3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   P1 Loss: 11.5lbs!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/230269-p1-loss-11-5lbs.html)

YeahYeah 04-10-2011 03:16 PM

P1 Loss: 11.5lbs!!

I really thought that due to Hashimoto's I'd be one of those to lose around 4 lbs in P1, so I was prepared for disappointment. Well isn't it great to be pleasantly surprised!
Woo Hoo!! :hyper:

I have a question to you all: If I was never a sweets person (rarely a craving) does that mean I'm less susceptible to the effects of sugar on this diet? Because remember my first week I was drinking soymilk that had sugar and thought I had blown it, yet still the loss. You all talk of curbing the cravings, and I haven't craved much of anything save easier meal ideas (old habits die hard). So what does it all mean? Do you think I can count this as a clean P1 and continue on to P2? (I'm tempted to introduce wine before anything else lol.)

Also- dreamed I was gorging on a giant pita stuffed with cheese before I woke up hahaha!! It was delicious!

Mmckellen 04-10-2011 03:51 PM

Congrats, YeahYeah!

Whole wheat pita is allowed on Phase 2! :cool: Your dream can come true, just go for lf cheese.

TallandThin 04-10-2011 06:17 PM

:congrat: what a great weight loss for your phase one! If I were you, I would move on but take it real slow, adding just one phase two item at a time and then wait a day or few to see how you handle it. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished so far. Keep up the great work.

imaginemama 04-10-2011 07:10 PM

Woo Hoo!!! That is awesome! Best of luck moving on to P2! I am the same way with sugar - just not into that many sweets. Only had a hard time when we had cupcakes in the house - I do love some good frosting!!! What I do miss, though are grains, and some fruit.

Anyway, that is a great beginning! Way to go!

summerlake 04-10-2011 10:34 PM

Holy smokes, that is awesome!!! Congratulations on 11.5 pounds!

YeahYeah 04-10-2011 11:28 PM

Thanks ladies!

melanieintoronto 04-11-2011 07:18 AM

Great job!
Today is the start of my second week of Phase 1, I'm only down 3 lbs. Having said that, I took off 12 before starting this program. Needless to say, you've given me hope for the 2nd week loss prospects!

I miss wine too...I had a dinner party on Saturday night and polished off 2 bottles of perrier all by myself! 2 weeks ago that would have been Reisling!

Congrats and good work

Lexxiss 04-11-2011 09:32 AM

Congrats!

You asked if you could consider this a clean P1, in that you unknowingly had soymilk with added sugar before you recognized it wasn't allowed on P1. Since you've indicated you don't have cravings, I would say continue on to P2, adding foods slowly, as Dr. A suggests.