3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SBD On Plan Thread, Oct.10-16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/244822-sbd-plan-thread-oct-10-16-a.html)

Lexxiss 10-10-2011 05:36 AM

SBD On Plan Thread, Oct.10-16

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

jenne1017 10-10-2011 07:55 AM

Ph2
B: 2 Kashi waffles with PB and maple agave, 2 coffees with half and half and splenda
S: 4 slices of RF cheddar cheese (ate two slices late tonight! I can't get rid of this craving.)
L: salad (no protein - too full from all the coffee)
S: cottage cheese
D: buffalo chicken tenders and raw veggies

EmmaD 10-10-2011 03:57 PM

Hard to plan today. I have a cold which makes me grumpy. But I will drag myself to a yoga class.
I might revise later; this doesn't look like enough food but nothing sounds good.

Phase 2

B - coffee w/ us almond milk
Yoga class
Lunch/late breakfast - Grilled cheese (Ezekiel bread, Smart Balance, Tillamook sharp cheddar, sliced tomatoes), split pea soup, water w/ a splash of us cranberry juice
S - cuppa hot tea with us almond milk
S - Greek yogurt with wild blueberries
D - going to a huge salad bar restaurant - will get soup for sure and a spinach-based salad, dressed only w/ balsamic vinegar and a splash of olive oil

Usernametaken 10-10-2011 09:37 PM

b-pb toast
l-ww pasta w/ veggies
d-ww stromboli w/ big salad

zestfest 10-10-2011 11:01 PM

B: 2 scrambled eggs with spaghetti squash and tomato sauce and cheese. coffee with cream/whole milk.
L: Spinach salad with chicken breast and cheese, olive oil and vinegar. swiss chard with pine nuts.
S: Handful of almonds
D: Asparagus with balsamic vinegar, coconut soup with clams.
S: Apple

Exercise: 20 minute Pilates

jenne1017 10-11-2011 09:44 AM

Ph2

B: 2 Kashi Whole Grain waffles, maple agave and coffee with half-and-half and splenda
S: V-8 and cottage cheese
L: PB&J (SF) on WW sandwich thin
S: Cucumbers and carrots with hummus (2 servings of it in fact!)
D: Roti, matter paneer
S: popcorn

skinnyinthedesert 10-11-2011 10:35 AM

Hi! I'm phase 1 and I have a question.

I made the mock cornmeal and spicy beef today. And I really liked the cornmeal. Would it be OK if I made that on it's own and ate it with, like a vegetable stew (one that's OK on SBD of course!) I'm trying to think of recipes but I tend to lean towards a vegetarian diet so I'm thinking this might help open up more options for me :)

Thanks!

Jenskihere 10-11-2011 11:58 AM

B: WAY too much coffee
2 eggs with FF cheese and turkey mini pep slices
whole wheat zuch bread (bad decision, will not let it ruin the rest of the day)
L: Green Monster & Turkey Pepp stick
S: 1/2 cup cottage cheese w-peaches
D:

Water, need to get back to 64oz+

Letting work stress get in my way of being successful.

shelflife 10-11-2011 12:31 PM

I'm back!!

After several months of maintaining and general sloppiness, this messy (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend has motivated me to get back on track. I'm going to do phase one for almost two weeks (until next Sunday) and will move on from there!

P1D1
Wt: 159.8
B: Chickpea & veggie casserole
Sn: Cheese stick & V8
L: Chicken and chickpea in a tomato sauce, over spinach
Sn: Laughing cow wedge and about 1 cup of edamame beans.
S: Same as lunch.

asphyxia63 10-11-2011 01:18 PM

I keep saying I need to hop back on to P1 and then I fall off the wagon even more! A lack of planning and shopping has really got me off track and I need to get back on! I am going to sit and make a grocery list tonight and get to the store tomorrow for some serious shopping!

Today:
1: coffee w lt cream and splenda, 2 fried eggs w greens, hot peppers, mozzarella
2: pb&j&banana shake w almond milk
3: chicken breast w salad (baby spinach, tomato, onion, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, capers, black olives, evoo
4: apple w almond butter

shelflife 10-11-2011 01:55 PM

Katie -- Jump back on with me! I'm pouring through my SBD cookbooks and websites planning my meals for the week and am heading out grocery shopping this aft. No day like today!

jenne1017 10-11-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyinthedesert (Post 4066576)
Hi! I'm phase 1 and I have a question.

I made the mock cornmeal and spicy beef today. And I really liked the cornmeal. Would it be OK if I made that on it's own and ate it with, like a vegetable stew (one that's OK on SBD of course!) I'm trying to think of recipes but I tend to lean towards a vegetarian diet so I'm thinking this might help open up more options for me :)

Thanks!

As long as it's one serving I think it's fine to!

asphyxia63 10-11-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelflife (Post 4066872)
Katie -- Jump back on with me! I'm pouring through my SBD cookbooks and websites planning my meals for the week and am heading out grocery shopping this aft. No day like today!

I work til 11pm tonight so it's gotta start tomorrow for me! Don't know how long I'm gonna do out for, maybe a week...but I'm in!

CyndiM 10-11-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenne1017 (Post 4067147)
As long as it's one serving I think it's fine to!

Why just one serving? It's Phase 1 and mostly beans and eggs, am I missing something?

mzKiki 10-11-2011 07:15 PM

Phase 1
B-Boiled Egg, Sausage, Cheese stick V8
L- Turkey slices & Almonds
D-Spaghetti Squash w/homemade meat sauce & Mozzarella.

Not even craving dessert but I made my cheese cake filling Neufachtel Cheese mixed with Stevia.