South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Thursday Chat, 4/7

Coffee's ready, and I can put the teakettle on too, for who wants it. Come pour a cup and join me in starting the day.

Yesterday was long, exhausting day, and I have hopes that today will be better. Maggie has a virus with a high fever and vomiting, and Cindy had a full day of appointments that couldn't be canceled, so I had to be there extra early. The doctor said her fever should break today, poor wee babe. I just hope Audrey doesn't come down with it next, as the girls usually share everything, LOL. I've been careful to keep my hands washed, as getting sick is the last thing I need right now.

So what's happening with everyone today?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:38 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Thanks for the coffee. You know I never turn that down. It's been a tough year for illness. Seems like the last few months there's been dueling viruses around here and lots of really sick kids. I'm so glad I've got child care workers immunity because I'm in and out of lots of programs all week. (we need a knock on wood smile!). Hope you stay germ free and the girls are back on their feet today.

I'm on the road today and tomorrow. It's going to be perfect early spring weather and I'm taking binoculars and walking shoes. I'm going to squeeze a walk in along the way.

Vacation plans have moved up a week so now I can really start counting! Looks like the week of May 16th unless the legislature slows to a crawl and doesn't go home on time. That doesn't seem likely this year so I'm going to start my count It's the absolute best week to be at the coast warbler watching so I'm really happy DW got to change the date. Maine is always fun but migration is great there. I'll bring my bike and walking shoes so lots of exercise will balance out a certain dinner I'm already planning

Well time to get the map made and snacks packed. Hope your Thursday is sunny, smooth sailing and healthy!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Linda, and thank you for the tea! Lots of sick kids around here these days, too. I hope Maggie's feeling better this morning.

Nothing new here today, but the sun is shining so that makes me happy. It's still really cool here (we had snow flurries off and on all day yesterday and more predicted today) but yesterday I bundled up and enjoyed my walk anyway and I'm looking forward to another good walk this afternoon.

Hi Cyndi, great news about your vacation!

Enjoy your Thursday friends!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! I have the third floor done except for the scrapbooking things and the rest of the desk, which I need more boxes to finish, so I am a happy camper. This afternoon I am going to go through the home school things and decide what to mail to have there when we arrive, what to send in the fast shipment (which will take 97 days - "fast" um yeah...) and what to send on the slow boat (quite literally ).

Thanks for the tea, Linda, but I'll take mine iced because it's warm out today! Short sleeves and no jackets needed! Beautiful! Hope the girls are healthy soon for you!

Cyndi, so excited to hear the vacation plans are coming along! How fun!

Heidi, I hope your weather warms up soon. I will send some sun your way!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Linda, that coffee is soooo good. I woke up thinking of coffee so it really hits the spot. Do take care of yourself too when you are taking care of Maggies - not a typo.

Cyndi, so glad you can work in a walk when you are on the road for work. You sure do a lot of driving with your job. Yes, I think child care workers do build up an immunity just from constant exposure ... and that's a good thing.

Heidi, the sunshine makes such a huge difference even when it is cold. We actually had a white-out storm yesterday around noon, just as I was getting organized to walk down for the mail. I drove instead since I'm not as tough as you Maine folk although it's part of my heritage. (One grandpa came from Bangor.)

Yesterday was busy but I did get lots done. Today I need to hang around home as a technician is coming to do a "site inspection" before they install my propane "wood" stove. I guess that's fancy language for deciding where to put the propane tank. I hope it's installed soon as the back room is chilly these nights but not worth the effort of starting the real wood stove.

Coffee with the gang this morning to catch up on the Delta gossip and then I may start removing the Christmas stuff from the planters, depending on when the techie is coming. Gotta love cell phones!

Wishing us all a sunny and springish Thursday.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kara, come here when you're done. I have a whole closet dumped out and it needs sorting. That really has to be the original slow boat although Hawaii isn'r China.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
Cottage, sounds like Maggie has the same virus as my son. He was sick when I picked him up from his after school on Tuesday, and threw up 2x that night. No more vomiting, but he's been running a very high fever. My husband stayed home with him yesterday and I'm home today. I'm hopeful that he can go back to school tomorrow, but we'll see. I'm also really hoping I don't get sick too.

The mini trampoline arrived last night and my husband put it together for me...I'm getting ready to have my first session today! Very psyched. Aside from that, my son wants to rent some Star Wars movies, so we'll go to the video store, and then I need to go to the bank and get cat food. I'll do some cleaning around the house while he watches the movies.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, I hope your little guy is much better today. The pediatrician said she's been seeing a lot of kids with viruses lately. It's sad to see them not feeling well and so listless. My granddaugher, Carley, had the same thing over the weekend. At least they bounce back fast!

Well, my coffee pot is empty and that means it's time for me to get ready to leave. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm just on my way to find the coffee pot, but since it's the time of day my internet slows I thought I'd say hi first. I think making more jam is on my list today. We're hauling it to mom's by the cases.

Have a good day, everyone
Old 04-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

WOW!! So glad that apparently that virus is not hanging out here! My kids are nice enough to have them on weekends a lot . I didn't get a lot of illnesses at work everyone else had, I swear it's eating healthier than most, and blueberry smoothies!! I would joke to them I was drinking my anti cold food . Hey, it seemed to work!!

Cottage - hope you don't get that...sounds nasty!

Cyndi - lemme know if you need anyone else to accompany you on the vacation .

Heidi - good morning!

Kara - good gracious!! 97 days?!?!

Ruth - I think I'm going to have to fight you for Kara. We moved here 2 years ago (do you believe it?!?!) and we still haven't unpacked a few boxes. I guess I don't need the stuff in those!!

MMCK - let us know how you like the trampoline..yahoo!!!

Me - enjoying my coffee. Just made http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-...es/Detail.aspx for my lunch today. I added onions and colored peppers too. It has the same "dressing" as my black bean and corn salad, I'm not sure I won't miss my black beans!!

Off to a long day of work. If I'm lucky I'll really have a lunch hour, and go on a swim. I went for the first time in YEARS (and never was really a swimmer) and really enjoyed it. I'm going to try and fit it in the schedule more!

Have a great day!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage and Matilda- sorry about the sick kiddos! hope you don't get it.

Cyndi and Heidi- good for you fitting in your walks

Ruth- I love my new cell phone

Kara- whewhoo for third floor being almost completely done- I really need to do this to my whole house again- everytime I sort through everything I get rid of quite a few bags of things.

Debbie- Have fun making jam

Twynn- yea for blueberry smoothies lol

Last night missed DD1 soccer game they moved it to 4 p.m. instead of 5 p.m.- I get off work at 4 p.m. and have 45 minute commute so no way to get there in time. So I went grocery shopping desperately needed to, cupboards were bare. Tonight DD2 has dance other than that not much going on.

Looks like I will be doing a trial period with new responsibilities- half time doing what I do now with some things removed and half time new position- it's for both them and me- me so I can see if it is really direction I want to go in- them to test me out and also to put me in place so they can create the position and then I can slide into it. I will get the training I wanted so I am happy.

Make it a great day
Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #12  

Awesome day everyone. Clouds be darned - I just KNOW the sun is coming out one of these days!!!

DD1 had her birthday party last night at Dave & Busters - and it was a huge success. Well, ok - mostly - did not know I could not bring the home-made cake, so dashed out to buy a store-bought one just in time. The kids had a blast - and even with all of them eating mozzarella sticks, I had my salad. Um - yum. Yeah. And no cake. I will save my cheat slice for her actual family birthday with my mom over Spring Break which, as far as I am concerned, needs to start tomorrow. Can we please reschedule Easter??

Best of luck to all those clearing out closets and rooms for whatever reason -you are inspiring me to get going.

Thoughts and prayers for all with health concerns, sick kids, sore feet -

Be well!!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone!

Starting to gear up for our upcoming campus visit trip. Got some snacks and typed up a packing list for my son and for myself. My name is Karen and I am an obsessive over-planner The worst part is always choosing the clothes to take. Off to elliptical to the Biggest Loser. Sadly I already read online who got kicked off but will enjoy watching regardless.

Happy Thursday!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Bea, I just noticed you live in the Philly suburbs. I'm originally from south Jersey!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #15  

Kara -
Where is South Jersey? We are in the Plymouth Meeting area - I have friends in Cherry Hill, Colingswood, Vineland . . .
Closed Thread