3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   240 hates me (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/243265-240-hates-me.html)

hpnodat 09-17-2011 04:19 PM

240 hates me

I've been stuck on 240 for 5 days. Based on how I've been losing I should have at least dropped 1/2 lb. I think the reason is because I've introduced something in my diet that's caused my weight loss to slow down. This is what I'm supposed to be looking out for in Ph2 right?
I think it's wheat flour. :(
I guess I'll ease up on it for a few days and see what happens.

Dear God, please don't let it be the wheat flour!! :^:

I really want to eat bread...

RRB2 09-17-2011 04:23 PM

Is that wheat flour or whole wheat flour? I've been successful with baking with buckwheat flour.

WaistingTime 09-17-2011 06:04 PM

That might be one cause. But keep in mind that weight loss is not linear and you will often slow down or stall or seemingly gain despite staying on track. That's just the way most of our bodies work. You certainly can't go wrong to back off the flour and see what happens. Or, give it a while longer. I think many people find that grains have them retain some amount of water weight and that could be what's happening.

hpnodat 09-17-2011 06:25 PM

RRB2, It's 100% whole wheat. :)

WT, I have been feeling kind of bloated the last few days and one day I woke up feeling like I had gained but when I stepped on the scale I was still 240. Sometimes I go like 2 weeks with out losing anything at all and then all of a sudden whoosh, 2-4 lbs will be gone.

On a more positive note, I went closet shopping and I can now wear the smallest sizes in my closet which are size 20's. This means I'll need to go actual store shopping before long! I haven't been able to wear these clothes in at least 3-4 years.

jenne1017 09-18-2011 02:50 PM

hpno

I think it could be wheat - maybe go back to eating it once a day, every other day? I seem to stall a bit when I've eaten WW products every day. I seem to do better weight-loss wise when I go Ph2, Ph1, Ph2 in Ph2, get what I mean?

YeahYeah 09-19-2011 02:40 PM

Oh girl, I feel ya! I was stuck on 240 for over a month, now I've been stuck on 239 for 3 weeks! Jamaican me crazy!!!!
Congrats for fitting into your old clothes! It's the best best best feeling. Good luck with figuring out what works for you, as I'm doing the same.

hpnodat 09-26-2011 08:06 AM

FINALLY!!! I finally broke 240! I wanted to make sure since yesterday when I stepped on the scale it said 238. This morning it said 237! I was stuck at 240 for over 2 weeks. 2 weeks really isn't that long but it felt like an eternity to me. I cant imagine what it feels like to be stalled for 3 months or more like I have heard people talk about happen to them.

hpnodat 09-26-2011 08:12 AM

Oh and it was NOT the wheat flour. I'm still not sure what it was.

CyndiM 09-26-2011 08:16 AM

:woohoo: Nice to see the scale moving for you again :)

When I was actively losing I used to whoosh a lot. I'd stall for ages then drop then stall again. It was a little frustrating but I did get used to it