South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat: Friday, May 6

Good morning, ladies. Hope all is well w/ you guys.

Took my mom out to Logans last night for her Mother's Day dinner since I'm stuck working Sunday. We really enjoyed it. I'm glad I thought about it or we would've been stuck trying to squeeze in brunch somewhere Sunday and trying to keep it short so I could get enough sleep for work that night.

Only 8 more days 'til the Warrior Dash!!! I can't wait!!! We got our campsite booked and I've got someone at work lending me a tent. We'll be staying at Black Rock Mountain State Park. It looks beautiful and I haven't been camping in YEARS. Yay!!!

Well, I guess I should take a nap before DanceFit Class. Even though I have to work tonight, I get up and go to DanceFit just b/c I like it so much. What are your plans for today???
Old 05-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh yeah, new avatar pic!!!

<===============
Old 05-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Natasha, thanks for getting us started! I love your new pic! I'll be excited to hear about the Warrior Dash. I looked at the link when you first posted it and it looks to be a wild weekend! Glad you like Dance Fit. I tried Zumba and it was just too confusing for me. Enjoy!

Me, up and at 'em. We are finalizing our summer plans. It's looking like we'll stay on the Eastern Slope this summer. Better for Rudi and my Mom but I'll sure be sad not to have my super duper little garden. I'll do something here but it will not be anywhere as productive. My mom seems to have given us the go to work on the two little houses above ours which were my Grandmothers. They have been sitting vacant since 1973 with very little maintenance and are literally falling apart. They are small, but are filled with *junk*(remember the canning jar project). There is a community yard sale next weekend and my plan is to haul anything down that is expendable and sellable. Maybe I can buy a wood chipper with the proceeds.

Today is a luncheon with moms Social Ethics club. I'm going to Denver early to do some shopping before meeting her....but first, it's time to reorganize after the big furniture move out yesterday. Good news is that I have my office back.

Have a great day everyone. Today is planned and OP as much as possible except that I chose vegetarian lasagna to stick with my no meat principles instead of the chicken which would have been more SBD friend.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning and Happy Friday It's my weekend and it didn't come a day too soon!

Natasha - love the new avatar! I can't wait to hear about the Warrior Dash. Sounds crazy but fun

Debbie- I'm sorry you have to give up your summer garden. Bet it will feel like you've gained an extra day every week without the traveling. It sounds like you will have more than enough projects to keep very busy as usual.

Our bill passed out of the House yesterday and we are now on a much needed break. Our team had yesterday afternoon, today and Wed. - Fri. next week off. I had a training last night so worked 15 hours but now I've got a break. Next week I have a training Thursday so I'm swapping Tues. for Thurs. After that it's a week in Maine for me! It's just the stretch I need.

I'm going to stay near home this weekend. DW is having some issues with double vision and I'm going to drive her to the doctor today. Obviously it's not a good time for me to be gone all weekend.

I am looking forward to a nice stretch of house organizing and cleaning, gardening, and decluttering. today I think I'll just relax though

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-06-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Natasha - love your new avatar pic!!

Debbie - in one way, I would dread going in those houses. In another way, you might find SOME REALLY COOL STUFF!! I'm kinda excited to see if you get some neat-o finds!

Cyndi - congrats, and get some much needed rest!!

Me - another day! Hopefully it will go smoothly, then a run with the DH (I think...he's disturbed I'm faster than him, but I'm *barely* faster....). I'm looking forward to my weekend off. The weather has been beautiful here, albeit rainy 1/2 the time. Maybe I can FINALLY get my greens planted!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cyndi! Wow! I'm so glad that you're finally getting some time off. Geez, sorry that Julie is having some vision problems. I hope the DR figures it out very soon. I think we will have to still drive back and forth, BTW. We'll still have some yard maintenance. I think we'll figure out how to have some pool time, too. I'm organizing here, too, this morning. It feels good.

Hi Tammy! This is the first time I remember you mentioning DH is a runner, too. TGIF! Looks like you're ready for the weekend. BTW I've been in and out of these (tiny) houses for years. They used to be stacked to the ceiling....it's just finding the way to get my mom to finally "let go". Unfortunately, some of the treasures were stolen in a break in several years ago.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-06-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Natasha - I hadn't heard of the Warrior Dash before, so I just googled it and looked at their promotional video, looks like it'll be a fun weekend! You know it's bound to be intense if the tagline is "Craziest frickin' day of your life", lol

Debbie - Sorry about your garden, but happy for you that you get your office back!

Cyndi - Congrats on the bill passing, and enjoy the time off!

Tammy - Have a great run, and enjoy getting the greens planted!

As for me...started phase 1.5 yesterday....it really was the best apple of my life, lol. Meeting with one of my upcoming professors (I go back to school for my Masters in the fall) about a research assistant position he's offered me, and later doing dinner and a movie with friends.

Also, I mentioned yesterday I was thinking about signing up for a 5K happening this Sunday...well I bit the bullet and signed up! Now I just have to pray that the rain will stay away Sunday morning!

Last edited by ILRPinkGirl; 05-06-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Natasha, great new photo!

Debbie, I'm glad you've been able to finalize your plans, and I know you'll find ways to make the best of your 'different' summer. *hug*

Congratulations, Cyndi! I'm so glad all the long hours and hard work paid off!

Good morning Tammy! I think you ought to have t-shirts made for you and your DH - "Fast" and "Faster"

I am so glad that it's finally the last day of a really, really long work week! It's the last day of kindergarten screening today, too. I always look forward to meeting the new students and their families, but it's way more stressful than the normal school week. And there is junk food EVERYWHERE.

I've decided that I'm going to go back to 145 - 150 as my maintenance weight. I was much happier maintaining in that ball park. I had to pay attention but didn't feel like I was always dieting. Part of me feels guilty about throwing in the towel but 135 - 140 has been stressful and much more work than I ever expected. I'm 53 and my weight has hovered between 180 and 200 for most of the past 2 decades so I am content to live with a thicker waist and arms for the more rewarding and relaxing routine that worked so well before. (And best of all, after all these weeks/months of struggling and feeling badly about being a bit above my planned weight - now I'm below it again. )

OK, I feel much, much better now that I've made that decision! One less thing to stress over. I wonder if there are other things on the list I can solve so easily....

Enjoy your Friday friends!

Good morning ILR PinkGirl, congrats on signing up for the 5k! I smiled when I read about your apple, it's amazing how great fruit tastes when you haven't had any for a while, eh?

Last edited by Heidi58; 05-06-2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Just saw ILRPinkGirl's post :)
Old 05-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Natasha I love your new pic! You look beautiful.
Twynn: quinoa pancake recipe is basically one egg mixed with 1/2 cup quinoa and then fried like a pancake in 1 teasp. olive oil (heat the pan before you put in the olive oil so it becomes nonstick). I like to top it with avocado. It's delish and so healthy. I've been meaning to get back to you with the recipe.
Debbie: I'm always confused about where you are going. Do you have two houses? And what are these little houses? I would love to go in and renovate a little house. I'm sure I get that compulsion from my parents who renovated several houses as I was growing up.

As for me, I finished a huge project that I wanted to get done before I left on vacation and did a major clean up in my office. I have a couple of little projects I need to take care of and then, no matter what my boss throws at me, I'll feel I took care of all my s**t before I went away. Can't wait for my trip...we leave next Saturday.

I haven't lost any weight despite being very careful this week, but at least the scale hasn't gone over 160 (last month or so I've been up and down over that barrier as the week has progressed) so at least I'm slowly moving away from that "milestone." This month will probably be a loss because of our vacation but I'm hoping to make my goal by the end of the summer when we go to the beach for a week.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Natasha, great picture! I need to look up the Warrior Dash. I haven't camped for years but really loved it.

Debbie, I don't know how you manage living in two places. Fixing up two more houses sounds like quite the job. I hope your sales goes well and you can get a wood chipper. Any chance I could borrow it?

Cyndi, so glad that bill passed and you can relax a bit. I hope Julie's problem is nothing serious - you both need a break. I am still wishing I could be in Maine with you next week.

Twynn, do you thumb your nose at your DH when you run past him? I hope you have a good weekend. My greens are still in the packet on the dry sink.

Today should be better than yesterday now that the Disney trauma is over. Her teeth are sparkling now but she doesn't seem to appreciate it. Today I will be in and out all day doing things for the big plant sale tomorrow. Yesterday we had a lot of plants come in but there will be many more today. I can't believe how many people don't know what it is they dug up! So far I've been able to identify most - it's tricky when things are not in flower.

Time for a decent breakfast and then I'm off to the gym before the day starts getting ahead of me. TGIF, Beachers!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Friday Morning, Ashley, Heidi and Matilda. I hope your Friday is a good one too and that we can segue into a relaxing weekend.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I sleep in on my day off, and now there are way too many posts for me to do personals. That's what I get for being such a slug.

I'm working my way through a pot of coffee and waiting to see what today has in store for me. All good stuff, though.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL - I will SO NOT let my DH see this thread!!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Good morning Tammy! I think you ought to have t-shirts made for you and your DH - "Fast" and "Faster"

Heidi, I'm glad you are making peace with your maintenance weight. I, personally, think it's a great choice. BTW-I didn't realize we're the same age. Have a great day and I know you'll do well negotiating around the junk food.

Ashley, yay! for signing up for the 5k. I wish I could join you.

Ruth, you can borrow my chipper(if I get it) any time and I'll even send Kirk to run it for you! I'll just take a few plants from your sale in trade.

Matilda, glad you got your office all organized! You know, I went through all my photos this winter because your project finished really motivated me to get started. Ok, here's the scoop: I'm from Colorado, met DH in Alaska where I lived for 23 yrs, we sold our businesses in 2003 to be nearer to mom who is 90....got to her little town, 20 m. W. of Denver and took over my family home(an old Victorian from 1887.) She lives a block away in the home of my stepfather(deceased). Walk up a huge set of stairs from my hse to the higher street to my grandmothers 2 tiny houses (16x20x2) which have a cool cave(root cellar) in the side of the mountain. Sounds great, but it's a really boring place(we have no friends in 8 yrs), yet my mom is settled in. Now go East 130 miles on I-70, to a hip place which is our fav...40 m. from Aspen and home of the giant outdoor hotsprings, fruit country, our home church, all our great friends and our fantastic garden. Continental Divide inbetween, thus all the wacky driving, and the named Eastern Slope and Western Slope. Our hearts are West our responsibilities are East. We'll spend this summer East.

Linda, for sleeping in! In our sticky you'll find that personals are not required. Have a great Friday!

Dawn is breaking...time to wake up DH and Rudi.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-06-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! TGIF?

TallandThin - Glad to hear about your bloodwork.

Rose - Similar prep going on here for my son's grad party. I am dreading all the baking I need to do. I hate planning and throwing parties!

Cyndi - Yay! Hope DW is okay.

Natasha - I'd say that sounds fun but I hate camping! And I love the new pic.

Debbie - Sounds like you will be busy this summer. I appreciated the description.

ILRPink - Isn't it amazing how much better healthy foods taste when we don't eat crap?!

Heidi - Sounds so smart. Just last night I was lamenting how tired I am of always "being on a diet" or watching what I eat. Maybe our bodies know best.

Matilda - Vacations. Love them. But, oh, the food. It's hard.

So the insurance adjustor had to come twice to squeeze things in with no rain and totaled our roof. The bad news is that we have a hefty deductible and just got a whole new roof 5 years ago and it is a huge headache. Sigh. I am thinking we should wait until the end of the bad weather season. Ah, Kansas.

DH is off to work in his mom's yard today which means I have the house to myself. I am planning a bit of OP cooking to stock my freezer again. And a nap, maybe. Hopefully I can find motivation to exercise without him.

But now I need to hit the grocery story early.
Closed Thread