I need some book clarifications

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Chocoholix, thank you so much for asking all these questions! And thanks to everyone for responding. This is really helpful and is a good refresher of the basics from the book.

Choc, for a few days on Phase 1 I was having super hunger at snack times, and I simply had to eat more. I basically had things I normally eat for lunch: a few slices of deli meat, small portions of dinner leftovers, pre-packaged salads. At times it felt like I was having 2 lunches! But part of the SB diet is not feeling hungry, so IMO, you do what you have to do to get to that point. Also, I second everyone else's opinion about eliminating the sugar or changing time of day you have it and see if that changes anything.
  • 170starting, I believe Chocoholix weight is posted in kilos, not lbs!
  • Quote: 170starting, I believe Chocoholix weight is posted in kilos, not lbs!
    OHHHHH I thought she was trying to be proAna... thank you for the clarification
  • Beans are hard to carry around--unless they're roasted chickpeas! Not everyone likes these, but they were a godsend for me on P1. Now I keep them around for the times when I am delayed getting a meal or a planned snack. And don't rule out things you don't think you like entirely, your tastes may change. Mine did.
  • Quote: Beans are hard to carry around--unless they're roasted chickpeas! Not everyone likes these, but they were a godsend for me on P1. Now I keep them around for the times when I am delayed getting a meal or a planned snack. And don't rule out things you don't think you like entirely, your tastes may change. Mine did.
    Roasted Chickpeas?? Sounds good!!! Where do you get those.

I like roasted soyvnuts...yum

I have learned to pack a little cooler when I know that I will be out. Many times it just has a bottle of water and cut up veggies and maybe a cheese slice.

SB used to make this great drink that kept me full. It was a life saver when I needed something ultra portable.
  • wife89, I'm not sure if you can buy roasted chickpeas, but most of us here roast our own. Just spritz them or shake them in a bag with a tiny bit of olive oil and seasoning of your choice, then spread them out on a baking sheet and roast them at 425* for about 20 minutes or so, stirrring occasionally until they get as brown as you'd like.
  • Quote: wife89, I'm not sure if you can buy roasted chickpeas, but most of us here roast our own. Just spritz them or shake them in a bag with a tiny bit of olive oil and seasoning of your choice, then spread them out on a baking sheet and roast them at 425* for about 20 minutes or so, stirrring occasionally until they get as brown as you'd like.
    Thanks!! Are you using the canned variety?
  • I use the canned, just give them a little rinse first. Today I'm having them with some curry seasoning. So good!
  • Quote: I use the canned, just give them a little rinse first. Today I'm having them with some curry seasoning. So good!
    Thanks!! I am going to give it a shot! I have a can in the pantry.