South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #1  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Post First Day of Phase 2 (1.5) - opinions needed

Good morning everyone,

Today is my first day of Phase 2, which really is going to be 1.5. Slow and steady wins the race, right? To be honest I'm in a depressed funk this morning, as I weighed in and lost NOTHING this past week. I started two weeks ago, lost 4 lbs the first week, and nothing the second week (my goal for Phase 1 was 7 lbs). It is that TOM, and I didn't drink nearly as much water as a should have over the weekend, but still. Arrrgg.

Of course I had the conversation in my head this morning:
"Maybe I should stay on Phase 1 for one more week, just to drop the last few of those 7 lbs, then start Phase 2"
But the 3FC voice of reason (internal voice cultivated by reading all of the past threads of people in similar situation to me) responded: "No, go ahead and move into Phase 2. Phase 2 is the weight loss phase. If you're not having cravings, then you've achieved what Phase 1 was supposed to do. But just take it easy and go slow."

So, here is my plan moving forward for this week: 4 days out of 7 (every other day), I'm going to add blueberries for dessert. They're a delicious superfruit and I do not anticipate them nor the time of day I add them to cause any cravings.

Here are my questions:
1) What do you think of this plan? Too aggressive? Too conservative?
2) Should I still focus on those last 3 lbs? Or just let it go and let the scale do its own thing?
3) Typically I try to visualize the goal weight I'm trying to achieve (for example, I close my eyes and picture "169" floating in space), does anyone else do this? Do you think this is putting too much pressure on a number and not on how I'm feeling or my physique? I go back and forth on this issue.

Thanks so much in advance for your opinions - the words of wisdom from those who have been where I'm at really helps.

Last edited by FurnaceOfAchievement; 05-31-2011 at 02:05 PM.
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 270/see ticker/GW 150

Height: 5'9"

You will probably see those 3 lbs drop once TOM leaves. I think you're plan is right on. I have a feeling its how we all transitioned. Verrrrryyyy sllllooowwwwlyyy. And yes, start the transition, don't stay on P1. You're right on track, in my opinion.
YeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #3  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I'm feeling less hopeless and powerless now. I've reached the mentality that since I'm going to be working at this for a very long time (the rest of my life, if I know my body), then I need to just relax and march on forward. Maybe I need to focus more on my actions (staying on plan) rather than getting bogged down by not reaching my # goals.

Thank you so much, YeahYeah! =)
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 270/see ticker/GW 150

Height: 5'9"

I'm right there with you! I too have to remember its a slow process, its with me forever, and not to be discouraged by the scale. We can do it.
YeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote