South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily Chat, 8/25

Anyone out there to join me for the first cup of the day? I'm up and will be out of here shortly, as I'm picking up the girls by 6am and driving down to Bethany Beach, DE. Audrey is going to stay with her friend for a few days (getting back before the hurricane !), and Maggie and I are just going for the day to enjoy the beach.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmm....the coffee is perfect, thanks!

I did not sleep well last night, and then this strong storm started hitting us...so not going back to sleep! I'm afraid to look at the radar, we're supposed to be tent camping this weekend. Maybe not!

Drive safely cottage! Sounds like fun to be at the beach!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I was actually sleeping in this morning.

Cottage - the beach sounds lovely. I'm looking forward to some beach time soon.

Today has turned hectic. There was an issue on this side of the state and I've been asked to help out. Unfortunately I'm already scheduled to be on the other side of the mountains this morning. So lots of driving in the middle of the day but I do love the mountains.

DW and I are supposed to go out on a bird and whale watch this Saturday. We are watching the forecast to try to figure out how high the waves will be and if it will be cancelled. Nothing worse than driving down, paying for a hotel then not being able to get out on a boat. We will decide by this afternoon.

Happy Thursday everyone

ETA - Good morning Twynn Where were you planning to camp? It does look like it might not be the best weekend for it. Wish you were closer. We have some camping equipment we want to rehome.

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-25-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! Weather worries! I didn't realize there is another hurricane heading this way. Usually we just get wind and rain up here but my nephew's wedding is Saturday and it's supposed to be outside at the Farm. Safe trips to you trippers!

Gloomy and gray here this morning. I picked the last of my beans yesterday afternoon, kept some for myself and shared the rest with neighbours. I am still getting lots of tomatoes and have yet another batch of slices in the dehydrator. I may make a tomato sauce today. The freezer is starting to get crowded. It may be time for a purge of outdated stuff.

Great news yesterday as the Mill got a huge grant - nearly $50K. That will take a lot of financial pressure away, especially for payroll. The summer students are nearly finished - two gone already - and I do have finishing up stuff for them but I'm hoping for a breathing space. The Mill closes to the public on Labour Day although we do conduct tours on request.

Time to tackle the day, whatever it brings. I am definitely spending time at the sewing machine this morning.

What's happening in your space of the world?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

sounds like a busy day for all! the beach sounds fabulous. wish I were going there

today at work we have our end of period meeting so I'm having an office day at my restaurant then heading to our corporate office for meetings this afternoon.
tonight is the first night so far where I don't have any good ideas for dinner! so far I've made the taco pie, chicken divan, deep dish spaghetti squash pizza, and chicken tikka masala with chickpeas. any favorites that I haven't tried that would be good for me to try tonight?

I'm one week into phase one and down 7 pounds!! I need some advice though.when I started phase one I knew that this weekend would be my gf's birthday,mn state fair, some birthday dinners with both sides of family, etc. I knew I'd eat some non southbeach stuff for sure but didn't want to put off starting any longer bc of yet another excuse! my plan was to eat some non south beach this weekend and then do two more weeks of phase one after this weekend? any other advice or ideas? I'm definitely planning to eat more consciously than usual but I know there will be things I choose to eat that aren't phase one friendly, yet I have also seen so much about a clean full two wk phase one. I'd love any thoughts on this and thanks in advance!

well I'm off to get my day started. stay safe all you storm recipients!!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all,

Lots of severe weather in DC - Hurricane Irene set to hit Sat/Sun, just in time for the move!!! Oye! Then it's off to New Mexico for work before coming back for one day and then heading off to the cruise. Was down 2 pounds this morning...hope I can make those last 2 for my goal before we leave. It will be rough while traveling in NM but I am sure I can do it! Plus, the gym hotel will be there. My boss and I might hit Santa Fe for the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit as well. Busy times...

Great loss SouthMplsgirl!

Ruth, can I be your neighbor??

Stay safe Cyn - the whales can wait! They will batten down the hatches too!

Twynn - we had an aftershock here, 4.5 - maybe you felt it and it woke you? Hope you get some better sleep tonight!

Morning Cottage! We love the beaches in DE though a bit rougher than NJ. Stay safe!

Last edited by jenne1017; 08-25-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #7  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! Pretty busy Thursdays all around. Today I've got work, then a meeting with my volunteer group, then gonna go see my horsie for a bit. Just can't wait for the weekend - I need some more sleep!

Stay safe with all the weather craziness happening!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi

Busy morning....slowing down for a bit. I have baking to do for DH's picnic this evening. (and a super duper salad) The pool was nice this morning, but we had an appt. right after that we had to get to. Tired...oh, well.

jenne, I ate 100% healthy in Santa Fe. Lot's better options than there used to be!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
jenne, I ate 100% healthy in Santa Fe. Lot's better options than there used to be!
Good. I ordered healthy for catering (hummus, tzatziki, salad options, etc.) but am worried a bit about eating at the airport, on the plane, dinners. I am sure I will be ok. Just need to plan ahead in between the hurricane move and leaving at 3a
Closed Thread