South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm surprised that there's any rain left for those of you north of me. We had torrential rain all day and night, with nearly hurricane force winds. The sun is really struggling to come out this morning, but there are still a lot of dark clouds lingering around.
Jake wants to try to get the mulching done, despite the weather, and I'll have to keep ahead of him with any weeding that needs done. Other than that, I want to give him a haircut sometime today, and I have to make a couple pans of lasagna for a big family dinner later today, a normal one with meatsauce for the carnivores, and a butternut/spinach one for me to enjoy.
I'd better get some laundry done today, too, as I got so wrapped up in my book yesterday that I forgot all about it. Whoops.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have a free hour tomorrow after gym. Will that do?

My motto" I'd rather burn out than rust out!"
Old 04-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #18  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Still have the crud so I'm skipping church AND a wonderful get together with the board members of our pet therapy group. Darn! But I'm so aggravated with Kirk's DD inviting US to dinner when she was sick that I wouldn't do that to anyone else!

Our town does a junk pick up every spring. You can put anything out in any quantity, so we've been picking up wood to build Rudi a ramp. I just needed a few more boards...and he already tried to use it this morning so we figured we'd better finish it up. I went for a drive and secured the rest of my lumber and fortunately didn't find any other useless items to haul home.

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone! I do feel better today.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

OK - cottage is SO right - the amount of rain here was unreal - my entire back yard is a puddle. Might make weeding easier, if you don't actually sink INTO the mud while doing it!

My mother is on her way from Cleveland to spend the week here - I cannot wait!! Just wish perhaps we had set up that cleaning brigade and started here at my house. I am not getting much cleaned yet. Good thing it takes her 7hours to get here by then I may have found the guest room.

We generally cook a lot while she is here - this week we plan on an awesome beef vegetable soup, broccoli/potato soup IF we can find the yellow sweet potatoes (as opposed to orange yams) and chicken and *sniff* dumplings. I wonder if I can make them out of steamed cauliflower - like pretend mashed potatoes . . . hmmm. Any thoughts?

DH and DD2 are off bowling - DD1 turns 11 tomorrow and feels the need to spend her last day as a 10 year old vegging out with Pokemon. Deliver me.

Be well!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #20  

Well, I tried to go out and help with the mulching, but I darned near froze and the wind is awful. Call me a wimp, but I'm staying inside where it's warm.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #21  

Height: 5'4"

ROFL - yes - I tried too - and that is why I have given up on the outdoors for the day, and am going to scrub the kitchen floor. MUCH safer!!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #22  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Checking in today as part of my challenge.

Have a contractor coming at 2:00 this afternoon to give me an estimate for raised flower beds all around our patio. I have FMS and miss gardening but can't do the on ground stuff so DH agreed we should have someone build some raised flowerbeds then I can have pretty flowers all around the patio. Then gonna buy some new patio furniture, make it all pretty and relaxing out there for the spring and summer that never seems to be coming this year.

Also going to make out my menu for the week so I can stick with Phase 1+.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Last edited by Bunnababy; 04-17-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #23  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning, oops, afternoon.

Ruth, glad your festival is going well.

Linda, what are you reading?

Debbie, so sorry you have the "crud". You are such a good fur mom for building Rudi a ramp. We have stairs for our frenchie to get off and on our bed and thank goodness he is pretty good about using them since his breed is known to have back/hip problems.

Bea, hope you and your mom have a great visit.

"Hey" to the rest of you who have already posted and to those of you yet to find your way here today. :wave"

Were taking care of one of DD2's fur babies this week while they are on Spring vacation. She is no trouble at all and we enjoy having her as well as she enjoys being in the country and having so much room to play.

Went to GS3's baseball game yesterday and so enjoyed sitting out in the sun but got a bit sunburned. Not bad though and the tops of my feet are so funny with sunburned stripes from the sandals that I was wearing.

Just found out yesterday that our first GGchild is a boy! Needless to say our GS1 is walking on water. He would be here until September but can hardly wait to hold him.

Time to get back to doing a few chores (or perhaps may just watch a movie). Hope you all find just the right amount of time to plan out next week's on plan menu and perhaps even do a bit of prep.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #24  

TallandThin, CONGRATULATIONS on the impending birth of your first GGson! September will be here before you know it. The book I was reading is Middle Ground, by Kelly Corrigan. It's about a close-knit family's ordeal with cancer, and was so good that I couldn't put it down. I started reading it Friday night and finished it yesterday afternoon.
Closed Thread