Starting to lose focus

• I am new to the south beach diet, i have been on it for about 3 weeks, and the first 2 weeks i did great. But as usual give me a little and i'll take alot. I want to stick to the phase 1 a little longer because i know if i start eating some breads and stuff thats it, which has happened. I'm really getting frustrated thats why I joined here, for some support. I don't have much more to lose like 10 more pounds. Any words of incouragement or helpful tips!!! Please
  • have you read the book? it outlines why staying on phase 1 longer than 2 weeks --especially with minimal weight to lose-- is not a good idea.

A lot of us do a phase 1.5, where we slowly add grains and fruit back into our daily diets.

More than anything, successful weight loss is a state of mind. Keep yourself motivated and you will be successful.
  • yeah, i have read it, and i have started to introduce some fruits and oatmeal occasionally, but i'm afraid that once i start i'll keep eating them. Thank you for the words of incouragement i need more willpower
  • Definitely start re-introducing -- once you hit 110, you want to be able to maintain without immediately ballooning up. It's about developing a way of eating that makes sense for you in the long term. I have a similar goal, and I know that we're starting to hit the level where our bodies will absolutely start to rebel.

I moved away from low-carb because it's unsustainable for me -- but watching calories alone and keeping grains and refined carbs to a relatively low level means I keep losing without feeling any of the effects of "low carb."
  • Any little weight you put on when you start reintroducing carbs is really just water. The weight you lose on Phase 1 is a little unrealistic b/c when you eliminate most carbs, you lose a lot of water. Eating even good carbs causes your body to put back on some water weight, but everything will adjust. You'll do fine. It's not good to stay on Phase 1 for longer than 2 weeks in my opinion.
  • I would recommend sitting down and planning your meals in advance for the next day or the next week or whatever you can handle. Having it all down in front of you will make it less scary.
  • thank you so much for the help, i think writing down my meals is a good idea.
  • It really helps me. Hope it helps you, too!