Newb starting phase one on Sunday (eeep!)

• I am nervous but I NEED to drop some weight. We are trying to conceive but any weight I can get off of me before pregnancy hits would be wonderfulllll....not to mention to find something I can do after pregnancy as well!

I have printed off loads of lists of foods and tips etc....I am also picking up the books from the library on my way home from work tonight and have tried recruiting a co-worker to start with me hahaha.....I met up with a friend last week who looks great despite just having a baby a few weeks ago and she said she lost her weight (pre-pregnancy) doing the beach and intends to get back to it soon since she felt so much better when eating right!! I NEED this as I KNOW my body needs protein and veggies more so this will be good and I just need to stick to it!!!

Oh and too funny just looked at my OLD posts here where I have tried and failed so early on those were all when I was in my previous marriage though so I am hoping this go around where I actually HAVE a supportive spouse will help keep me on track!!!
  • thanks Karen! I need support big time hahaha!
  • Welcome! I'm newish here too, and yes, support makes all the difference!! I think as long as you keep the food interesting, phase one goes smoothly!

• We're here for support too!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome and good luck with your plan and ttc!
  • thanks everyone!!!
  • Welcome to the beach!!!
  • Last time I was here I was with an unsupportive husband too, haha. That marriage is over (life is complicated) and I am planning on really being successful.

I wish you all of the luck in the world (both SBD and TTC )
  • , pear_fairy! I like the fact that you are planning to read the book and getting your menus all planned. That's a sure-fire way of ensuring a successful weight loss.
  • thanks BelovedK! I wish you the best of luck to you too!!

I read the original book long ago (I think in 2004 or 2005) but yeah that husband was unsupportive so I never made it far at all back then. I now have a new supportive hubby (though he won't give up his beer to do it with me hmmpppfff hahahah) I picked up the Supercharged Book and the cookbook that was published in 2010 to look over and prepare myself for my shopping tomorrow and Saturday so I am all set to go Sunday!