South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Yuk! Milk

I do not like to drink straight milk. I have managed to get from whole to fat free for cereals and cooking. But I still have the aversion to to drinking the stuff. Does anyone have ideas on how to doctor it up so I can drink. I also wonder if the sugar free chocolate syrup is Phase I friendly.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's not necessary to drink straight milk on this plan. I don't like milk straight either, but I do use milk in my coffee and tea and usually have a serving of yogurt every day. Another way to get in your dairy would be to enjoy a cup of cocoa.
Some SF chocolate syrups are OK on Phase 1, but check the ingredients first to make sure there isn't cornstarch or other unneccessary additives in it.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I don't drink milk, either...at all..ever. I enjoy yogurt and do use powdered milk with some of my baking. I guess SF choc. syrup would spice it up but it has too many calories for me to just randomly add it.

For me, SBD is about finding healthy foods that I do enjoy.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #4  
Be happy.

I'm the same about drinking milk, e6uawfa, I can't stand it 'straight'!

I wanted to include a lot of dairy in my diet because of the research that says dairy helps speed up weight loss. I asked for ideas here and got lots of great suggestions for ways to doctor up my milk. Here's a link to the thread.

Italian sodas are almost like a dessert beverage (for me anyway).

Have you got any sugar free syrups like they add to coffee? (Torani, DaVinci, etc.) Most grocery stores sell them in the coffee aisle. They're perfect for doctoring up milky beverages.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Me either. Ugh. I do us a bit of skim in my tea. And I like it fine in cereal but, honestly, I hardly ever eat cereal anymore. There is a chocolate milkshake recipe that I think is on here somewhere that uses milk with ricotta, cocoa powder, sweetener, and it is yummy.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

I do like milk, but as a snack I combine 1 cup with 5 ice cubes, and davinci sf syrup to make a milkshake. Or, if you don't want to use the syrup, you can use a packet or two of splenda and some vanilla or cocoa powder and combine everything in the blender.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote