South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/167.6/155-158

Height: 5'8"

Tuesday
B: chia pudding and lf string cheese, 1/4 avocado
S: cucumber, 15 almonds
L: chicken/feta/zuccini/eggplant salad
S: nf greek yogurt
D: lf string cheese, roasted chick peas, olives, spinach pie (cheat b/c of the filo)

Last edited by Mmckellen; 06-21-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

P1D8 -

B. vegetarian egg casserole
S. greek yogurt w/chia and sf caramel syrup
L. veggie packed salad w/roasted chickpeas & feta cheese - no dressing
S. cucumber & red pepper spears w/hummus
D. taco bake over romaine
S. spoonful of peanutbutter if I need something
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #18  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

P1D8

1: chocolate cheesecake smoothie (cottage cheese, us coconut milk, cocoa powder, stevia, vanilla)
2: greek salad, 3 oz. roasted chicken
3: dealing with the dealership, may not have the stomach for anything but plan is edamame
4: cajun roasted chicken, salad

exercise: 120 min. yoga (in two 60 min. chunks), 30 min. treadmill

Last edited by zeffryn; 06-21-2011 at 09:37 PM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Day 5

Well, yesterday never really ended for me since my son was up sick all night. In the midst of throwing vomit-covered bedding in the wash at 4 am, and in a sleepless stupor I did have 1 rice crispy treat...wasn't at my clearest state of mind...but not the end of the world. Moving on...

B: coffee with lf milk and splenda, 1 egg plus 1 white
L: black bean soup
S: yogurt and cashews
D: salad with grilled chicken and tzatziki sauce

Hopefully that midnight snack won't lead to a day of cravings
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #20  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Stopfat, a serving of hummus is 1/4 cup.
Hey, that's good to know! I always thought it was 2 Tablespoons and I always wanted more - 'cause I have so many veggies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
*#$Y&##$ stressed today. My car has relatively low miles - 62k and is on the verge of needing a new engine because of a pretty major defect with the turbo and the timing chain.....does mazda fess up and recall? of course not. am I still under power train warranty? of course not. DH and I are talking to the dealer today, and if they aren't willing to budge on fixing the issue, we're going car shopping. I was *just* getting used to not having a car payment. blah. My stomach is in knots and I'm really not feeling like eating.
Oh no. I feel knots reading your story. I hope you can access your inner badass with the dealer and get it sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleInCt View Post
Day 5
Well, yesterday never really ended for me since my son was up sick all night. In the midst of throwing vomit-covered bedding in the wash at 4 am, and in a sleepless stupor I did have 1 rice crispy treat...
Ugh, so sorry about your son. I used to eat Rice Krispie treats when I was calorie-counting, so you are right, in the whole world of snack foods, they are not the worst. I hope he is better soon!
---

WELL - I don't even really have an excuse, but I have not done so well since the weekend. Had an unplanned trip that spiraled into a free-for-all. I really really REALLY need to figure out my all-or-nothing thinking. It goes way beyond not having "willpower" - it's like I am actively trying to get rid of off-plan foods (by eating them unfortunately) so I don't have to think about them... SO self-sabotaging. I realize how irrational it is but somehow I don't stop. I am very frustrated with myself. I hate feeling so weak and out of control!

This almost only happens when I am out or with others. I don't usually buy any "bad" things, so on my own territory I would have to actively seek off-plan foods - which I do sometimes, but that is more discrete and usually when I do that, I am still mentally calorie-counting - not grazing or force-feeding myself.

Anyway, I am flaky, popping in and out of these threads as I try to sort out a manageable strategy for my problem. It is not even about the weight - I am only up 3 lbs from a new low seen last month - it's about being healthy and mindful and following through. That's why I chose South Beach, as I think in general it is a really healthy eating plan....

Long story short - I am going to pursue Phase 1.5 for now since I have a lot of amazing fruit in the house right now. Kudos to all of you who are able to stick to your plans! I get so much inspiration from the stories and menus/recipes I find here.

EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #21  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi ladies,
This weekend was horrid eating-wise for me. I didn't gain any weight--thankfully! Trigger food was all around me at work, and I ate much of it!

This week, I am re-introducing oats into my plan 2x/day, everything else will be p1. Does this make me p1.5? I'm so clueless about distinguishing the phases and have read the book--3 times!

B: FF cheese omelet, oats
L: Lazy Cabbage Roll, Steamed Broccoli
S: Oats
D: Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad

I'll add more food to this when I actually eat. I can never plan meals ahead. I never know what I'll be in the mood for!
Have a great OP day everyone
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 182.5/175.6/150

Height: 5'6

I'm really hungry today. I usually calorie track but I figure today I'll just listen to my body and eat until I'm satisfied as long as it's P1 legal and I don't overdo it on fats, nuts and cheese.

B: 1 cup fat free plain yogurt
S: Cheesestring and veggies
L: Egg Salad in Butter lettuce leafs and veggies
S: 1/2 cup chickpeas and veggies
D: Pizza Squash

Does the new SBD book cover P1.5? I only have the old one and there isn't a section on it. I'm looking for more info on this phase because I'm interested in doing it for a couple of weeks before jumping into P2.
nat4crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #23  

Looks like Cottage and Zeff win this one for being the most on plan all week! I've not cheated terribly, but eaten some off plan foods (and wine) and too much yummy on plan foods. Oh well. TOM came today so by Thursday I'll weigh and see how I did.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
---

WELL - I don't even really have an excuse, but I have not done so well since the weekend. Had an unplanned trip that spiraled into a free-for-all. I really really REALLY need to figure out my all-or-nothing thinking. It goes way beyond not having "willpower" - it's like I am actively trying to get rid of off-plan foods (by eating them unfortunately) so I don't have to think about them... SO self-sabotaging. I realize how irrational it is but somehow I don't stop. I am very frustrated with myself. I hate feeling so weak and out of control!

Have you read Beck's Diet Solution? I found it really helped me with the all or nothing mentality, self-sabotaging, irrational thoughts etc. I've had the same problem with off plan foods. I remember in HS once (yrs and yrs ago) I ate an entire batch of brownies so they wouldn't be around to tempt me anymore. The book is good because it gives you techniques for counteracting those negative thoughts that prevent weight loss. Actually, I think I've just talked myself into rereading it. It's been a few months now and some of my old thinking patterns have been returning. It's a fairly easy read too.

Last edited by NicoleInCt; 06-21-2011 at 09:36 PM.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #25  
beachin'

matilda, i did just eat some dark chocolate...with almond butter. i'm in a mood and a half.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I did kinda meh today.

B: 2 fritatta squares, skinny latte
L: chili
S: crack slaw. Two servings. Yikes
D: chicken breast, asparagus.... And a few sweet potato fries. Maybe 8 or so
S: Greek yogurt with sf syrup and chia

Also, I was feeling tired and crampy from TOM and may have stolen a few of DS's goldfish... Damn those are good.

Exercise: 60 min body pump class, 20 min walk
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:17 AM   #27  

Zeff, what happened with your car?
TOM finally arrived. Now let's get rid of some of this water.

B: chia pudding, lf string cheese, avocado
S: lf greek yogurt, maybe cukes
L: zuccini/eggplant/chicken/feta salad (last of this salad. I'm thankful)
S: 15 almonds
D: not sure yet.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat4crim View Post
Does the new SBD book cover P1.5? I only have the old one and there isn't a section on it. I'm looking for more info on this phase because I'm interested in doing it for a couple of weeks before jumping into P2.
Phase 1.5 is just a term that we created for our induction into Phase 2, and isn't included in the book. It's the period where we are slowly introducing back a fruit or a starch into our diet to see if it's a trigger food. Each one of us has a different reaction to certain foods, and what may set off cravings for one may not affect you at all. It's a period of experimentation.

P1D9

B. vegetarian egg casserole w/salsa
S. Greek yogurt w/chia and sf cinnamon syrup
L. big salad w/roasted chickpeas and feta
S. bell peppers w/hummus
D. leftover taco bake over broccoli slaw
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Zeff - did I see a headline of mazda (?) recalling 400,000 cars?
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #30  
beachin'

matilda, got the key issue fixed. was supposed to just be a reprogramming of the key, ended up being a new key + programming (read: an extra $250). i'm saving the bringing it in to see if the car is toast portion for next week, too much to do for DS1's party this week to worry about this any longer. I did look at some minivans yesterday while waiting at the dealership, though......soooo nice.

Twynn...will have to investigate that. what a huge answer to prayers that would be.

--
P1

1: strawberry cheesecake smoothie w/ spinach
2: greek salad w/ roasted chicken
3: full fat greek yogurt with pomegranate arils - not phase 1 appropriate
4: family is having chicken tetrazzini..i'll probably have leftover roasted chicken + salad

exercise: 60 min. RIPPED class, maybe extra treadmill?

Last edited by zeffryn; 06-22-2011 at 04:22 PM.