South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Friday, 4/29

Good morning on our favorite day of the week. I'm up early to watch the royal wedding, and am happy that I have the day off so I can watch all the festivities, and I have the best seat in the house for people watching, all curled up on my couch with coffee. I was going to have tea, but I'll switch to that later.

The storms eased up enough for Jake and I to go out to dinner to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversary last night, and I enjoyed a very nice and mostly OP dinner, except for a smallish piece of apple pie, which we took home and had with coffee later.

Later today I'll probably stop over at Mom & Dad's for a visit while I'm out getting groceries, but I plan to spend most of the day puttering around the house and garden. The beets are up and need thinning, so I'll spend a contented hour or so with that task, and I may even try to sneak in a short nap.

So who's ready for a nice cup of coffee?
Old 04-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on your anniversary, Cottage. Wow - 42 years!!! That's really an accomplishment.

The dysfunction continues at work, although now it is much larger than just my issue. I wish I could talk about what is going on and I will if and when it hits the blogs and papers. That's all I can say right now unfortunately.

Today's a normal day at work and then tomorrow we head to my BIL and SIL's for the weekend, which will be great. I'm about to exercise on my mini tramp and watch some of the wedding. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! I admit, I want to see the pics from the royal wedding, but not bad enough to see them as it happens . Her dress was beautiful!!!

Cottage - 42 YEARS!?!? WOW, congratulations!!

MMCK - Sorry all of the stuff at work. Hope you enjoy wine or something to unwind!

I work 2-7 today, so a long run and some cleaning is on tap. I wanted sugar quite bad yesterday, but didn't do it...woo hoo!!! (and now I'm trying to figure out if I ate something to trigger it, or if it was mental...)

Have a great day everyone! I need to figure out somewhere FLAT I can do my long run!!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Her dress is enchanting, and don't they make a beautiful couple? I just love weddings!

Thank you for the congratulations, Matilda and Tammy! It's a lot of hard work, but the rewards are many.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's so nice starting the day with a few open windows!

Cottage - Wow, congratulations! Happy wedding watching this morning

Mathilda - I really hope there's some light around the corner with your job. It often sounds like you like most of it but it's a really dysfunctional organization. That's so frustrating. I hope your weekend is fun and relaxing.

I had a fun day yesterday talking to real people in person I can see a little progress in this county and that's definitely a nice feeling. Sometimes I get frustrated by all the distractions that pull my attention away so it's nice to see positive growth.

Awesome news for our team - it now looks like we have the votes we need to move our bill. We are looking forward to a vote either Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be really historic in a couple of ways, a big success for the folks I work with, and, self interest, we will get a stretch of comp time after the vote. I had to tell my Mom that I probably wouldn't make it there for Mothers Day weekend but with the accelerated vote I probably will. She will be so excited. I can look forward to a summer of just getting out and meeting new providers, the thing I like best. We're even planning to have activity tables at some of the local fairs and events, not a bad way to spend a work day

Today I'm off across the mountains again. Wish I'd known earlier I would have saved myself the late night drive. On the plus side I'll be traveling with a coworker so I get to ride.

I'm looking forward to a fun and very birdy weekend. Some of my favorite summer visitors are back at our feeder already. Happy Friday Friends!

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-29-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

My (insert expletive of your choice) Tivo is on the fritz again. Just in time for me to miss the wedding event of the century. Sigh.

Got on our bikes yesterday!!! That's the good news. The bad news is my husband's bike has something wrong with the gears that must have happened when the bike shop fixed his hub last month. So not sure when we'll ride again because, typical man, he is going to try to fix this himself instead of taking it back to the shop. The ride was hard!

nanjmc - nice to meet you.

Linda - congrats on your anniversary

Matilda - Sorry that work is such a mess.

Twynn - Yay for not giving in to sugar!

Cyndi - Good news. And how nice that you'll be able to spend Mother's Day with your mom.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! My day has started very well with coffee and soaking in of the pageantry of the Royal Wedding. Yes, I cried as I always do at weddings. Kate certainly made a beautiful bride and seemed to be naturally smiling. William's smile is so much like his mother's.

Cottage, big hugs and congratulations to you and Jake. It sounds like a good celebration, especially when followd by a day off.

I'm off to the gym a bit late and then Donna comes to clean - finally. I am not sure how to handle this but she seems to be changing her schedule a lot. Her husband has a lot of problems (depression and a cancer diagnosis) and she is at his beck and call. I feel for them both but ... Heaven forbid that I should run the Dyson through the house myself! Never become friends with someone who works for you.

This afternoon I'm off to Rideau Ferry (nice name) for tea with a friend and will probably pick up some quilting fabric while I'm there. I'm also still on the search for some classy buttons for my dress for the June wedding. I just may have to do covered buttons with fabric from one of the pockets. I need a pocket for my hankie as I always cry at weddings. (See above.) Crazy Book Club happens tonight so it'll be quite a day.

I hope your day is calm and peaceful. We are in recovery mode around here after a horrific windstorm yesterday that knocked down trees and left us without power until midnight. We need a day of sunshine, flowers and gentle breezes.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got up early enough to catch half of the wedding and am watching now. I have lots to accomplish this morning before I head out to meet up for an orientation at a nursing home for one of our new therapy teams. Wish I could stick closer to home today but duty calls.

Linda, Happy Anniversary!

everyone else! Time to get Rudi moving.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,
I too watched the wedding and loved the gown and am more interested to learn about the fabric and the lace. Did you know that Diana's dress was silk and the silk was produced from silk worms cultivated totally in England. The silk was then woven in England. Of course, people have different opinions about that dress, but having spun silk I was interested in the process.

Happy Anniversary Linda, I am close in your footsteps, we will be celebrating 42 in June.
Have a nice day everyone
Sophie
Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning Lovely Ladies! The week from you-know-where is almost over. "Operation Avoid Pastries" a success! long long days and I am beat. Gonna work half a day today and take off this afternoon. No time or interest in the wedding. I will either clean, shop, or zone out and catch up on The Office and Survivor. Tonight is my grandmother's 96th birthday party. Yesterday was DD2's 13th birthday so we went to Matsutake. Too much fat and salt, but I only ate meat and veggies. My great-niece Kelsey was also born yesterday, can't wait to see her. That makes me a Great Aunt six times over now! Look out, here comes the next generation of this crazy family.

I haven't had time to read and catch up with you all, but I will this weekend for sure. Happy Anniversary to cottage. Our 26th is coming up in a couple of weeks, but 42, wow! I'm sure I will have murdered DH before we get that far...
Hugs to Tall and Thin. I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. Stay strong.
Congrats, Cyndi on your success. All your hard work is paying off.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #11  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good morning everyone . I'll have a bit of coffee if there is any left at I catch the highlights of "the wedding".

Linda, congrats on your anniversary!

Matilda, so sorry about your work situation. This can sure make going to work not too pleasant.

Tammy, Good for you for beating the "sugar monster"! Enjoy your run.

Karen, not to worry, I'm sure there are going to be plenty of opportunities to see the most important parts of "the wedding" during the next few days.

Ruth, all of your talk about quilting has made me interested and in my current health situation, I think I have decided to work on a quilt for our first GGS who is due in September. Nothing fancy mind you but enough to keep my hands and mind a bit busy while doing all this sitting. Want to find some light green quilting thread first though.

Debbie, here is a picture of DD2's little rescued Frenchie taken during his first therapy visit at an Assisted Living facility a couple of weeks ago.

Well I'm off to putter around the house and yard doing as much as I can. Hope you all have a good "on plan" (or close to it) day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tank 1st assisted living visit7.jpg (29.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by TallandThin; 04-29-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I LOVE Frenchies!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats CottageBT! Today was a good day for the wedding and your anniversary huh? Kate looked lovely in her dress, I want one for my wedding day ha ha!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello, I thought I managed to get on here earlier, but no I did not. I woke up at normally time and worked out while I watched the wedding. I did not want to get sucked up into the wedding and for the most part did not but did want to see Diane's son get married. He does just look like her and Katie made a beautiful bride, I hope that they are truly in love and that it will work out for them. Watching it reminded me of watching Diane and Charles wedding when I was a teenager, I woke up to watch it.

This week is almost over at work. I am on call this weekend but hopefully no calls. Soccer and track meets tomorrow, I am going to stop and get groceries on the way that way no one can add stuff to the cart lol.

Have a wonderful weekend if I do not get on here this weekend.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #15  

Great day! Chillier than previous days, but basically rain-free. Regular work day today - mailed off a good deal of paperwork, so off the list of things to do for the weekend. High school kids had a great Ultimate game today - played really well. DD1 and DD2 are off at a Spring Fair now, with DH. I just got home about 10 min ago, and am sitting by myself watching NCIS. DH totally forgives me my addiction . . .

Hit 162 today!! Only considering it 163, as I expect part was water loss from playing Ultimate myself last night. We will see what tomorrow's scale shows.

Be well!
Closed Thread