South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone. It has been a busy one for me so far today. Got up went to the gym, went to an open house with several vendors, took my daughter to a bday party, now Im waiting to head out to a baby shower, then pick dd up and get home so their father can ppick them up for the night. Tonight my boyfriend will be grilling us Filet Mignon and BBQ Shrimp along with fresh asparagus and I will make a side salad. YUMMY!

Tomorrow I will be taking our dog to caught up on his shots as he is flying out Monday courtesy of a small dog rescue to his new home in New Jersey. I know he will be much happier but he has been my baby for 5 years. We just can't trust him around the kids anymore. He bit my dd a few weeks ago and now she is afraid of him. ): Hopefully I will have time to hit the gym and if not I will be hitting the exercise on the Wii with Wii Fit Plus and EA Active Sports.

Linda - you and your family will be kept in my prayers! Never lose Hope as long as she has got the will to fight!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Linda - Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Running from one tournament to another - everyone be well. SPRING IS COMING - HOLD ON!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #18  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Heidi - Happy weekend. How much snow did you get? A friend near the coast got almost a foot and had a 12 hour power outage
We got about a foot of wet, heavy stuff. Lots of power outages in the area but we didn't loose power at all. There was warmer air after the storm and when we left this morning the snow was already melting. We were joking that it might be all gone by the time we get back tomorrow night.

It's so nice here (central Mass). I took a walk late this afternoon and was comfortable with a sweatshirt rather than a winter jacket. That sure felt good!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #19  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. My day was very productive and last night we watched The King's Speech which was excellent! At the thrift store I got 3 bathing suits for my son (in camp in the summer he swims each day, so we need multiple bathing suits) for about $3-4 each and a pair of Keen shoes for $5.99! The shoes look like they have been worn maybe 3x.

Today - church, friends coming over, and then just winding down for the week. Ruby's on tonight and I always watch that on Sundays, plus two new series' starting that I'm recording - The Borgias and The Killing. That's about it. I'm hoping that there will be leftovers from lunch that I can bring to work this week so I don't have to think about it so much. Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 04-03-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Off to breakfast with the parents soon then on the road back home. It looks like a perfect day for a drive over the mountains. Meanwhile DW is off on a bird chase because, of course, there's a crazy rare bird sighting near home.

Mathilda - your day was much more successful than mine. I found a biking top and a birding shirt and a couple of pairs of jeans for DW, not so much for two days shopping. My brain is stuck between winter and summer and I can't decide what to buy. I'm also stuck between cute fun tops and grown-up clothes.

Hope everyone has a taste of this real spring weather and you can enjoy it.

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-03-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning girls,

Matilda and Cyndi, you girls make me want to go thrifting again, but I never seem to have luck there. One of my friends is always finding some great bargains but all the good stuff is gone whenever I go. I guess it's hit-or-miss.

I had a good day yesterday, though. Jake and I went to NJ to visit my DD, and we all decided to go out for a nice lunch and some shopping in Chestnut Hill, which is a lovely, quaint suburb of Phila. with lots of quirky shops and boutiques. I mostly window-shopped until we went into Penzey's, where I stocked up on my favorite spices and herbs.

I'm heading over to visit my parents for a while this morning, and then little Tyler will be coming over to entertain us this afternoon while Andrea and Amber are at a Girl Scout event. I'd better look in the freezer to see what I can pull out for dinner, since I know they'll all be here.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #22  
Be happy.

A quick Hello from Massachusetts!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We've been up puttering around. Yesterday morning was chilly and I commented I was excited for the morning we would go out and feel some warmth in the air-we got it this morning. It felt good and when Rudi needed a little assistance it was great not to have to worry about the stairs being slick.
Today we will go to brunch with mom. I do quite well with food choices there. Then hopefully a quiet day at home.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #24  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning "fat" chicks Yes, I used the dreaded "f" word but let's face the truth, most of us wouldn't be on this beach if we didn't have a "fat" problem. We are here because we want to learn how to get rid of the fat and become more healthy and wise in the process. So perhaps it is important to every once in a while acknowledge that we are (or were in some successful cases) "fat".

Ruth, sorry about your hearing loss but let's face facts, it will probably happen to most of us as we get on in years and if that is the worse that comes our way, we are better off than most. I can just see you with your ear horn LOL.

Linda, so very sorry about your mom's result but it sounds like she has a very strong family standing with her.

Heidi, hope you are having a good visit with your mom and a safe trip both ways.

Matilda and CyndiM, hope you all had a great time at the thrift stores. Out here the yard sales have started up and I enjoy going to them but don't like going by myself and DH doesn't like to go so need to round up a ladyfriend I guess.

Matilda, Sounds like you hit paydirt at the thrift store. I haven't seen The King's Speech yet but it is on my list of must sees.

kmac, happy birthday to you boy...........my youngest GS is the same age. He just grew 2 1/2 inches in the past few months. Tall and thin.

mamma, on losing those 7 lbs!

Debbie, There is no way I could operate our rototiller! You go girl!

Tanner'smom, Life happens so enjoy it but climb right back up here as we are all here waiting.

Vking, It's so hard to give a dog away but sounds like you are doing the right thing. Our daughter raised a guide dog puppy and I was the one who had to take her back to the guide dog folks for her final training. Talk about hard but it was the right thing to do.

DH and I went to GS3's first baseball game of the season yesterday and got to sit out in the sun and soak up those rays all afternoon. It felt sooo good. He is pretty active in sports and right now is running track and playing baseball. He just finished soccer and in a few months will start his football practice. We try not to miss any of his games so it definitely keeps us on the road as he lives about an hour away and then some of the game locations are a lot further than that.

It is so pretty here today that I hope to be able to spend just a little more time soaking up some rays. Hope you all have just the right amount of fun, sun and willpower!

Last edited by TallandThin; 04-03-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Rose(TallandThin), hope you got some today! For the record, our tiller is just a small one...and I'd prefer to have DH do it!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies. Just popping in to say hi. Been busy since Thursday w/ celebratory dinners and helping my bestfriend move. Hope all is well w/ you beautiful ladies!!!
Closed Thread