OP Starbucks Frappuccino? HELP!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok, so from today until May 16th, frappes are 1/2 price at Starbucks from 3-5, and I haven't had one in forever! So I'm trying to find a way to get a SF one since they have SF syrups. Does anyone know a frappuccino that is OP? I was looking into the coffee light ones with a shot of SF syrup, nonfat milk, and no whip, and even though it is 160 cals, it has sugars still! Can anyone help? Are the sugars just from the milk? SO CONFUSING!
  • Personally I would be comfortable having one if it was the light version and made with sugar free syrup. My go to is the caramel light frap with no whip and sugar free caramel syrup. A nice once in a while treat. Key word: once in a while.
  • Ask what's in it. If they don't add any sugar, then what's there is from the milk. I sometimes will get a skinny (sf syrup, skim milk, no topping) cinnamon dolce latte. Yum.
  • I get a skinny latte almost every day...just skim milk, espresso and SF syrup. I don't know what the difference is with a frappuccino though. I would also second just asking them.
  • I think the frappucino is just that it is mixed with ice. Just ask the 'barista' to make sure it is sugar/fat free and you should be good to go.
  • The light fraps really arent that bad for you. A tall is about 90 cals I think..I used to work there when that first started but haven't been there in 7 months. The lights are used with nonfat milk, the light base has some sugar but not as much as the regular base, and a SF syrup with no whip would be best!
    And there is nutrition info on their website and there should be one at your local starbucks.
  • Thanks, Kelsey! I did check the sight and that's why I posted, because I didn't understand where the high carb count on the nutritional info was coming from. It does look like they have a little sugar, but they are still quite low in cals and fat. Thanks everyone!
  • I got a small, light sf caramel frap w/ no whip yesterday. it was so good! enjoy happy hour!
  • I could've sworn I read somewhere that the base for the frappucinos still have like 22g of sugars. I know that the base has sugar in it (per the starbucks guy when I asked, LOL) but that's all I can tell ya.
  • Quote: Thanks, Kelsey! I did check the sight and that's why I posted, because I didn't understand where the high carb count on the nutritional info was coming from. It does look like they have a little sugar, but they are still quite low in cals and fat. Thanks everyone!
    You're welcome!!
  • I did some research on line and it seems the base does indeed have sugar, even if you add sf syrup.
  • how much sugar (as I take the last sip of my sf/ff caramel frappe)
  • eh, i had it anyway and it was great! now that i'm within ten pounds of my goal weight and gotten somewhat of a grip on my cravings, i try to adhere perfectly to SB m-f and if i wanna relax a bit on the weekend, i go for it. so i waited until saturday, and had my small mocha cocount frappuccino...all 110 cals of it! i want SB eating to be a way of life for me, and if i restrict too severely all the time, i will end up getting bored of it.
  • Sounds so good! I started making them at home and they are super yummy and I know what's going in them! Luckily the only starbucks in my area is at a barnes and noble a little out of the way but I'm on vacation next week and will probably find myself over that way! There's still just something about going out and getting a starbucks drink that had so much appeal to it!
  • I hear you Nicole. I eat more on plan food and some off plan foods on the weekends too. I know what you mean about this being for life. It is for life for me, but I am going to allow myself those foods that are really important to me on occasion. Having said that, today at Sunday School I ate pretzels (which I don't even really like or ever crave) because they were there and I was starving. Note to self: bring snack to church.