shelflife 10-24-2011 09:53 PM

Breakfasts are a variation on this crustless spinach quiche .

For lunch, I made a mix of roasted chickpeas, quinoa, sundried tomatoes and feta to eat over mixed greens. Cottage cheese & plums or veggies & hummus for snacks.

Dinners:
Turkey chili
Sweet potato pinto bean stew
Sloppy josephines
Butternut squash and red lentil curry
Spicy beef with mock cornbread casserole
Turkey shepherds pie (with cauliflower topping)