South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 05:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Wednesday, Sept. 28

Good morning! Only two more days left in this month! Time goes so fast as you get older. Maybe that's why I wake up so early to grab onto the day.

Yesterday was jam-packed. Claire brought me all the Fair schoolwork in the morning. We sorted and packed for delivery and I got half of the prize money into envelopes. A quick trip to town followed (no Chinese Buffet) and then delivered the bulk of the work at one school. I'm out of envelopes for the rest of the schools but will fix that today and perhaps get more delivered. My diningroom is a disaster!

Crazy weather lately with temps up close to 80 during the day. Sure don't need the fan or AC at night though. Time to switch to winter quilts. It's going to plummet on the weekend so I need to bring in some plants - basil in particular.

The dogs are telling me they want food. Kibble, AnyChick? Maybe with an egg for protein?

Here's hoping for an easy hump today.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - no thanks on the kibble, but coffee would be great! Sounds like your day as always was packed!

My day was a bit crazy yesterday too. Got up at 5:45 to prep supper, and with that and getting the kids ready, didn't finish til they walked out the door at 7:30. Went to the "Y" and got some laps in, and then off to a very busy day at work. If I get a lunch (I did yesterday!) I try to run home and feed my sick kitty...he hasn't been doing very well . I've never had to put one of my own down, I am so loathing it. He has been such a wonderful companion.

Today is not so bad though...off to meet a friend for coffee, then work, and maybe a run? Tonight is "man's night out", where DH is off on his own, he typically goes for a bike ride and stops at his favorite place for dinner, so I get the kids. He needs his weekly escape!

Hope all is well with you chicks!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Let Disney & Jazz have my portion of kibble, Ruth, but I appreciate your offer. I'll settle for just coffee, please.

I'm sorry about your sick kitty, Twynn, and hope she recovers. Do you and the kids have anything fun planned while Daddy is enjoying his night out?

We just had a nasty thunderstorm, and I hope that's all the rain we get for the day. The ground and streams just can't handle any more. I think we've had more rain the last two months than we get in an entire year.

I'm hoping to get home in time to pick the last crop of peppers, and Jake is asking for sausage & peppers for his supper tonight. That sounds good to me, too, although I'll make mine with veggie sausage and have it over shiratake. If I do make it to the garden, I know there are 3 eggplant that should be ready to pick, and probably another harvest of chard, too.

Ooops, coffee mug is empty. How'd that happen?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The cats would love some kibble though they prefer cat-sized bits. They get wet food and think crunchies are the greatest thing ever.

Ruth - It is strange weather but I'll take the warm days as long as I can get them. I do wish the darned lawn would stop growing though.

Twynn - Sorry about your kitty
Hope today is a little more relaxing

Cottage - Hm, wonder if those storms are heading our way? I hate to close the house up but better check the forecast before I leave. We had sausage and peppers last Thursday and will probably have more soon. It's just never the same once the local peppers are gone.

I am off to see Julie again this morning. Yesterday the tube came out and today they will do another echo. If all is well she will finally get to come home. We both need a few days of rest and relaxation. So far this week I've missed my turn off the highway, left my headlights on and car unlocked all day and smacked my head off the frame of my car (that left a lovely egg on my forehead). I think we both need some rest We are not drama people and the last month with the flooding, impending surgery and now this are just so not our speed. I miss dull.

Heading north every day has really given me an opportunity to watch the leaves. It's so amazing to see the color change a little every day. I do love fall even if I don't love what comes after. I need to spend some time in the garden and yard this weekend. The temps have allowed me to ignore what's coming and it's time to get some serious yard work done.

Hope your hump day is a breeze
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi everyone,

Twynn, I hope your kitty kat gets better!

Cyndi, Good luck with everything at the hospital.

I am doing okay, just got up, and am about to finish getting ready for work. I was really bad on my eating yesterday, but I guess we can allow ourselves some cheats now and then. Now, back on track. Well in 2 days, I am leaving to go see family, yay! I am feeling a little better from the surgery just still some cramps and tiredness.

Have a great day everyone!

Amy
Old 09-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Thought I would jump in early, for some reason my stomach is a bit upset this morning, nothing major just off.

Ruth- no thanks on the kibble hehe

Twynn- hope your kitty gets to feeling better.

Cyndi- hope Julie gets to come home today

to everyone else

Today have meetings and more meetings. Tonight DD2 has Dance class, last night it was soccer game, she keeps me hopping. DD1 passed her CNA certification so she was happy about that now to get accepted to Nursing school.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all.

I've got a lot of meetings today and left my phone at home. Aww darn! Talk with you all later!

Last edited by jenne1017; 09-28-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Howdy!

Nice morning off here before working later today at 12:30. Next week I have to close every night while training in my new manager. Eek!

Yesterday watching my niece and nephew was a blast! That doesn't get to happen often enough, I told my sister I would do it every day if she needed me! They are in preschool and 1st grade and are just at the most fun ages ever.

I am still up 2 lbs. I'm not really sure why, but I'm getting frustrated! I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if it is just fluctuation, but I'm hoping it's the latter of course. Do any of you have pretty big fluctuations that last a few days?

We are in the early stages of house hunting (our lease is up next June, so we'll start really looking in the spring), and I discovered the house of my absolute dreams yesterday. It is in an unbelievable neighborhood and is a knockout mid-century modern in the Frank Lloyd Wright style. I am looking at it online about once ever ten minutes The odds of it having come down about 30k and still being for sale are extremely slim, but I'm having a lot of faith right now.

Ruth - Your days are so busy! We buy this sausage for dogs that we cut up as treats and I have *almost* wanted to try it a couple times because it just smells like tasty beef jerky
Twynn - What is the kitty struggling with? My mom had to put down her kitty about 6 months ago, and she was so sad to do it, she met me and had me bring him in. It turned out I was a wreck when I never planned it, so at the last minute I had to call Chessa and have her meet me there to hold my hand while it happened. I was still proud to go through it on my mom's behalf, but it was much more emotional than I would have thought!
Cottage - How exactly do you make sausage and peppers? I have to admit, I never have!
Cyndi - I hope the drama dies down very soon for you. I love all the fall leaves too. How do you make sausage and peppers?
Amy - Have a good day at work, hope you're back on track!

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Hi Pearl and Jenn!

Jenn, to answer your question from yesterday, I had to terminate a manager of mine. It was scary but went alright!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

I had a talk with my hubby this morning about the wonky scale. I'm doing everything right and it is not moving! He said, "I'm not looking at this as a diet. I'm looking at this as how I have to eat the rest of my life." That's easy for him to say. He's lost 20+ in 6 weeks! But, he is right (darn it!) I am going to TRY to not be so focused on the numbers and remember -- Healthy Lifestyle, NOT Skinny Butt!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I have a very unexciting day planned which includes buying new underwear of all things. Mine are all falling apart at once and they are not made anymore so I finally, after trial and error and much pulling of panties that creep, found some I like enough to stock up. Woo hoo for comfy undies! Costco might be on the agenda too; I hope there are no sample ladies today since I've been having a hard time passing them by lately. Tonight DH is testing some gluten-free cookies that we'll bring to dinner at friends tomorrow. I can smell them already. Sigh. And I found he has a secret candy stash. I guess I need to ask him to hide it better since it has been on my mind all morning. We never rode bikes yesterday so we are heading out soon this morning. We are having a great streak of weather here but could use some rain.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Julie is home, the scary test was negative and we will spend the next 4 days mostly resting (other than her class Friday morning). thanks everyone
Old 09-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I'm glad you are home, Cyndi. It's always good to sleep in your own bed.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

A strange day….I posted on several other threads this morning then wasn't able to post on the daily. Well you know me..I don't miss a day. Slept in, then dentist w/Kirk, drove towards Aspen looking for peaches, drop off at the thrift store (Ruth mentioned Flylady's 27 Pitch), then to the pool to retrieve my bike which I left there yesterday. I had a very heated ride (81 degrees) a mile up a hill to meet Kirk at Lowe's now I'm home and don't plan to go anywhere. Survivor and homemade pizza/salad tonight!

Twynn, sorry to hear about kitty but glad you can go see him at lunch.

Cyndi, (ouch for your egg-head)

Ruth, kudos for yet another pass by on the Chinese buffet! We passed one up today in your honor!

Linda, I hope you're getting to your garden!

Chelby, I'm so glad your hubby is onboard!

Karen, I detest when I find the candy stash!!!! I hope it's re-hidden by now.

Angie, I often have fluxuations and don't sweat it. The house you like so much does sound like a dream.

jenne,

Pearlrose, I hope you're feeling better! Congrats to DD1 on passing certifs.

Amy, nice you get to go visit your family!

Ok, time to go visit my Beck friends then it's me time!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, Hooray for Julie finally being sprung from the hospital! I hope it's all up hill now until her surgery date. How's your head? Did you get a black and blue bruise?

Angie, sausage & peppers are easy to make. Slice and seed several bell peppers and saute them in olive oil in a heavy skillet with some onions and a little garlic. I cover them until they soften up, then uncover and let them cook til they're done to my liking. In the meantime, I cook hot or sweet Italian sausage links in the oven until done. Then I toss the whole shebang together and serve it either on rolls or over pasta. Sometimes I add some tomatoes to it, too, depending on my mood.
Closed Thread