3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Question re: TJ's WW pizza dough... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/243782-question-re-tjs-ww-pizza-dough.html)

southmplsgirl 09-24-2011 09:43 PM

Question re: TJ's WW pizza dough...

So today I bought the refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough at Trader Joe's...it is 100% whole wheat. However, when I got home, I realized that sugar is an ingredient. The sugars are less than 1 gram in nutritional info for a whole pizza's worth.

I am wondering what I do with this. Any wisdom on if less than 1 gram of sugar is going to affect me or if it is to be avoided? I had it tonight with some pesto, chicken, veggies and cheese as toppings and it didn't give me cravings or anything. I had four slices (half of the thin crust pizza) and didn't finish what was on my plate. I'm just curious if this is something I can have even though there is a very small amount of sugar in the dough.

Thanks for any seasoned knowledge you may be able to impart on me. :D

cottagebythesea 09-24-2011 09:53 PM

I think it's fine to use, and I've used it myself on occasion.

southmplsgirl 09-24-2011 10:04 PM

Awesome, thanks cottage. It was delish!

hpnodat 09-25-2011 01:09 AM

They have to put some sugar in all yeasty breads right. Doesn't it have to be there to feed the yeast?

Generally when choosing breads I choose something that has less than 2 g of sugar/serving. I think that is the recommendation.

CyndiM 09-25-2011 06:02 AM

Yes, yeast needs some sugar to rise AFAIK. I've bought this dough too when we were eating wheat. It was definitely convenient and never caused any cravings for me.

Ruthxxx 09-25-2011 06:38 AM

I find a whole wheat pita is even more convenient but I'm a thin crust person.

cottagebythesea 09-25-2011 07:52 AM

My latest love for a pizza crust is a whole wheat naan. :drool:

CyndiM 09-25-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottagebythesea (Post 4045951)
My latest love for a pizza crust is a whole wheat naan. :drool:

I got into trouble with those yesterday. They are soooo good. If I had any self control I'd use them occasionally.

cottagebythesea 09-25-2011 08:21 AM

I know what you mean, Cyndi. Thank goodness they come only two to a package. One for Jake, and one for me. I buy them as a treat about once a month. They could easily become addictive!

southmplsgirl 09-25-2011 08:27 AM

Yum those both sound tasty!

I was going in to dinner at my restaurant with my family after work, so I knew if I brought the dough in I could make the cooks whip me up a fantastic pizza in the wood burning oven (they have to take special requests from their boss :D )
It really was tasty but I don't think I'd do it all the time, more of a special treat.

WaistingTime 09-25-2011 08:45 AM

I use whole wheat flat breads. Yum. I've also tried portobello pizzas which were okay and someday will finally try the cauliflower pizza.