South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's SBD Chat for 10/12

Happy Hump Day!

I sure didn't want to get up this morning. It's raining and the sounds of it hitting the window made me want to snuggle under the covers. But, alas, duty calls.

I'm staying overnight at the farm tonight since C & R are going to dinner and a show in NYC and staying over. The girls are so excited, since we always have a pajama party out of it with a movie and popcorn, although I DO make sure they're in bed at a decent hour since it's a school night. But I usually end up discovering one or both girls curled up in my bed in the middle of the night.

Hmmmm. I guess I should think about what to make the girls for supper tonight.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It was kind of a rough night here but not a bad morning.

Cottage - that sounds like a fun evening for everyone

Our rain isn't starting until tonight so I'm going to get my garlic in this morning. Then it's back to conference planning and background house chores. I'm not sure why I thought I'd have more free time now Time to make a list so I don't miss the small things during the day. As long as the rain holds off I will definitely have a walk on that list!

Happy Hump Day
Old 10-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Linda, Auston wants to go to the pajama party, too, and he would like Totinos Pizza for dinner.

Cyndi, Do you know if the surgery is still on?

It is my Friday today. WooHoo!!! Two friends and I are leaving in the morning for the beach. It's supposed to be about 80 degrees every day. I'm packing my swimsuit!

Jeff and I -- and his parents and Auston -- are going on a date tonight to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. We are going to Superior Grill, where we had our first date. It is WAY on the other side of Birmingham, two counties away. They have the best black bean soup ever.

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-12-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I was wondering, as well, about Julie's impending surgery date. Is she feeling better? I do hope the rain holds off so you can get your garlic planted and get a nice walk today!

Chelby, , tell Auston this time it's girls only, but he did give me an idea for supper. But the heck with the PJ party, I want to go to the beach with you!!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Get your bottle of wine and get in the car, Linda!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #6  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Yesterday was an awesome day! A pharmacy has agreed to sell my crafts in their gift shop. I'm so excited! This is a huge deal for me. Since I've been so busy with making my stuff to sell, I haven't even thought about wanting to eat any bad stuff.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Morning!

Due to a sick manager yesterday I ended up working a16-hour open to close shift yesterday. I'm beat! Duty calls though,vet appointments, and straightening the house need to be done before work.

Chelby, have a good "friday"!
Cyndi, I never realized garlic is a fall planting item...interesting.
Cottage, have a fun girls night sleep over, how old are the girls again?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning glories!

Feeling good in spite of only 4 hours of sleep. YAY COFFEE!

Work, work and more work today. Was here late last night as someone threw themselves in front of an oncoming train and as you can imagine, it backed things up all over DC. So sad. We've also got the Occupy Wall St. protesters across the street from us in tents set up in the park! Some of those signs are FUNNY!

Cottage: what show? I don't know WHEN I am getting home to NYC but I want to soon!
Cyn(di): I am right there with you in conference planning ****! 3 to plan this fall.
Chelby: So jealous for your Friday! Happy Anniversary!
HPN and SouthMpls: have a good day
Old 10-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all,

Busy day for me, but wanted to say I am on Day 3 of Phase 1 to get my mental focus on eating right and plugging along. Now if I can just get rid of these allergies I would feel so much better

Enjoy your days everyone and Cyndi please let us know if surgery is still on.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jenn- this is me, not working My contract is all conference planning, but just four between now and the end of March. Don't know how you do it all over the country! Hey, do you know anything about the little Voices conference in VT this week?

Angie - Garlic is a bulb so goes in the ground in the fall with lots of mulch to keep it sleepy. I've heard it can be planted in the spring but it doesn't do as well. I don't have cool storage in the summer so just plant a few for fun. Every clove grows a bulb plus scapes, so not a bad deal We just buy it from the local farm stand and plant the best cloves.

Cottage & Pearl - We are still waiting to hear about the surgery. I'm sure it won't be next Monday because we haven't even had a pre-op appt (though we meet with the Boston neuro tomorrow). They are waiting for the cardiology report from the hospital. Honestly DW is still not sleeping through the night, coughing a lot and eating very little so I'd like to wait a couple of weeks until she is stronger. I'm guessing maybe Halloween but we should know soon.

Now to get back to work. I'm still picking DW up at work at lunchtime so now a lot of focused work time and I'm not doing well with the focusing part
Old 10-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Cyndi - Why yes I do. More info here: http://www.voicesforvtkids.org/news/...-a-time-of-no/ And the registration link is there too. Need anything in particular?

Yes, planning one in Atlanta at the end of this month. Following week in LA and then NYC at the end of November. Then I attend and speak at one in January and plan our HUGE GINORMOUS one with the AECF for the summer and that's where my head will be the first 6 months of the year. Rinse and repeat!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

Mobile shoutout this morning...........I'm in East Denver with my mom for her monthly eye injections. Ouch. Had net troubles this am then DH needed some router bit which took every moment of my time until I ran out the door. I did take time for my smoothie and made mom and I sandwiches so I wouldn't be tempted by Thai food. I'm happy about that because I've been 100% OP lately and do have a Dim Sum date on Saturday.

I took a break at the coffee shop...........gotta get back over to the clinic (which doesn't have wifi?? what's up with that)

Hmm...it's Wednesday and feels like Friday. Oh well.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

I had my first session at the gym with my new gym buddy I'm so glad to have a girlfriend to work out with, it's so much more motivating! And we used the sauna afterwards. I feel AMAZING right now! We tried Body Combat today (only did 20 mins though due to my asthma) and we're trying Zumba tomorrow, I'm excited!
My friend did SBD for 2 weeks a while ago and said she couldn't last because it made it so difficult for her to do her cardio. I haven't noticed that and I really hope I don't!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm totally on plan too Debbie! Take care!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Cyndi -- MMMmmmmmm...scapes!! Love them.
Closed Thread