Hi :o) I've been reading this forum.....

• I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks and I have some questions. I've been on the SBD for almost a year now and I've lost 60 lbs. but I seem to be at a stand still with my weight now. I'm going to start on phase one again today and I wondered if I'm allowed 2 cups of skim milk can I also have greek yogurt? And if I eat something with 1 tablespoon of mayo in it can I have olives too?
  • Yes to both. I don't think olives count as a fat (personally I would not count them as a fat) and you can have greek yogurt as long as it is not sweetened.
  • so even though it's under the same food type list I can have a serving of olives and mayo? 2 cups of skim milk and cup of greek yogurt? I was thinking I could only have a serving from each food/type list.
  • I usually keep it to two servings of dairy a day, which would be one cup of skim milk and one cup yogurt. Again, I would not count olives as a fat. Not sure exactly what I would count them as; I probably would just keep my serving size small and not count it. Here is how I strive to create a phase 1 day:
    -unlimited lean protein
    -2 servings dairy
    -1 or 2 servings beans
    -2 servings fats
    -4.5 or more cups veggies
    -1-2 servings lf cheese
  • Ok, thanks I need to eat more beans/veggies though. Those are the hardest for me to have on hand where I can grab and warm up in microwave. Any suggestions? I hate cooking but I don't mind cooking in the crockpot.
  • You can make a salad with beans and veggies for lunch. This week I am eating a salad made from chick peas, zuccini and eggplant.
  • Kudos to you on your great loss!
  • Olives are a fat serving, but you can have both if you stay within your allowance for the day (2Tbs.).

From the Phase I Food List:
    Olives (Green or Ripe) 15 = 1/2 TBS oil
  • Welcome and congrats for the loss! And thanks for joining us and being an inspiration.