South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Wednesday, June 29

Good morning all: today is the first day of camp! I feel a little like Alice down the rabbit hole with this transition. During the school year I have a very set routine in them morning: when we leave the house, we meet a friend and walk to school together, and then I walk to work through the park. This happens every day and things happen at exactly the same time each day. With camp the routine is totally different: I walk my son to the bus much earlier and then I come back home and shower and get ready for work. I know it sounds picayune, but life looks completely different with this switch.

In any case: one thing this means is that I have to get up a half hour earlier (sigh) to get my exercise in but I really need it. Since I was going to the school each day at lunch last week my only exercise was walking at lunch, and it wasn't really strenuous enough for me to feel any effect. I'd been doing quite a bit of exercise so maybe a break was good...back in the groove as of today.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning! :cup:

Matilda, I know exactly what you mean about a change in routine making your day feel different. By the time you get used to it, it will be time to change it again for school to start. I hope you adjust easily, and hope your DS enjoys his camp.

I had a very easy day yesterday, went in late and got off early. That's a rarity! I suspect I'll be making up for it today. But the girls are leaving right after camp tomorrow for a weekend getaway, and my long weekend will begin.
I will be spending this morning at Susie & Ramsay's until I pick up the girls at noon, and I think the storms are finally out of here so we can enjoy a swim this afternoon.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Matilda, and thanks for starting us up on your busy morning. I'm sure you'll adjust to your revised routine quickly. Change is sometimes a good thing.

The weatherman warned us of a huge storm coming last night but Disney didn't show her usual signs of storm panic and she was right. We are a bit cooler this morning which is a good thing after yesterday's high humidity. I planted the last two new planters in the Village mid-afternoon and it was awful out there! I finished my own veggie garden in the morning while it was still reasonable.

This morning I plan to finish the Mill Tax Return and get it outta here. I may drive it to town to drop it off and do a bit of poking around the shops. On the other hand, I could express mail it which would save me money in the long run. We'll see how the day unfolds.

It's the last day of school for the children around here and tomorrow I go around and pick up the Fair Schoolwork - I need to shovel the earth and planting debris out of my car before then!

Happy Hump Day, Beachers!

ETA: Good morning, Cottage. I hope today is a good day and you can gracefully segue into your long weekend.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just stuff this morning and I'm not too chatty. I'm heading over the mountains. Maybe I'll see a moose. Guess it's a real Hump Day here.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' chicks...

Matilda - it's so weird that he gets out so late. He rides a bus to camp? Hope you adjust to your schedule okay. Come the start of school in the fall, you'll probably wake up a half hour early out of habit!

Cottage - glad you had an easy day yesterday, hope you enjoyed it! Have fun today!

Ruth - can we pay Disney, sounds like she's more accurate!

Cyndi - hope you have a beautiful drive!

It's my surgery day at work, and nothing is scheduled (oh darn!). Going to meet a long lost friend for breakfast, then mop the floors while the kids aren't home (that oughtta keep 'em clean for a good 6 hours! LOL!). I would love to go on another trail run, but after 7 miles with I'd guess a 1,000 elevation change, I'm afraid I'll injure myself.

The weather is near perfect today.....70 and sunny! Have a great day!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth and Cyndi,

Cyndi, hope your day goes well.

Ruth, Cindy's dog, Molly, gets frantic and panics at the least threat of storms, and we've been putting a Thunder Shirt on her. It's amazing how much it calms her down! Maybe that would work for Disney?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone. Working out with my mom today instead of Friday. Have some various errands to run now that the car is back. I was pleasantly surprised that the brake work only cost $500 DH christened the new washer/dryer with his stinky exercise clothes and, sure enough, they came out smelling much better than in the past. Life is pretty boring when the highlight is the laundry
Old 06-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Morning all. We are camping this week (although I am coming home at night to shower and I have to work today). I am completely out of sorts....I don't like camping but my family does so I go but I am grumpy, can't eat camp food, headachy, and grumpy (yes, x's 2). So tonight, I think I am taking a night off and trying to let go and make myself enjoy it (UGH). Hoping a couple of drinks will help. LOL! CAn't wait till everyone is home and back to normal though. Is it Friday yet?
Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

Ruth - are you sprucing up the house for Will and Kate.

Matilda - is always a wonder how a little change in routine throws us off.

Cottage - enjoy the swim this afternoon.

Cyndi - hope your drive is a relaxing one in the mountains. Its so lovely out that way.

Twynn - your weather is perfect, enjoy

Karen - excitement over washer and dryer is good. Enjoy the calm.

Kristen - enjoy your family.

me - I have been going to physio and massage therapy., Although my dr. isn't too communicative, the physio told me that I have some degeneration in the back and also osteoarthritis which was aggravated by gardening. Suggested I wear a belt while gardening. I can't believe that it would cause so much pain.
take care
Sophie
Old 06-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, quick flyby for me.

Monday and Tuesday we were locked out of our bldg at work due to water/contamination issue so we had to work at different location which just made things crazy. I have the ability to work from home but needed to be there to arrange everything.

Anyways back to our normal routine so to speak. No swim meets again until July 9th so I am enjoying that. DD2 Wii game in which I got for her birthday contemplating buying a wii fit for it. I think we are going to try the Zumba first. Is the Wii fit just strengthening and yoga? Or does it also have aerobics?

Okay gotta get back to work lots to catch up on. Hope everyone has a great day
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well... the best laid plans ...

I had planned to finish the Mill tax crud this morning but Donna's husband, Ted, who has terminal cancer, just had a heart attack and is in hospital. I am puppy sitting Lulu who is six weeks old. She's a Yorki-Poo and really tiny so supervision will be needed with my two "big" beasts. Looks like the tax return will be late because one can't say no to a friend!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #12  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy hump day

Ruth - So sorry to hear about your friend's husband. That is very nice of you to watch their dog.

Matilda - I totally feel you with the change in schedule! The beginning routines of the day can really affect how the rest of the day goes so it's tough to change things around.

WaistingTime - Glad everything went smoothly with washer, dryer, and van. Functioning households definitely make life much easier.

Cottage - I had the opposite of your day yesterday - got there early and left late! Oh well, the universe has its way of evening itself out. Enjoy your long weekend.

Cyndi - Good luck moose-spotting!

TywnnB- Sounds like you have a productive yet not overly stressful day ahead of you. A 7 mile trail run sounds pretty intense, no matter what the elevation!

kmac1196 - Sounds like you're routine is getting all thrown off too! Brownie points for being a good sport with your family. Enjoy some relaxation time tonight.

sophie - Glad you're seeing your doctors and doing what you need to do. Hope it brings you quick healing.

Pearlrose - Water contamination?!?! Thats pretty serious. Hope you're careful today - Lysol and hand sanitizers are your friends!

I got sunburned on my face this past weekend, and while I was slathering on lotion 20 times a day, my nose and forehead has started peeling. Its not painful - I'm just self conscious at work about it. Yesterday I did about 10 minutes of FLY-ing at the house and boy what a difference even a few minutes can make. I'm still not unpacked from the trip, but I'm feeling more in control of my surroundings. Feels good
Old 06-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Great day here!!

The carpenter ants in DD2's bedroom are under warranty for treatment, the cat who got locked in the attic by the Orkin man managed to "MROWW" out the attic rafters and got my attention while I was in the backyard before I left for the day, AND I got the fiberglass insulation OUT of her fur BEFORE she ingested it.

I have an angel on my shoulder for sure! In my family, we say "the Lord watches out for fools and small children, and she sure has her hands full with me."

Ruth - Thoights and prayers for your friend and her husband. Smooches for the little "dog" (chuckle).

Matilda - I have found that that extra half hour makes a HUGE difference in my outlook on the day - just having a little alone time (even if it is to exercise) is glorious.

Karen - I LOVE when DH's sweaty stuff comes out smelling like, well, the kids' clothes! TRIUMPH!

Cottage - Just got out of the pool with my girls - hope you made it into yours!

Cyndi - PICTURES!! I want MOOSE PHOTOS . . .

TywnnB- How far do you usually run? I have been working up to 6ish so far - hoping to complete a half marathon in September, but nervous that I will never make it that far . . .

kmac1196 - Chuckle - I actually always liked camping as long as there was a real shower involved, but I feel for you. We camped for YEARS as a family, and my father finally told my mother he hated it. We went to the beach every year after that - every one was MUCH happier!

sophie - Here's hoping the back does not give you too much trouble. I hope the physio is good to you!!

Pearlrose - My kids have the Wii, but I have NO idea what the different things do - the only things I have used were a great hula hoop "game" and a cool soccer goal keeper game. Good luck with that!

Furn - sunburn - YUCK! I keep much aloe around for just such occasions . . .

I am headed to the REAL beach on Saturday with the family, and I do not plan to be 100% OP, although I will avoid white bread, pasta, rice, pancakes, etc. There WILL be some pizza, and the shore does not have WW crust yet. Ah, well. August will be a Phase 1 redux!!

Be well -
Closed Thread