3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SBD Chat for Monday, May 15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/233343-sbd-chat-monday-may-15-a.html)

Ruthxxx 05-16-2011 05:59 AM

SBD Chat for Monday, May 15

We haven't drowned yet but, after two days of very heavy rain, we are getting close. My two sump pumps are chugging away keeping the basement from flooding. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the power stays on.

Off to the gym today and then to the Mill to see the guys move some very heavy milling machinery and start the training for the first two of the summer students. I have a meeting this afternoon and an appointment with MYSELF for a quiet evening with my new book!

So how does your Monday look? Sunny? Funny? :cofdate:

Heidi58 05-16-2011 06:08 AM

Good morning friends.

It's rainy here, too, Ruth. But that suits my mood this morning.
Thank you for your prayers for Naomi's family, and for your condolences. I read the end of the weekend thread before I came here.

I'm hoping the space shuttle will be able to launch this morning. I wish I could be there, I've got a thing about the shuttle. :lol: I find it sad that this will be the last time we send a shuttle up.

Have a great, on plan Monday. :hug:

Lexxiss 05-16-2011 06:16 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

Heidi,:hug: I didn't know it was possibly Space Shuttle day. Hope it's a go. Take care, friend.

Ruth, I hope it's smooth sailing to this afternoon when you can start your new book.

Me, getting ready to go West over the mountains today. We've got a few things to do at the house then we're off. A nice visit to our pool and hopefully a bike ride awaits.

Have a good day,everyone!

cottagebythesea 05-16-2011 06:30 AM

It's just a routine Monday here, but I'd better remember to pick up a birthday card for Cindy on my way over to the farm. :)

The weatherman says to expect more wet weather today, and we were supposed to get heavy downpours last night but that didn't happen. We even had a bit of sunshine yesterday, which was a nice surprise.

WaistingTime 05-16-2011 06:37 AM

The last Monday of school for my son!!! Woo hoo. This afternoon is appliance delivery, so lots of waiting then reading manuals. Off to work out with my mom this morning. And I MUST get my license renewed this week someday. (Of course I was putting it off to lose more weight.)

Heidi - :hug: So sorry.

Ruth - I'll cross fingers for you too. I rarely think about my sump pumps (yep, we have two, but one is a back up that works without electricity somehow).

Debbie - Drive safely. Sounds like a nice day. My husband made it back from his weekend in CO safe and sound and cold.

Linda - Bummer to hear that since my son is starting his long drive home from your neck of the woods today. I don't think he's had to drive in serious rain on one of his cross-country treks yet.

Happy Monday everyone!

annieoh 05-16-2011 06:49 AM

Good morning, all! I have a terrible time with remembering to come by and say hello, but I do check in from time to time. :) We're still on track and losing (though slower than at first). Hope everyone has a nice, safe, and wonderfully fun Monday!

CyndiM 05-16-2011 09:16 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Well we've already been out to breakfast and then birding. It's cold and drizzly but we will make the most of it. We don't usually bother with the shopping but we may hit the outlets this afternoon. I'm ready for a nap and it isn't even lunchtime yet!

sophie 05-16-2011 09:33 AM

good morning,

Heidi, so sorry to hear about your friend.

Cyndi - your holiday sounds great and weather can't be helped

Debbie - enjoy your time at your special place.

Everyone else - have a good day.

me - company left on Sunday morning but I am still recovering. Its raining here and the weather is suppose to stay like that until Wednesday at least. Time to catch up on housework.
take care
Sophie

BellaLucia 05-16-2011 01:06 PM

Hi ladies! Have a great Monday!

ultimatebea 05-16-2011 05:06 PM

YEAH MONDAY! Spent the day painting with mom - she has to go back to Cleveland tomorrow - very sad. On the other hand, at least I had her here for 4 whole days!!

Even with all the birthday celebrations (DD2 turned 8 yesterday) there has been a loss this week. It is much easier to lose weight when french fries don't taste as good as baked sweet potatoes. Not sure I ever thought I would say that.

Scale read 159 today - I never move the ticker until the reading is there two days in a row, so . . . here's hoping for tomorrow!

Be well -

Pearlrose 05-16-2011 07:53 PM

Good evening,

Wanted to stop in real quick, I am in class until Wednesday so I will not be stopping in until Thursday.

Lost two lbs, so I moved to phase 1.5 to get my energy up abit so I can work out harder.

Heidi- sorry to hear about your loss.

Karen- the same for my DD1 this is her last Monday in High School.

I pulled something in my back yesterday so I have been wearing my magnets all day, hopefully by morning I should be back to normal. I did work out this morning at it is just lower back and just in the center so it didn't interfere unless I tried to move back sideways or bend over.

Have a great couple of days.