Cool Whip Free

• I ate it about 5 times on phase 1 since its in a peanut butter/fudgiscle phase 1 dessert recipe. It shows up a lot in recipe threads too, so I didn't even think to look at the ingredients. I went to buy more today, noticed a sugar free version and picked up both to compare ingredients.
    Holy woah not SBD friendly! The first four ingredients of Cool Whip Free are: Water, Corn Syrup (sugar), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (trans fats), High Fructose Corn Syrup (sugar again).

I hope I'm not coming across as holier than thou or like I'm berating anybody, I'm just honest to goodness confused. Why the endorsement?
  • That's why I have never used it. Doesn't meet the SB principles and sounds totally unhealthy!
  • Quote: That's why I have never used it. Doesn't meet the SB principles and sounds totally unhealthy!
    What she said. HFCS is a serious trigger for me in any amount so I stay far away. Learned that the hard way once (pomegranate margaritas with syrup not juice)
  • mmmmmm pomegranate margaritas...

..i concur about the cool whip free.
  • Yeah I'm a lil bummed my P1 wasn't as clean as I thought. Oh well.
  • But remember - the purpose is to clear out the cravings - not being a "clean" phase 1 only REALLY matters if your cravings are still around - don't let it get you down!!!
    Be well -
  • Thanks Bea!
  • I was upset when I read the ingredients at the store while I was on P1. So, I didn't buy it. However, after about a month, I did purchase it. I use it sparingly when I just need that little something sweet, and it doesn't spike my cravings...at least I don't think it does