South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 05:44 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, August 20-21

Good Morning

We've made it to another weekend! It's a travel day here. We'd probably be heading down the road already, but for our houseguest, Leroy, who seems to sleep a little more regular than we do. Good for him! Kirk did mention that when we were all ready we could just make some noise and he would probably wake up.

Yesterday was remarkable, regarding my relationship with food. It was one of those days I absolutely love! I was in my groove with food and my attitude just seemed to flow with it. Perhaps I can chalk up a few more. Of course, our pool awaits on the other side. We may just get there early enough to enjoy a morning dip before all the tourists finish breakfast.

I've been making a master list of fun dinners and it might be a week of calm ahead where I can expand my horizons. I already pulled some salmon out of the freezer and I'll remember my WW phyllo so I can try a new apple thingie for Kirk's TBI picnic on Thursday. They're bringing KFC fried chix....I'm going to request some regular roast. Surely someone else will be thinking a little healthier.

Ok...chatty this morning....that's my story...What's on your agenda this weekend? Stop by and say hello!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chatty and early, Debbie, but you sound like you have now given food temptations strong obedience training! "Down." (Can you tell this week has been like living in a kennel for me?) I absolutely detest KFC. I ate too much of it when I was working a lot of OT and needed to feed my kids fast. Bad Mommy!

Another lovely dinner and evening with the Pypers at the Lake. They have to be out of there by noon today but were as relaxed and as much fun as usual. I guess this morning will be a whirlwind for them. They need to be out of there by noon so I will be down to two dogs this afternoon. It's been a fun week although I have felt a bit tied down.

This afternoon I'll be checking the table settings for tonight's gourmet event at the Mill and I also will to finish some alterations so I have something fairly decent to wear. Jeans and a t-shirt just will not do tonight. Tomorrow afternoon I test ten dogs for the pet therapy programme and jeans and a TPOC t-shirt will be exactly the right outfit. Sometimes I thing "we are what we wear" might be true. I feel much better in something I like. (Methinks it's time for a t-shirt purge again!)

The tomatoes did get made into salsa this week but they are still happening. I've been slicing and drying them. They will make neat dippers for hummus, I think. My potato experiment did not work - they turned gray! Back to zucchini chips!

So what's happening in your life this second last weekend in August?
Old 08-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning! I'm glad someone is bright and perky this morning, as I'm sure not. Hopefully, coffee will get my gears in motion.

Deb, hurray for a day of clean eating and getting back on track yesterday! Have a safe trip and I hope your houseguest is stirring by now.

We had the mother of all storms come through last evening. Hail! Rain! Hurricane winds! Thunder and lightening! It was quite something. The yard is a mess with debris and pretty soggy right now, but I'm anxious to venture out and survey the damage to the garden. We had lots of tomatoes about ready for picking, and I fear for them.
Well, Jake is ready and wanting to go over to the diner for breakfast, so I'd better go blowdry my hair. I'll be back later to catch up.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Dorothy was right - there is not place like home! I am so glad to be out of the car after all those hours driving. My eating was horrible. I am going to be 100% on track today and the days that follow.

Debbie - I am hoping my days are just like yours was!

Ruth - Homemade salsa - yum.

Linda - Hopefully there isn't much damage.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3fc usc.jpg (40.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 08-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a quick fly by this weekend. I've spent the morning finishing chores and getting ready for my overnight up north. No internet tomorrow but I'll pop in and say hello when I'm back home. Have a good weekend friends!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #6  

Karen, I'm glad you're home safe and sound after your trip. You are so right; it's fun to go away, but there's no place like home. That's a nice picture of your and your DS, and I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who's kids tower over them.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Hey Linda - you are SO right about those storms last night - I stepped into the back yard - to a downed tree.
GREAT day . . .

OY!!!

Be well -
Old 08-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Evening all!

We spent the day in our new hometown - went to see the new apartment (since we got another apt with a fireplace and hadn't seen it yet) and loved it, signed the papers and then explored the area. I am so sick to my tummy knowing we're moving a week from today.

So I may be MIA a bit this week/next weekend. Just an FYI! Hope Sunday is fun for all. We'll be in the basement, packing...
Old 08-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Happy Sunday, Beachers. Life is back to normal today as I am a two dog house once again. Disney and Jazz spent a lot of time napping after their furry pals left yesterday.

Today I have Church, some relaxation and then will spend the afternoon testing ten dogs for pet therapy. It certainly has been a doggy week!

Dinner at the Mill went very well last night. We certainly celebrated l"Local Flavours" as all the food and wine came from a 50 K radius. (That's 31 miles or a half hour drive!) Too bad we can't do that in winter. It was a lovely evening with soft jazz, great food and wine and a charming dinner companion. Today I need to balance the "loot" and see if we really did raise some money.

Hope your Sunday is filled with just the right balance of fun and a wee bit of work.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #10  

The air this morning has that clamminess that makes you feel uncomfortable. Ugh. I'll be glad when this humidity finally clears out. It really saps my energy.
Friday night's storm did a job on our garden, and we only have a few pepper and tomato plants left, and a lone eggplant. Not even the chard survived the hail. So I think I'll put on my muck boots and start pulling out the ruined plants, and cut back the chard and hope it comes back. It's strange, but all my flowers are just fine.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #11  

Great. Just heard the weatherman warn us that more gusty thunderstorms with heavy downpours are due this afternoon.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Just in from coffee on the porch and we are muggy too although it's 68ºF. Go figure. Linda, the chard definitely will come back - I'm on the third crop from the few plants in my raised bed.

Just decided to NOT go to Church but to get the bank deposit ready and go tot he night depository at the bank. I have way too much cash in the house right now and am getting a tad nervous. The liquor store was robbed Friday night. Lots of folks know we had a big dinner at the Mill last night and that I'm the treasurer. When I got Citizen of the Year, everything was listed in the papers!

Of course I do have fierce guard dogs on duty!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Tonight we go out to dinner for my nephew's 7th birthday. He chose the restaurant: Italian. I've already checked the menu and chosen my non-pasta meal. Was very pleasantly surprised by a phone call from my teen yesterday. Between that and what I've seen on his facebook page (which he finally let me see not long ago!), he seems to be having a good time. Not much else happening here. Have a great day.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've got an "interesting" and challenging day ahead. We were both tired when we arrived yesterday and DH was over the edge grumpy. I deal with stress better....I have to get my class prep done for tomorrow, which includes the 10 min. meditation. I felt like cancelling last night but recognize this is important for "me". I'm going to take the pup to my friends' home today, if morning is grumpy again...

Ruth, sounds like you've got a good Sunday planned...getting rid of the cash is a good idea.

Linda, sorry to hear about the garden. Your storm even made national news yesterday.

Karen, I loved the picture! Glad to hear DS is doing well. Good plan for tonight. There never seems to be a shortage of special food events.

bea, I hope the tree didn't cause too much damage. Hang in there!

jenne, what is your new town's name? I remember cruising through some cute spots near DC but that was 25 years ago.

Ok, off to my meditation...shhh...I'm not going to wake anyone here!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Debbie - moving to Gaithersburg, MD! It's north and west of DC (we're south and a bit east now).
Closed Thread