3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   I'm stalled, gain, lose, ugh!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/245014-im-stalled-gain-lose-ugh.html)

jerseygiiirl 10-12-2011 08:45 PM

I'm stalled, gain, lose, ugh!!!

So I guess I probably shouldn't weigh myself every day but I can't help it. It seems every day is a different weight but won't go lower than 121. One day I'm 121 the next 124 then the next 122. I don't get it. This has been for a week now. I weigh myself at the same rime every morning. What's going on??? I am on plan, drink tons of water. Maybe I'm eating too many nuts and cheese?? I don't know.

strawbariana 10-12-2011 08:54 PM

I weigh myself constantly too, same thing happens with me! Due to your nut intake (which I'm assuming is a lot because you mentioned it) it may be just the fiber that's left over in your body from the nuts. Nuts take 6-9 hours to digest and run through your system. You're not gaining weight it's just your systems a bit backed up.

murphmitch 10-12-2011 09:11 PM

I definitely don't recommend weighing every day. I weigh once a week (Saturday) in the morning before eating. I also recommend measuring your waist when you weigh. That way when your weight reflects fluid retention, you can tell more from the waist measurements. When you don't have much to lose, weight loss after Phase I can really slow down. Even when your weight isn't dropping, all kinds of wonderful things are happening when you eat right; Triglycerides dropping, good cholesterol increasing, blood sugar normalizing. When you don't weigh as often, you can observe weight trends more easily.

jerseygiiirl 10-12-2011 09:43 PM

I usually have a serving of pistachios and then a spoon full of nat pb at night. Oh and a teaspoon of chia in th morning. Is that way too much? I like the waist measurement idea too. Thanks

strawbariana 10-12-2011 09:45 PM

No, that's not too much at all. Pistachios are actually one of the lower calorie nuts but that just answered your question. The nuts aren't out of your system yet (:

CyndiM 10-13-2011 05:53 AM

I weigh every day but it's actually given me a sense of humor about it. I can go up or down 3+ lbs for no obvious reason. I know it's not 10,000 more or less calories so there's water, digestion related stuff, humidity, cat hair on the scale... As long as your trend is down don't let it get to you. Some people actually give up the scale and use tape measures or pant size because. If it really bothers you to see the daily fluctuations that's something to consider.

ETA - you have such a small amount to lose that it probably will move very slowly. As Anne said, think of the great long-term changes you are making. It will come off, but not like that whoosh in Phase 1.

jerseygiiirl 10-13-2011 07:15 AM

Hahah. I love the cat hair!! Maybe I have too much hair spray in my hair. Lol. Thanks everyone. Glad I'm not the only one who fluctuates like this. I def see and feel a difference so I'm gonna go with that!

jenne1017 10-13-2011 09:29 AM

I am up three pounds from Monday, down 2 from Wed and didn't dare get on today ;) I, like Cyn, have a sense of humor about it too. I am massively bloated (TOM next week) and need more water. But I only take my once a week on Saturday weigh in as the serious one.

I am sure if I shaved my legs, I'd lose that 3 pounds instantly!!! :lol3: