Starbucks question

• So I love Starbucks Frappucinos and I've always got the light option which is skim milk and I get the sugar free syrup. Curious if anyone knows if the coffee base they use is SB friendly?
  • It is not it has sugar as an ingredient.sorry!
  • Eek! I didn't know that. I'll every so often get a skinny latte myself.
  • Oh noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
  • I'd go for an iced skinny latte instead.
  • Yeah it's the frappe mix that has sugar.
  • Quote: Yeah it's the frappe mix that has sugar.
    Oh, just the frappe mix, not the normal coffee, right? I mean that would be strange... I LOVE starbucks and it's one of my favorite treats. I always get a latte with low fat milk and I'd be really bummed if I had to give it up because they sneak sugar into it.
  • Oh no! If you get a nonfat latte with sugar free syrup it's fine, it's the frappucinos that cannot be made sugar free
  • the coffee in the drinks should just be straight espresso. you can have it black, with milk, without added sugar, in a plain latte....
  • Guess it will be the sugar free skinny vanilla lattes from now on. Booooooooo! Thanks everyone!
  • Try the sugar free cinnamon latte- it's pretty good!
  • My daily is a tall skinny hazelnut latte!
  • If you want a cold, milky coffee drink, I would suggest an iced coffee with milk. Request nonfat milk. Also make sure to request no classic syrup (this comes with iced coffees and teas) you can replace it with a sugar free syrup!

Of course skinny lattes are good ideas too, but just mentioning the Iced coffee because it has less milk and therefore less calories.

(I work at starbucks! )
  • I always get an unsweetened ice coffee. I add Splenda and half and half (or skim milk) and add a dash of cinnamon OR I keep a bottle of SF DaVinci syrup at my desk and will add a dash or two of that.